Sign in to follow this  
X14Halo

Anybody else crashing more often with the new patch?

To stop my game crashing I deleted my player profile and game config and let the game write new ones:

/Documents/Arma3-OtherProfiles/playerName

playerName.Arma3AlphaProfile

playerName.vars.Arma3AlphaProfile

/Documents/Arma 3 Alpha

Arma3Alpha.cfg

I had this same problem after updates and some beta patches in Arma2 - had a clean install of windows 7 x64 for A3 and it's back again.

I am left with a problem where I get disconnected from servers with a red "No message received for X seconds" which is either the server crashing or a problem my end, sometimes you can rejoin - it's very odd.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

To stop my game crashing I deleted my player profile and game config and let the game write new ones:

/Documents/Arma3-OtherProfiles/playerName

playerName.Arma3AlphaProfile

playerName.vars.Arma3AlphaProfile

/Documents/Arma 3 Alpha

Arma3Alpha.cfg

I had this same problem after updates and some beta patches in Arma2 - had a clean install of windows 7 x64 for A3 and it's back again.

I am left with a problem where I get disconnected from servers with a red "No message received for X seconds" which is either the server crashing or a problem my end, sometimes you can rejoin - it's very odd.

Tried this, but it doesn't helped me. Were do i find the error dump file to attach it in tracker?

Spent 5 hours yesterday trying to play, every single srever I played on (about 40 different servers) crashed within 15 mins of so. Sometimes the crash was at my end as the game just froze and had to alt-ctrl-del to bring up task manager to close it. But anyway. I've given up playing it now until they patch it again.

I didn't have any problem until I update my nvidia drivers (I think the game also had a minor update at the same time) 314.21 BETA, then the game started crashing randomly. Yesterday I updated ARMA alpha and I started getting the connection lost and also the usual random crashes. Today I installed 314.22 WHQL and I can't play more than 3min without crashing, now it even crashes loading the game.

Windows 7, i7 2600k on MSI Z68 GD65 B3, 16gb corsair vengeance, msi 560ti 1gb twinfrozer (if its any help)

Hope there is a patch soon because it's getting a little bit frustrating.

I have tried out the Dev Build and i could play with it 2-3 hours non-stop! With the new patch and the stable release only a few minutes. The bad thing is, there are not many Dev-Servers.

When i got a CTD, I don't have a dump file.Anyone else have this problem?

Played a couple of hours of Blitz yesterday, been busy in the editor and redoing the showcases with only one CTD when the server I was on finally went down.....:)

Hmm have to say yeah, i was'nt with pre 0.52 now I just crashed after an hr or so of play time than came back in an player fired mortars at AO an I crashed again.

We founded the reason of crash server

cause : SMOKE GRENADE

(At least we tryed to launch it with a grenade launcher) (color red)

We diden't test the other colors or samples grenades

Thnx for SEED & for FIX IT

Punkster

Yes, the crashing is much worse than before. I can't play on a server for more than 20 minutes before the crash freezes on me and crashes.

314.22whql And cant play more than 5 minutes anymore without getting ERROR DEVICE REMOVED

since new patch i cant connect to any server , all of them shows 2500ping and i cant connect , anyone knows any solution to this ?

Just ended downloading ArmA 3 Alpha Lite, exe version 0.54.103.957, Win 7 x64, NVidia drivers 310.90. When I try to start the game an error message appears: 'Data verification failed F:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\ArmA 3 Alpha Lite\dta\languagecore.pbo' then the game crashes. May anyone help me with this problem?

Yesterday, after repeated freeze/crash/"Arma not responding" trouble playing MP, I opened the side panel and set a house fan blowing the case.

No more freezing in MP for the rest of the night. Opening map or inventory didn't freeze or crash either.

The cpu/gpu temps aren't very high under load and not a problem in SP.

So, can't say why it worked. But i'll continue testing and let you all know if forcing more air into the case is a real option for this problem.

It seems to be random, last night I was freezing, pressing ctrl alt del to get out of the game and getting the message ARMA 3 has stopped responding, tonight though the game is freezing, just shutting itself down, or I am getting the red message saying no message received for 5, 10, 15, 20 seconds and having to escape out of the game.

Edit

Playing the DEV version

Yesterday, after repeated freeze/crash/"Arma not responding" trouble playing MP, I opened the side panel and set a house fan blowing the case.

No more freezing in MP for the rest of the night. Opening map or inventory didn't freeze or crash either.

The cpu/gpu temps aren't very high under load and not a problem in SP.

So, can't say why it worked. But i'll continue testing and let you all know if forcing more air into the case is a real option for this problem.

So, a bit more testing shows cpu temp mid 70sC. is too hot for MP --cpu is a i5-665 @3.2 stock.

Thermal specs call 72C. max.

Guess i need to re-mount with new thermal paste and think about a better heatsink.

But for now, the house fan is keeping temps mid 60sC. and keeping me in MP servers.

Played tonight on the same servers and didn't crash once.

My 3770K is running at 59,58,57,59. GFX card running at 55 c so temp is Ok for me.

Edited by Sabbath

I can't even get on the game. I get some weird shader error when I try to play. Some other errors too.