ok something im having trouble with at the moment:

I have 2 tasks to kick off the mission and they work just fine - I also have two markers on map called task1 and task2 so players know where to go to complete the objectives.

Upon completion they both are marked as completed - fine.

At this point I want to create task3 and I create a marker with a script which looks like this:

sleep5;
_marker = createMarker ["task3" + str (random 1), getpos can1]; _marker setmarkertype "mil_pickup"; _marker setmarkercolor "colorGreen";

(Note you may be wondering why the f* I have can1 here - the only way I could get the f* marker to go where I wanted it was to place an object (yes, you guessed it, a can) on the map and then attach the marker to it's position lol)

Then within the trigger I create the new task:

[  west,                                                                ["task3",           "Head to the <marker name='task3'>LZ.</marker>.",           "Head to the LZ",            "Head to the LZ",       getmarkerpos "task3"          ]  ] call FHQ_TT_addTasks; 

The marker appears on map. Check.

The new task is created. Check.

However, the new task waypoint does not sit inside this newly created mark, instead it shows at bottom left corner of the map.

Now I am definitely no coder, but I have been hacking away for years to make shit work and getting the real coders like you out there to fix my shit when it don't work - I need your help again please.

Thanx Lighty.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

ah I seem to have a fix - although again, it's prolly considered more of a hack then good use of code. I place an invisible marker called task3 over the can and then when I create the task and marker it shows the waypoint sitting at the can.

coding for the win!! lol

Edited by Lightspeed_aust
explain something

ah I seem to have a fix - although again, it's prolly considered more of a hack then good use of code. I place an invisible marker called task3 over the can and then when I create the task and marker it shows the waypoint sitting at the can.

coding for the win!! lol

I'm pretty sure that's how it's done? At least that's how i've always done it :)

http://pastebin.com/R6S8CsR8

Here's the init of my mission, how come fhq executes normally in singleplayer or localhost but refuses to show up in dedicated?

I even tried moving the fhq calling lines to a trigger ingame but that didn't work either.

***Fixed***

Hello!

Was using the version that was back in september.

Now, i have downloaded v2 and started to test it.

However, i can't get that to work like the previous version.

Whatever i do, it won't show up in the middle that i got a new task or so.

You know this: http://friedenhq.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/arma3-2014-01-14-00-56-07-521-990x576.jpg

But it still appears in "Tasks" if i press "M" for map.

I tried several codes, the latest is

[ west, ["taskBoard34", "Board your chopper", "Board your chopper", "BOARD", westHelo1, "assigned"]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

I have tested in in Triggers, Init.sqf, Debug Console. Nothing works.

(Yes, ive created a unit called "westhelo1" also)

Other things i have is that in my init.sqf i have

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt2.sqf";

still that screen doesent popup that says i got a new task assigned.

Have tested multiple things.

Also

[ ["Task1", "When", "who", ""],

["Task2", "where", "what", ""]

] call FHQ_TT_addTasks

As written earlier to test all things that seems to work for others.

Nothing whatever i do seems to help.

The mission is created in the "Editor" under "Play" in main menu.

What can be wrong? Whatever it still don't popup a that i have a new task. But i can see it as i said in "Tasks".

***Fixed***

*****Problem 2*****

*Testing again, i re-copied the Fhqtt2.sqf again to the mission folder and restarted the game completly. Seems like it have changed. Tesint it now

*Update2

Seems like it works now, to 80%.

1: I can't start the mission with a script that starts a task, then it will not popup for me. For example i can't start a task on missionstart from init.sqf or from another sqf file that starts.

2: The name that is in the popup window that should be what i remember "Task Short Description" is now the "Task Name" instead, so if i name it something like "task1/task2" or as in the Readme "taskDestroy", then the popup will use that name instead of "Task Short Description" name, it does not look so nice to have a popup that says everytime "Task assigned Task2" and so on. Anyone knows how to fix that of if it is like that now?

