I don't know if that what you're trying to do in your stringtable.xml is working, because I've never tried it, but I guess what you want is that:

<Original>Kill all enemies at <marker name="respawn_Pyrgos">Pyrgos</marker> at postion (map: 167126).</Original>

this is not possible, as it would break the XML. If you use "<" inside a node of the XML (in this case <option></option>), you have to "escape" the "<", which is done with the <.

@Varanon:

Thanks for this, that lead into the right direction:

I use Notepad++ and ofc save all files in UTF8. Still I couldn't get the code running. After a while re-typed everything manually, exactly 1:1 the sme... and it works. So somehow in the editor a char must have been wrong, but was displayed correct (and even copied here too). So the case seems to be solved and everything works as planned, thanks!

Edited by Smoerble

Good thing to know. As I said, I didn't know if that was working as I'm not using XML files for my scripts and barely at work. But I'll memorize that, thanks.

Hope, anyone can help:

error message:

Error in expression <

["task1", "succeeded", "task2"] call FHQ_TTI_markTaskAndNext;

};

SMO_taskSuc>

Error position: <FHQ_TTI_markTaskAndNext;

};

SMO_taskSuc>

Error Undefined variable in expression: fhq_tti_marktaskandnext

File C:\Users\Michael\Documents\Arma 3\missions\BombRats-Coop4-Mission1.Stratis\smoerbleFunctions.sqf, line 41

smoerbleFunctions.sqf:

SMO_taskSuccess1 = {
hint "SMO_taskSuccess1 started.";

[
	west, [
		"task2", 
		localize "smotrans_taskDescription2", 
		localize "smotrans_taskTitle2", 
		localize "smotrans_taskMarker2", 
		getMarkerPos "marker_task2", "assigned"
	]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

};

Edited by Smoerble

Is that the whole code in that file and is it the state it was as the error occured? Because the only lines "FHQ_TTI_markTaskAndNext" appears are commented out...

sorry, copy paste error, please check the code abov,e that's the one that causes the error.

Hope, anyone can help:

error message:

smoerbleFunctions.sqf:

SMO_taskSuccess1 = {
hint "SMO_taskSuccess1 started.";

[
	west, [
		"task2", 
		localize "smotrans_taskDescription2", 
		localize "smotrans_taskTitle2", 
		localize "smotrans_taskMarker2", 
		getMarkerPos "marker_task2", "assigned"
	]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

};

Have you tried using FHQ_TT_markTaskAndNext instead of FHQ_TTI_markTaskAndNext?

Have you tried using FHQ_TT_markTaskAndNext instead of FHQ_TTI_markTaskAndNext?

No, I haven't... and that fixed, it, many thanks!!!!

No, I haven't... and that fixed, it, many thanks!!!!

Sometimes one pair of eyes just isn't enough. ;)

I generated a totally empty mission, added two markers and have the following set:

init.sqf:

waituntil {!(isnil "bis_fnc_init")};
//WaitUntil {Sleep 1;Local Player};

/*
use the FHQ FastTracker pack
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151680-FHQ-TaskTracker
*/
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt2.sqf"; 

waitUntil {!(isNull player)};

init.sqf:
player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["test briefing title", "test briefing description"]];
[
west, 
["task1", "Test Task 1 description", "Task #1 title", "testtask1markertext", getMarkerPos "marker_task1", ""]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

[
west, 
["task2", "Test Task 2 description", "Task #2 title", "testtask1markertext", getMarkerPos "marker_task2", ""]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Here's the issue I have:

1) When opening SP editor, hitting Preview: it works

2) When opening in Multiplay Editor, hitting Preview: it works

3) When saving as a MP mission, then starting a new multiplay server on my machine: it works

4) But when I upload this PBO file to the server and start the mission there: it does not work: no tasks are displayed, no error message is displayed.

Questions:

What I do wrong?

Player is always null on a dedicated server, so waiting for it to become non-null will wait forever

Player is always null on a dedicated server, so waiting for it to become non-null will wait forever

Do I need to wait for anything else then for the dedicated Server?

I have read in the forums, that you need to have some kind of waiting, otherwise things wouldn#t work. But everyone seems to use a different code for this wait method.

Example:

waituntil {!(isnil "bis_fnc_init")};

Anything you recommend please?

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 18:20 ----------

Sorry, to bother, but this also didn't help, still no tasks are displayed when running on the dedicated server.

init.sqf:

/*
use the FHQ FastTracker pack
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151680-FHQ-TaskTracker
*/
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt2.sqf"; 

player createDiaryRecord["Diary", ["test briefing title", "test briefing description"]];
[
west, 
["task1", "Test Task 1 description", "Task #1 title", "testtask1markertext", getMarkerPos "marker_task1", ""]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

[
west, 
["task2", "Test Task 2 description", "Task #2 title", "testtask1markertext", getMarkerPos "marker_task2", ""]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

player globalChat "v002";

How can I verify I have the correct fhqtt2 version?

Edited by Smoerble

Do I need to wait for anything else then for the dedicated Server?

Actually, you don't need to wait for anything. The Task Tracker will wait for whatever it needs, so you don't really need to.

I have read in the forums, that you need to have some kind of waiting, otherwise things wouldn#t work. But everyone seems to use a different code for this wait method.

The example you quote is waiting for the function module to become available.

Other examples include waiting for the player to become non-NULL, to cope with JIP issues.

However, the task tracker does all that when it actually needs it (also means skipping the wait for player on dedicated servers), so you don't really need to wait for much of anything yourself.

Sorry, to bother, but this also didn't help, still no tasks are displayed when running on the dedicated server.

Right, this is actually a bug in the task tracker (that I have already fixed in the new version that I still didn't have time to release... sigh)...

