Sign in to follow this  
Kebab

Conditioned Transport Unload.

In my mission it is the player that is flying the helicopter. The pilot is required to load and unload several groups of fireteams at different locations. I have no major problem getting the fire teams to load and unload by synchronizing the waypoints etc, however it is where they unload that is the problem. Currently the fireteam in the helicopter unloads as soon as they are within the 500M of the transport unload waypoint (When landed obviously). Now, If I wanted them to only unload if the helicopter is landed at a specific locations, how do I proceed? - Think like the helicopter showcase mission, where you have to be pretty much on top of the H-sign for the troops to unload. I have tried all the synchronization options, waypoint combinations and I have looked through the different in-game scripting commands, but can't quite seem to find anything functional.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

Added video to show the problem I am facing (I am not trying to get an AI pilot to land! :P even though I know that can be horrible as well!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8xSsV7zD3I

Edited by Kebab

You would put a getout waypoint at the unload and sync it to the unload waypoint.

Believe me, I tried and retried while crying, the passengers still happily exited 500 meters away from the waypoint.

Is the helicopter under fire? If so it will move to a safer LZ or not land at all.

Unload waypoints dont work, i found easier way but you have to use a helicopter pad invisible I done same for loading and unloading units from water give me a message ill sort you out.

Hi guys

I too am having problems getting an AI helicopter to unload its AI troops cargo. How do I make this happen?

waituntil {heli distance unloadArea < 20 && (getposATL heli select 2) < 1};

{unassignVehicle (_x);(_x) action ["EJECT", vehicle _x]; sleep 0.5} foreach (units groupunloaddudes);

---------- Post added at 17:13 ---------- Previous post was at 15:39 ----------

Its bugged, assignascargo the group and then moveincargo the group, then set the helicopter to a move waypoint. Once the helicopter hits 499 meters away the waypoint changes to wait, if you land the helicopter they get out. Doesnt seem to be a way to fix this. I will check the feedback tracker but Im sure its already been reported.

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

The helicopters are obviously bugged and there are a number of issues already reported.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2060

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4169

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2774

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4778

Thanks for all the help Cobra, I know there is a major amount of issues. The ones in the tracker are several games old though :P I can see there is at least some way, since they are doing it in the showcase missions (Which is an enigma for me - I am a newbie)

Unfortunately I am so abysmal with scripting, and could not get your code to work, even though it makes some sense, but thanks for all the input though, I bet it will help other people ^^

Edit ------

I have been looking through old arma 2 missions and missions like http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16762&highlight=BLACK%2BHAWK%2BRIDE - Yet I failed to comprehend how the stuff works. I guess I might really have to delve into actually figuring out how the script completely works... But so confusing!

Edited by Kebab

I did the standard load/get in sync waypoint then transport unload/get out snyc waypoint and it does not work, hopefully it is fixed soon since its huge for mission makers.

Is the helicopter under fire? If so it will move to a safer LZ or not land at all.

Is there a way to make the helicopter land near a firefight? I remember i had this fucking annoyange back in the ArmA2 days too.:banghead:

I done it easy make a trigger with a small radius that activates the way point.

I tried that as well, unfortunately once trigger has been triggered, the chopper can still land anywhere it wants to within 500 meters, and the people in cargo will jump off the same as before :P

Sorry dudes, unless some scripting wizard stops by the helicopters will not land in a hot LZ. We are still in Alpha, but I pray it gets fixed. Also as long as you dont land less than 500 meters away the waypoints will work as they should.

Do you just have a transport unload waypoint by itself at the LZ? You should place a Move waypoint on the LZ first, then a transport unload next to it.

not sure ifthis helps but the choppers in A3 have this new thing in their configs

preciseGetInOut = 0;

canEject = 0;

i think BIS put it in because they have not modeled the parachute animations yet and they didn't want loads of people falling to their deaths after ejecting.

so you may want to try something like this once the chopper has landed

{_x action ["getout", _heli]} forEach crew _heli;

however i cannot make any choppers land in A3 so far... even with setfuel 0.01 or handofgodding it like this

_pos = position _heli;

_heli setposATL [_pos select 0, _pos select 2, 0];

_heli setfuel 0;

{unassignvehicle _x; _x action ["getout", _heli]} forEach (units _heli);

nothing works... helis just hover forages and then wander away

I tried that as well, unfortunately once trigger has been triggered, the chopper can still land anywhere it wants to within 500 meters, and the people in cargo will jump off the same as before :P

its easy dont link trigger to the way point but a trigger that activates when unit enter the radius.I have a map where i have solved issue like you are having, I've made helicopters drop of divers into water all sorts of diffrent ways of unloading.

This code works great only thing that works at the moment unload waypoints dont.

{_x action ["getout", _heli]} forEach crew _heli;

That trigger still doesn't solve the problem, in fact making them unload with the trigger are likely to send them to their deaths. People are discussing whether or not unload waypoints works? I am sorry but currently they work quite fine for me, and I'm always able to get the transported crew out, I simply want them only to disembark when in a certain area, not advice on how to get a helicopter to land. :P

From what i can understand your AI units have a waypoint set and are not grouped to you, so what you do is add a command to the vehicle that locks vehicle then with the trigger when you get close to waypoint you make it so once you enter the trigger area it unlocks vehicle and AI get out. If that dont work i suggest you google what you want to do as i have done and well even that ill give you the mission. And the trigger can only be activated when you set it up correct which means u set up activation for detection of blufor or opfor or anybody, and choose step you must have set up the trigger to activate at mission start not entering the trigger.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

not advice on how to get a helicopter to land. :P

Where did i give you advice on how to get helicopter to land, you sure your reading what im saying. :)

Edited by curtcooll

I did the standard load/get in sync waypoint then transport unload/get out snyc waypoint and it does not work, hopefully it is fixed soon since its huge for mission makers.

Rgr thanks for the info, no point in giving myself a headache then.

You could try '_helo1 land "LAND";' on a "Transport Unload" waypoint; This should bring the helo to a full stop on the specified waypoint or a helipad if there is one in 500m range. The crew remains sitting, the "cattle" is thrown out.

From what i can understand your AI units have a waypoint set and are not grouped to you, so what you do is add a command to the vehicle that locks vehicle then with the trigger when you get close to waypoint you make it so once you enter the trigger area it unlocks vehicle and AI get out. If that dont work i suggest you google what you want to do as i have done and well even that ill give you the mission. And the trigger can only be activated when you set it up correct which means u set up activation for detection of blufor or opfor or anybody, and choose step you must have set up the trigger to activate at mission start not entering the trigger.

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Where did i give you advice on how to get helicopter to land, you sure your reading what im saying. :)

The locking of the chopper only locks it for the player not the AI, they jump off as happily as ever :P And I wasn't refering to you when it came to landing the helicopter, but the tons of other people that seem to believe that I have problems getting an AI pilot to land the helicopter ^^

According to the latest DEV update they made improvements to the "MH-9 cargo capacity and get-in / get-out procedures improved". After testing the guys still get out at 500 meters or less though. Its good that they are working on it.