*Update on this on, it seems like the first task whatever i do, never popups. Even if in a trigger/script whatever. It just don't popup. It still is visible in the "Tasks" if you press "M" but no popup so you know that you got a new task.

The secound one does however seem to work everytime.

Using this code right now in the first trigger

[ west,  ["Destroyh", "Lang test", "Kort text",  "Test", getmarkerpos "test1"] ] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Here it seems like i am stuck. Can't get the first task to show up. The task that follows after the first works perfect, just that it has the problem as in #2

Edited by FortuN
Update

***Fixed***

Hello!

Was using the version that was back in september.

Now, i have downloaded v2 and started to test it.

However, i can't get that to work like the previous version.

Whatever i do, it won't show up in the middle that i got a new task or so.

You know this: http://friedenhq.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/arma3-2014-01-14-00-56-07-521-990x576.jpg

But it still appears in "Tasks" if i press "M" for map.

I tried several codes, the latest is

[ west, ["taskBoard34", "Board your chopper", "Board your chopper", "BOARD", westHelo1, "assigned"]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

I have tested in in Triggers, Init.sqf, Debug Console. Nothing works.

(Yes, ive created a unit called "westhelo1" also)

Other things i have is that in my init.sqf i have

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt2.sqf";

still that screen doesent popup that says i got a new task assigned.

Have tested multiple things.

Also

[ ["Task1", "When", "who", ""],

["Task2", "where", "what", ""]

] call FHQ_TT_addTasks

As written earlier to test all things that seems to work for others.

Nothing whatever i do seems to help.

The mission is created in the "Editor" under "Play" in main menu.

What can be wrong? Whatever it still don't popup a that i have a new task. But i can see it as i said in "Tasks".

***Fixed***

*****Problem 2*****

*Testing again, i re-copied the Fhqtt2.sqf again to the mission folder and restarted the game completly. Seems like it have changed. Tesint it now

*Update2

Seems like it works now, to 80%.

1: I can't start the mission with a script that starts a task, then it will not popup for me. For example i can't start a task on missionstart from init.sqf or from another sqf file that starts.

2: The name that is in the popup window that should be what i remember "Task Short Description" is now the "Task Name" instead, so if i name it something like "task1/task2" or as in the Readme "taskDestroy", then the popup will use that name instead of "Task Short Description" name, it does not look so nice to have a popup that says everytime "Task assigned Task2" and so on. Anyone knows how to fix that of if it is like that now?

*Update on this on, it seems like the first task whatever i do, never popups. Even if in a trigger/script whatever. It just don't popup. It still is visible in the "Tasks" if you press "M" but no popup so you know that you got a new task.

The secound one does however seem to work everytime.

Using this code right now in the first trigger

[ west,  ["Destroyh", "Lang test", "Kort text",  "Test", getmarkerpos "test1"] ] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Here it seems like i am stuck. Can't get the first task to show up. The task that follows after the first works perfect, just that it has the problem as in #2

Anyone? Is a sitting duck here. The popup will still not display on the first created task.

*Edit: Also seems like if you are captive, you will not recive any task at all. But thats maybe how it should be?

And as earlier, the first missions also uses "Task Name" as "Hint Name" in the popup. Think this could all be connected maybe.

Edited by FortuN
new info

I'm sure Varanon will be able to help but he is away at this moment.

*Edit: Also seems like if you are captive, you will not recive any task at all. But thats maybe how it should be?

And as earlier, the first missions also uses "Task Name" as "Hint Name" in the popup. Think this could all be connected maybe.

Haven't looked at your example yet (will do asap), but at least that is normal When you are captive, your side changes to Civilian, so if your filter applies to a side then you will not see the task.

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

This is normal. The task hints will only start working after the briefing. If you want to have them at the start of the mission, add a short sleep at the end of the init.sqf and change the task state to assigned there, then you should see the hint. You do however have to create the task as NOT assigned, since otherwise the task hint will also not show up.

