west,
       [
           format ["%1%2", _taskType, _taskNum], 
           format ["%1 Target %2", _taskType, _taskNum], 
           format ["%1 %2", _taskType, _taskNum], 
           format ["%1", _taskType], getMarkerPos _markerNum]
   --> ] <---
] call FHQ_TT_addTask;

If you look at how many [ ] brackets you have your missing one.

format ["%1", _taskType], getMarkerPos _markerNum]

You have one open bracket and two close bracket. Looking through the whole thing you have 6 open's and 7 closes. That leave's you one extra. Hence the missing bracket warning.

No you're looking at the wrong post, that's with the extra bracket he added, my first post, above that, my code originally looks like this when properly formatted:

[
      west,
    [
    format ["%1", _taskType],
    getMarkerPos _markerNum
    ]
] call FHQ_TT_addTask;

I have the right amount of brackets. Still got the error.

How exactly does the error look like ? Can you quote the appropriate lines from the RPT file ?

How exactly does the error look like ? Can you quote the appropriate lines from the RPT file ?

I'm at work but it was a "missing bracket" scripterror. Are you sure I'm writing the formats correctly? Should they be enclosed in brackets themselves? Or quotes?

Like this?

[
      west,
    [
    "format ["%1%2", _taskType, _taskNum]",
    "format ["%1 Target %2", _taskType, _taskNum]",
    "format ["%1 %2", _taskType, _taskNum]",
    "format ["%1", _taskType]",
    getMarkerPos _markerNum
    ]
] call FHQ_TT_addTask;

Edited by zuff

I'm at work but it was a "missing bracket" scripterror. Are you sure I'm writing the formats correctly? Should they be enclosed in brackets themselves? Or quotes?

Like this?

[
      west,
    [
    "format ["%1%2", _taskType, _taskNum]",
    "format ["%1 Target %2", _taskType, _taskNum]",
    "format ["%1 %2", _taskType, _taskNum]",
    "format ["%1", _taskType]",
    getMarkerPos _markerNum
    ]
] call FHQ_TT_addTask;

take out the " before format and before the comma at the end of each line, it will try to interpret it as a string when it is actually an array.

take out the " before format and before the comma at the end of each line, it will try to interpret it as a string when it is actually an array.

The commas must stay, it's an array. The function name however is wrong, it's FHQ_TT_addTasks

(note 's' at the end)

[       
   west,      
   [
      getMarkerPos _markerNum      
   ] 
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

*facepalm* I am blind, I can't see quotes...

I looked at the wrong one it was the example of whether [ ] or " "....

go with alwarren, it looks right.

Edited by KevsnoTrev
Ninja'd

The commas must stay, it's an array. The function name however is wrong, it's FHQ_TT_addTasks

(note 's' at the end)

[       
   west,      
   [
      getMarkerPos _markerNum      
   ] 
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Oh my. I really hope that's the problem, I feel really stupid now. :P thanks ill try when I get home.

EDIT: Got it to work with this:

[
       player,
       [
            format ["%1", _taskType], getMarkerPos _markerNum
       ]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

I also think "west" instead of "player" wasn't working for some reason, this is being called across all clients in the server.

Edited by zuff

Im using west with no problems at all:

//Tasks
[
west,                                                     		      
   	[
        "task#",															
        "task info",	  	      
        "task name",											
        "WP text",											
        getmarkerpos "markername"
        ]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Although i had some issue in the beginning heh. But got them all worked out. Guess its all about getting the format 100% correct and then it will work just fine :)

I also think "west" instead of "player" wasn't working for some reason, this is being called across all clients in the server.

That doesn't matter, WEST should work. Just to make sure, your playable characters are west, right? I mean, if they are independent or opfor, then it wouldn't come as a surprise :)

That doesn't matter, WEST should work. Just to make sure, your playable characters are west, right? I mean, if they are independent or opfor, then it wouldn't come as a surprise :)

Yah, test unit is a bluffor rifleman.

Yah, test unit is a bluffor rifleman.

Then "west" should work (without quotes, of course) since that is the side of the unit.

Is it possible to create a new task on the fly? Like with a trigger during the mission? If not, then maybe alter a "old" task during mission? If this doesn´t work either, then maybe there is a way to create the task as hidden first and siwtch it to visible during the mission?

Hope you understand what I want;)

I just love this script btw.

You can create new tasks just the way you created the initial tasks, using FHQ_TT_addTasks. They'll be added to the existing ones.

