I know about defining variables, but I don't understand Varanon's script well enough to know why it's suddenly complaining about undefined variables in the latest patch. Hopefully he'll know..

Edited by Phal

'KRON_TRGFlag=|#|KRON_Trig_EAST_AZ1'

Error undefined variable in expression: kron_trig_east_az1

That isn't a variable that I use in my script. Are you using Urban Patrol Script ? KRON = Kronsky ?

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

I know about defining variables, but I don't understand Varanon's script well enough to know why it's suddenly complaining about undefined variables in the latest patch. Hopefully he'll know..

See my other post. I tried the script with the latest patch, and it didn't complain about any undefined variable. I'll check again to make sure.

the thread is about the new patch and the fact the it does give error that it didn't before on undefined variables...

regards,

Holo

Oh you know you could be right on that one, I'm using UPS. Sorry. I figured it was the task tracker since it would pop up when tasks were updated in whatever way. Right, onto the next breadcrumb!

Cheers.

P.S. I just saw your post in UPS, holo89. Thanks for that, going to try the fix now.

*Edit:* It worked, ta.

Edited by Phal

Any chance of updating this awesome script so it works with the current release? :D

Currently getting this error:

[bIS_fnc_showNotification] Template "Default" not found in CfgNotifications.

Edited by eXpouk

Any chance of updating this awesome script so it works with the current release? :D

Yeah, I'm working on a new version that actually has more features (including the dreaded respawn, script "events" and a few other things). No eta, though, it's on backburner for now (until I satisfied my need to make a few missions first, heh)

was there an older version or something that used to work with respawn at all? I had your script in my mission since the alpha and the task completed messages always used to work fine after I respawned (when killed)...but now since the new release Ive noticed that even though the tasks DO complete it no longer notifies me with the pop-up messages (after ive been killed and respawn).

Does it work with group respawn, but not base respawn? The mission used to be group respawn and it always worked for us, however we've recently changed to base respawn and now it doesnt work.

Edited by BigShot

Does it work with group respawn, but not base respawn? The mission used to be group respawn and it always worked for us, however we've recently changed to base respawn and now it doesnt work.

Basically, the script tries to save a bit in execution time by pre-filtering the units ahead of time. That means, if a unit was in the game before, it will get it's briefing again after respawn. It just doesn't work on base respawn missions if the player slots are disabled at the beginning. Everything else should work.

The missing notifications might be caused by changes in the configs between beta and final release. I'll have to check that, although I have made a few missions now and notification does work in those. I'll check.

Yeah, I'm working on a new version that actually has more features (including the dreaded respawn, script "events" and a few other things). No eta, though, it's on backburner for now (until I satisfied my need to make a few missions first, heh)

Awesome! Cant wait :D

The missing notifications might be caused by changes in the configs between beta and final release. I'll have to check that, although I have made a few missions now and notification does work in those. I'll check.

Thanks for checking it Varanon - don't know if it makes a difference but another thing that has changed about the mission is that it uses the respawn modules so that after you die the respawn screen gives you multiple choices of where to respawn...perhaps this is the culprit that your task tracker isn't liking?

When you test it perhaps you should try throwing down a few of those respawn modues.

Also here's a snip from my rpt file re: fhqtt -

Error in expression <rrent = _this select _i;

if (typename _current == "ARRAY") then

{

_currentTo>

Error position: <_current == "ARRAY") then

{

_currentTo>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _current

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\fhqtt.sqf, line 260

Error in expression <urrent = _this select _i;

if (typename _current == "ARRAY") then

{

_currentTask>

Error position: <_current == "ARRAY") then

{

_currentTask>

Error Undefined variable in expression: _current

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\fhqtt.sqf, line 461

Error in expression <rocessFileLineNumbers "fhqtt.sqf";

[

PlayerGroup,

["Mission",

"You are to de>

Error position: <PlayerGroup,

["Mission",

"You are to de>

Error Undefined variable in expression: playergroup

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Stratis\briefing.sqf, line 6

dunno if this helps you or not

Edited by BigShot

Currently getting this error:

[bIS_fnc_showNotification] Template "Default" not found in CfgNotifications.