I am not quite sure what you mean?

Haven't looked at your example yet (will do asap), but at least that is normal When you are captive, your side changes to Civilian, so if your filter applies to a side then you will not see the task.

---------- Post added at 01:13 ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 ----------

This is normal. The task hints will only start working after the briefing. If you want to have them at the start of the mission, add a short sleep at the end of the init.sqf and change the task state to assigned there, then you should see the hint. You do however have to create the task as NOT assigned, since otherwise the task hint will also not show up.

Thank you man! Really appreciate it.

I got the 1st problem to work, as you said, i did this

[ west, 
   ["Error", "This is a bugged task, don't worry!", "error3", "created"] 
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;
sleep 1;    <<<< If no sleep, then it still won't work, so 1 sec sleep
["Error", "Assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;    <<<< This was the bit that fixed it as you said. Now i get it to assigned even if it is first task

So that one is working.

This is the name i got in the hint/popup

Task Name. The first entry is always the task name. This is either a single string

("taskDestroy"), or an array of two strings (["taskDestroy1", "taskParent"]). Single

string means a simple task, while the two string array defines a task and it's parent.

Parented tasks are always displayed below the parent task, but apart from that,

they behave like normal tasks.

So if i name it Taskdestroy1 and does like this

[ west, 
   ["Taskdestroy1", "Long description shown in tasks", "Short description that should be shown in the popup/hint", "created"] 
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

But still, the popup/hint shows Taskdestroy1 as hint text.

As in this Hint

http://friedenhq.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/arma3-2014-01-14-00-56-07-521-990x576.jpg

Where the text says

Return to LZ

the name

Taskdestroy1

instead is displayed.

When it should be the short description to be displayed if am not wrong?

So the error is that the Taskname is what is in the Hint/popup instead of the Shortdescription text.

This make it much more complicated to make tasks since i need to end it with like this

[ west, 
   ["Task names that also is displayed in the hint", "Long description shown in tasks", "Short description that should be shown in the popup/hint", ""] 
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

sleep 1;
["Task names that also is displayed in the hint", "Succeeded"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

What i remember, it should not be like that? It wasn't in the earlier versions i think?

<<<< This was the bit that fixed it as you said. Now i get it to assigned even if it is first task

The "sleep" is required (can be as short as 0.001) because init.sqf is executed during the briefing, and sleeping in the briefing will cause init.sqf to wait until time actually passes (i.e. after the briefing).

What i remember, it should not be like that? It wasn't in the earlier versions i think?

I do think that this is the intended behavior, but I'll ask Varanon.

The "sleep" is required (can be as short as 0.001) because init.sqf is executed during the briefing, and sleeping in the briefing will cause init.sqf to wait until time actually passes (i.e. after the briefing).

I do think that this is the intended behavior, but I'll ask Varanon.

Thanks, however, im pretty sure it was like that. The taskname you had was like obj1, obj2, obj3, ojb4 so you could easily remember and script the

call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

without having to remember so much.

Thanks for the help btw. Going to try an old mission to see that im right, coming with an edit soon

Thanks, however, im pretty sure it was like that. The taskname you had was like obj1, obj2, obj3, ojb4 so you could easily remember and script the
call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

without having to remember so much.

Thanks for the help btw. Going to try an old mission to see that im right, coming with an edit soon

Huh? I didn't say X or Y is right or wrong, I said I think it is intended behavior, nothing else.

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

Huh? I didn't say X or Y is right or wrong, I said I think it is intended behavior, nothing else.

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

I didn't meant that as an offensive comment or that you have said anything, its the limitation of my english language hehe.

What i meant was that i would check it to see that im not saying anything wrongfully.

However, i just did a test.

Was using one of my old missions with a fhqtt.sqf that is back since september against the new version of fhqtt.

And it was different as mentioned. With the old, everything worked fine, i got the "Task short Description" in the hint/popup box instead of the "Task name". With the newest one, V2, i got Task name in the popup instead.