Is it possible to create a new task on the fly? Like with a trigger during the mission? If not, then maybe alter a "old" task during mission? If this doesn´t work either, then maybe there is a way to create the task as hidden first and siwtch it to visible during the mission?

Hope you understand what I want;)

I just love this script btw.

I was wanting to do the same thing (after I blew something up, I wanted to get a radio message that they have captured a pilot that I will need to find and rescue him and have it added as a task), so after some reading and thinking and mashing info from a few posts together, I found that I could create a trigger with the CONDITION: if (["task I want to trigger a new task"] call FHQ_TT_isTaskCompleted) then {[PlayerGroup, ["task#", "task info", "task name", "WP text", getmarkerpos "markername"]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;};

I imagine if you just wanted to activate it with any trigger you could just use: [PlayerGroup, ["task#", "task info", "task name", "WP text", getmarkerpos "markername"]] call FHQ_TT_addTasks; in the ON ACT box of said trigger.

Ive got a simple, but for me quite difficult, question :)

Can i make child tasks and how does it work? i didnt get much info out of the .pdf tbh

And if i make a child task is it possible to have several tasks assigned at the same time, coz i cant assign several tasks like this.

Heres my current task code:

//Tasks
[
west,
	["task1",
                 "Make sure the Hunter reaches <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar</marker> intact and doesnt get hijacked or destroyed by rebels.
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The objective is to ensure the succesfyl arrival of <marker name='convoy'>the Hunter</marker> at <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar.</marker> 
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The Hunter contains the most valuable military goods, for the Iranian Army and it is the one vehicle we cannot afford to lose.",
	 "Protect The Convoy",
	 "",
                getmarkerpos "F.O.B"
	 ]
	["task2",
                 "Make sure the Technician reaches <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar</marker> intact and doesnt get hijacked or destroyed by rebels.
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The objective is to ensure the succesfyl arrival of <marker name='convoy'>the Techinician</marker> at <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar.</marker> 
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The Technician is there to help the Iranian Army repair the damages from the rebels attacks, but so far he hasnt been able to get to the F.O.B",
	 "Protect The Technician",
	 "",
                getmarkerpos "F.O.B"
	 ]

] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

How would i go about seting task2 as a child task for task1? I honestly cant figure it out hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

How would i go about seting task2 as a child task for task1? I honestly cant figure it out hehe.

Check the example mission, it uses a child task.

Basically, you first create the parent task, then the child tasks, defining them as arrays ["newTask", "parentTask"] instead of a single string:

[
PlayerGroup,
  	["taskDestroy", "Destroy the two Ifrits", "Destroy Ifrits", ""],
       [["taskTarget1", "taskDestroy"], "Destroy the <marker name='markTarget1'>first Ifrit</marker>", "Destroy target #1", "", getMarkerPos "markTarget1", "assigned"],
       [["taskTarget2", "taskDestroy"], "Destroy the <marker name='markTarget2'>second Ifrit</marker>", "Destroy target #2", "", getMarkerPos "markTarget2"],
       ["taskExfil", "Get back into the building", "Get out", "", getMarkerPos "markExfil"],
   west,
   	["taskObserve", "Make sure the soldier knows how to handle an NLAW", "Observe", "", "assigned"],
       ["taskExfilInst", "Get back into the office", "Get out", "", getMarkerPos "markExfil"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

in your example, you'd define task2 as ["task2", "task1"], like

[
west,
	["task1",
                 "Make sure the Hunter reaches <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar</marker> intact and doesnt get hijacked or destroyed by rebels.
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The objective is to ensure the succesfyl arrival of <marker name='convoy'>the Hunter</marker> at <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar.</marker> 
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The Hunter contains the most valuable military goods, for the Iranian Army and it is the one vehicle we cannot afford to lose.",
	 "Protect The Convoy",
	 "",
                getmarkerpos "F.O.B"
	 ]
	[
                 ["task2", "task1"],
                 "Make sure the Technician reaches <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar</marker> intact and doesnt get hijacked or destroyed by rebels.
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The objective is to ensure the succesfyl arrival of <marker name='convoy'>the Techinician</marker> at <marker name='F.O.B'>F.O.B Faravahar.</marker> 
	 <br/>
	 <br/>The Technician is there to help the Iranian Army repair the damages from the rebels attacks, but so far he hasnt been able to get to the F.O.B",
	 "Protect The Technician",
	 "",
                getmarkerpos "F.O.B"
	 ]

] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;

Thank you very very much mate, ive been strugling with this for some time so it pleases me to see the fast response :)

Will try it out ASAP.