The released version does not work if there is no briefing defined, since it's waiting for the briefing to appear. So just add an empty briefing for now, like

[] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

Right, this is actually a bug in the task tracker (that I have already fixed in the new version that I still didn't have time to release... sigh)...

The released version does not work if there is no briefing defined, since it's waiting for the briefing to appear. So just add an empty briefing for now, like

[] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

Thanks for your feedback. Works fine now (of course) ;). I don't know, how many ppl start to work with your framework until you release a new version... but maybe it would be an idea, to add this description to the comment section of your sqf file.

However: I am happy that I can continue to work on the missions :).

I don't know, how many ppl start to work with your framework until you release a new version... but maybe it would be an idea, to add this description to the comment section of your sqf file.

Even better, I should release the new version that has this bug fixed... too busy these days, though... I'll try harder this week

I absolutely love this script - makes briefings and tasks a pleasure to do. I am having one issue though - when using child tasks I can't add a target to them using getMarkerPos. Has anybody encountered/resolved this? Script looks like the following:

[Fixer,

["tskf1","Board the aircraft and get airborne","Get airborne","BOARD",FIXER11,"assigned"],

Hercules,

["tskh1","Board the aircraft and get airborne","Get airborne","BOARD",HERCULES11,"assigned"],

resistance,

["tsk2", "Engage and defeat flanking insurgent teams preventing SF callsign Clipper from extracting",

"Engage Insurgent Positions", ""],

[["tsk2a", "tsk2"], "Engage insurgent team near the summit of Agela hill, <marker name='WHISKEY'>Location Whiskey</marker>.",

"Engage Location Whiskey", ""],

[["tsk2b", "tsk2"], "Engage insurgent marksmen at small compound SSW of Sfaka, <marker name='ZULU'>Location Zulu</marker>.",

"Engage Location Zulu", ""],

["tsk3","Provide overwatch for SF callsign Clipper as they move to <marker name=ECHO'>extract</marker>.","Provide overwatch","OVERWATCH",getMarkerPos "SF-2-1-B-CLIPPER]

][

Fixer,

["tskf1","Board the aircraft and get airborne","Get airborne","BOARD",FIXER11,"assigned"],

Hercules,

["tskh1","Board the aircraft and get airborne","Get airborne","BOARD",HERCULES11,"assigned"],

resistance,

["tsk2", "Engage and defeat flanking insurgent teams preventing SF callsign Clipper from extracting",

[["tsk2a", "tsk2"], "Engage insurgent team near the summit of Agela hill, <marker name='WHISKEY'>Location Whiskey</marker>.",

"Engage Location Whiskey", getMarkerPos "WHISKEY"],

[["tsk2b", "tsk2"], "Engage insurgent marksmen at small compound SSW of Sfaka, <marker name='ZULU'>Location Zulu</marker>.",

"Engage Location Zulu", getMarkerPos "ZULU"],

["tsk3","Provide overwatch for SF callsign Clipper as they move to <marker name=ECHO'>extract</marker>.","Provide overwatch","OVERWATCH",getMarkerPos "SF-2-1-B-CLIPPER]

]

call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Fixer and Hercules are group names. When i add the getMarkerPos "WHISKEY" etc to init.sqf i get the child tasks listed as tsk2a and tsk2b with no long description. Any ideas anyone?

I absolutely love this script - makes briefings and tasks a pleasure to do. I am having one issue though - when using child tasks I can't add a target to them using getMarkerPos. Has anybody encountered/resolved this? Script looks like the following:

Fixer and Hercules are group names. When i add the getMarkerPos "WHISKEY" etc to init.sqf i get the child tasks listed as tsk2a and tsk2b with no long description. Any ideas anyone?

Can you quote that again, please, using [ code ] [ /code] tags ? I think you copied something twice, because the example doesn't make sense otherwise

Hopefully a bit clearer now...this is a copy/paste from mission init.sqf. It's the child tasks of tsk2 (tsk2a & 2b) that i am having the issue with.

[
Fixer,

Hercules,

resistance,
"Engage Location Whiskey", getMarkerPos "WHISKEY"],
"Engage Location Zulu", getMarkerPos "ZULU"],	
["tsk3","Provide overwatch for SF callsign Clipper as they move to <marker name='ECHO'>extract</marker>.","Provide overwatch","OVERWATCH",getMarkerPos "SF-2-1-B-CLIPPER"]

]

call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

This should actually work. Are you on Arma 2 or Arma 3 ?

Arma 3, and yeah, I was fairly sure the syntax of the script was correct. I will launch without any mods and try it with a test mission tonight.

OK, I was able to get it working by adding an entry for task waypoint description, as follows:

[
Fixer,

Hercules,

resistance,
"Engage Location Whiskey", "ENGAGE", getMarkerPos "WHISKEY"],
"Engage Location Zulu", "ENGAGE", getMarkerPos "ZULU"],	
["tsk3","Provide overwatch for SF callsign Clipper as they move to <marker name='ECHO'>extract</marker>.","Provide overwatch","OVERWATCH",getMarkerPos "SF-2-1-B-CLIPPER"]

]

call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

All good now.

I've got a little problem with a credits-section I want to include in the briefing screen. I know, this doesn't really relate to fhqtt, but maybe someone has an answer for me.

The missionauthor is defined in the description.ext. Theoretically you can include these informations via the format-command as strings in scripts. I know it does work with briefingName. What I'm trying to do now is to include the missionauthor's name in the credits, like this:

[
{true},
["Credits",
	"Mission", 
		format ["This mission was built by %1.", author]
]
] call FHQ_TT_addBriefing;

But instead of the author entry from the description.ext %1 just returns "any". It works with briefingName and OnLoadMission and whatnot, but not with author. Am I missing something?

Is author an actual script command ? I can't find any information about it