Was using one of my old missions with a fhqtt.sqf that is back since september against the new version of fhqtt.

And it was different as mentioned. With the old, everything worked fine, i got the "Task short Description" in the hint/popup box instead of the "Task name". With the newest one, V2, i got Task name in the popup instead.

Sounds like a bug then. I'll let Varanon know about it.

I wasn't offended, just confused :)

When it should be the short description to be displayed if am not wrong?

No, you're right, the task hint is wrong when tasks are created... updating it and uploading a new version ASAP

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

New version up on the website (see link in first post). The Armaholic page will be updated shortly.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks, that was quick!

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Great, that will make updating much easier! Good work, Foxhound.

Thanks for the update! This is a good and easy tool to use once you learn it i noticed.

However, instead of getting the "Task name" as Popup/hint text (Fixed in the latest update) it is now instead "Task Long Description" that is shown. This is how i get it

///First task in Briefing.sqf that is executed in Init.sqf

[
west,                                                           // Filter
   	["Task1",										// Task name
        "Do the insertion <marker name='start'>here</marker> and then make your way to the next objective",				       // Task text in briefing
        "Insertion with boat",							// Task title in briefing
        ""										// Waypoint text
        											// Optional: Position or object
													// Optional: Initial state
       ] 
      ] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

sleep 1;    

["Task1", "Assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

[color="#0000CD"][b]>>>>>This task shows Short Description as Hint/Popup, maybe because this is first task and shows as popup/hint first when i execute "["Insertion", "Assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;" Code? <<<<<[/b][/color]

//// Secound Task

[ west,
	 ["Task2",										// Task name
        "Infiltrate the <marker name='host'>chapel</marker> and get back our pilot, expect resistance!",				       // Task text in briefing
        "Hostage situation",							// Task title in briefing
        "Bajs",
        getmarkerpos "end",
        "created"

[color="#FF0000"]>>>>This one is showing in Hint/Popup by using Long Description instead of Short Description<<<<[/color]

TLDR

Instead of the Hint "short Description", now hint "Long Description is in the popup, so you will get massive of text in the popup/hint that you written for Long description

Edited by FortuN

Thanks for the update! This is a good and easy tool to use once you learn it i noticed.

Thanks.

However, instead of getting the "Task name" as Popup/hint text (Fixed in the latest update) it is now instead "Task Long Description" that is shown.

Sigh... me being stupid again.. new version will be up shortly

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

New version up on FHQ, Armaholic pending. First post updated.

Thanks, FortuN, for the feedback

Armaholic link updated. Thanks Foxhound

How do I do that?

I see the tasks after all so that part of the script is obviously working.

http://i.imgur.com/ppqCpWe.jpg

You are so far beyond worthy of getting help.

Every post you have made on this entire forum, you have been nothing but rude to the people that, for some reason, bend over backwards trying to help you.

I hope you get help with the issue(s) that have made you so angry and ungrateful.

I have added some notes, but I always get a Briefing option in the list on the left, under Tasks. So I changed one of my notes to be titled 'Briefing' and it just added a new note further down called Briefing.

Anybody know how to get rid of the default one, or use this script to add notes under the built in Breifing option.

Cheers

GC

I have added some notes, but I always get a Briefing option in the list on the left, under Tasks. So I changed one of my notes to be titled 'Briefing' and it just added a new note further down called Briefing.

Anybody know how to get rid of the default one, or use this script to add notes under the built in Breifing option.

The Briefing node is called "Diary". If you want to add anything to it, just use the two-component naming scheme.

As far as I know, there's no way to get rid of the default.

The Briefing node is called "Diary". If you want to add anything to it, just use the two-component naming scheme.

As far as I know, there's no way to get rid of the default.

Sorted it now. Thanks.

Cheers

GC

Hi Varanon.

I try use to in my missions but when I change my state to "captive" to test the mission the script don't "succeded" the state of the task.

There's one solution?