Btw I should probably have been clearer. The briefing and tasks work fine but the notifications show up blank for me.

Ok...just tested it and I can confirm that the notifications are not working when using any type of "BASE" respawn (so it's not the BIS respawn MODULES per say, but simply the "base" respawn type)

group respawn works fine after you get killed, no issues.

...but have not tested it using instant respawn.

my group is named and so are each of the units within my group. have not tested with using unamed units.

So, when using base respawn the notiification will only work UNTIL you get killed and respawn. So, is this an issue that can be easily fixed in fhqtt or is it something that BIS has to fix??...and do you think maybe some sort of respawn eventhandler might cure this?

Edited by BigShot

...hiya, any news about the above post yet? (#187)

No, sorry, my job is keeping me busy for now (overtime, weekends and all).. I'll get some time again after this week.

Hi Varanon - no prob...been putting things on hold for a few days myself here....when you have the time available for it just post here again after your schedule eases up.

Thanks!

Hey any 1 here experinced any problems whit only being abble to add 3 task on the fly and not more?

ive tried to script it trigger it and now im about to shoot it.....

no matter how i do it it just wont let me add more then 3 task well 3 times atleast. I can add like 4 even 10 tasks at time but only 3 times :(

no matter how i do it it just wont let me add more then 3 task well 3 times atleast. I can add like 4 even 10 tasks at time but only 3 times :(

Can you post some code that reproduces this ?

Can you post some code that reproduces this ?

Err how to? otherwise ive created a little test for it, PLEASE DONT MIND the task names its all gribberish i just copied pasted only changed the relevant info in taskadd. shoot the first civ to the left of the soldier then kill soldier then civ2 till u get the error.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8rl40prquiei0z/Grinder.Altis.pbo

pending on if i use ur original task tracker i get the error in line 648 and if i use that other dude`s who didt something to ur epic good work i get it in Line 661.

1 last thing if i wanna remove ur tasks on the fly, then how to? :S

Edited by baloo666

I seem to be having an issue lately and i'm not sure what is calling it. I don't remember having any issues before.

When calling for example

[["task_2b","task_2a"], "Testing a new task", "Test Task", "", getMarkerPos "task_2b"] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

or even

["task_2b", "Testing a new task", "Test Task", "", getMarkerPos "task_2b"] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

from a trigger, I am getting the error

{
if ((_x call FHQ_TT_getTaskName) |#|== _this) exitwith {_result = true;};
}
Error Generic error in expression
in line 507 of fhqtt.sqf

Not sure why this is happening as I've used exactly the same call in a trigger before and I've never seen this error before

Edit: My bad. forgot the "[west," part of the call...

Not enough coffee atm

Edited by thestuntman

Hey everybody - was just curious if this was fixed to be compatible with BASE respawn yet?

Hey everybody - was just curious if this was fixed to be compatible with BASE respawn yet?

This one, no. But I just finished V2.0 that is, and also has the ability to update the briefing records. I'm currently implementing the Arma 2 support for it, then I'll release it. Probably next week.

Wonderful news!, will the switch over be an easy one for pre-existing missions that are already setup to use the old version?

Anxiously awaiting to try it out!

Wonderful news!, will the switch over be an easy one for pre-existing missions that are already setup to use the old version?!

It's gonna be compatible, the outward appearance is the same.

I did drop the hierarchical filters, though, because I found them not to be that useful in the end. It did not allow for mostly identical briefings with just a few alterations based on, for example, groups or affiliation. So, the common case where several groups have nearly identical briefings but slightly different tasks would not be handled in a satisfactory fashion.

New version available, first post updated.

New features include respawn/JIP into disabled units support.

Armaholic link disabled pending update

First post update with the Armaholic link