Keep up the good work, this script is amazing and truly a "noob" friendly feature heh.

EDIT:

Ok fiddled with it abit but now im getting this in the .RPT:

Error in expression < false;

{
if (((_x select 0) select 0) == _this) exitWith {_result = true;};
} >
 Error position: <== _this) exitWith {_result = true;};
} >
 Error ==: Type Array, expected Number,String,Object,Side,Group,Text,Config entry,Display (dialog),Control,Network Object,Team member,Task,Location
File C:\Users\User\Documents\Arma 3 Alpha\missions\co_10_The_Convoy.Stratis\fhqtt.sqf, line 461

EDIT2:

I downloaded the script again, apperently i was missing 4kb oO, will try again now mate.

EDIT3:

Ok it works now with no script errors lol. It would seem like i had an older version of THQ then i needed, for some reason lol.

Thx again mate.

Edited by Byrgesen

Hi,

Great tool! But i have one big problem.

Init file:

[   west,          
["Rozpoznanie", "Sprawdz sytuacje w obozie Maxwell z pobliskiego wzgórza.", "Rozpoznanie", "", getMarkerPos "Rozpoznanie", "created"],
["Ofensywa", "Zdobądź Obóz Maxwell. Nie zabijcie cywili.", "Ofensywa", "", getMarkerPos "Maxwell", "created"]
] call FHQ_TT_addTasks;  

First trigger:

["Rozpoznanie", "assigned"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

Second trigger:

["Rozpoznanie", "succeded"] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

What i get:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/541830884819280216/647D3344BECFBA4351ED2EA6C1AE6D594E619A88/

Why is this succed confirmation blank? I did something wrong?

It works as scritp because task get status "succed" but visual is what u use on this SS.

I also was trying this at trigger2:

["Rozpoznanie", "succeded", "Ofensywa"] call FHQ_TT_markTaskAndNext;

But it`s still the same.

Edited by Ranker94

["Rozpoznanie", [b]"succeded"[/b]] call FHQ_TT_setTaskState;

(Emphasis added) this should be "succeeded" (two 'e')

Oh my god such a mistake. Thats when english is not your main language :/

Thank you very much.

How does this compare to Taskmaster 2? Can you create tasks for different unit names, groups, factions? Is there anything it has over taskmaster or anything important that taskmaster has over this?

Oh my god such a mistake. Thats when english is not your main language :/

Thank you very much.

Thinks like that happen easily :)

How does this compare to Taskmaster 2? Can you create tasks for different unit names, groups, factions? Is there anything it has over taskmaster or anything important that taskmaster has over this?

Yes, you can create tasks for different units/groups/factions, see the example in the documentation.

We used Taskmaster 2 for a long time, but there were always a few things that annoyed me about it; most notably, sometimes it would not list all tasks for players, only after the task state changed would the task pop up. In general, though, I would say they are equivalent, and there isn't any specific reason to switch except for the fact that this one supports the new task notifications in Arma 3, and also takes care that the tasks and briefing appear in the correct order in the briefing screen depending on the game you are running. It also works with Iron Front and ToH, don't know about Taskmaster 2. FHQ Tasktracker also supports child tasks, and works with JIP.

I'd advice to look at the sample mission.

Thinks like that happen easily :)

Yes, you can create tasks for different units/groups/factions, see the example in the documentation.

We used Taskmaster 2 for a long time, but there were always a few things that annoyed me about it; most notably, sometimes it would not list all tasks for players, only after the task state changed would the task pop up. In general, though, I would say they are equivalent, and there isn't any specific reason to switch except for the fact that this one supports the new task notifications in Arma 3, and also takes care that the tasks and briefing appear in the correct order in the briefing screen depending on the game you are running. It also works with Iron Front and ToH, don't know about Taskmaster 2. FHQ Tasktracker also supports child tasks, and works with JIP.

I'd advice to look at the sample mission.

Taskmaster 2 does use the new Arma 3 task notifications. Anyways thanks for that information, I'll download the example mission and check it out, cheers.

Taskmaster 2 does use the new Arma 3 task notifications.

Wasn't aware of that. The new task notifications need updated code, and I was under the impression Shuko didn't make the jump to Arma 3 (sadly).