tonic-_-

TAW View Distance Script

Hiya Tonic, glad to see you back.

Does the script version work if you set the view distance via params in the lobby?  Does it over ride the params value?

Hiya Tonic, glad to see you back.

Does the script version work if you set the view distance via params in the lobby?  Does it over ride the params value?

Umm not sure if I understand the question entirely but if you are setting a specific view distance through the params option and then init.sqf this will override what you have done.

Hey, I have small problem atm. We started using this mod now and we want to use it together with ACE. The problem is, while the mod is basically working, it always resets it when rejoining a server. It always sets everything to 1000. Also the saves do not work. If I save a configuration its just gone when I rejoin (or restart...not sure at the moment)

Does that have something to do with the n_stateTracker.fsm (Which we don'T have atm)? If yes, how do I use that file? Do I put it in my mission or what? :3

Damn, wrong thread. Gonna post the same in the Addon Version thread!

However, I can't get the ACE Interaction working with the script Version T^T

On 25/03/2013 at 2:03 PM, tonic-_- said:

ACE3 Interaction Menu:
If you want the menu to be accessed through the ACE3 Self Interaction menu instead of an addaction like the addon version use this fn_stateTracker.fsm

Is it automatic? Do I need to edit the file? I downloaded version 1.5, what else should I do?

The script works perfectly but does not appear in the ACE interaction menu.

3 hours ago, TonyStarkBR said:

Is it automatic? Do I need to edit the file? I downloaded version 1.5, what else should I do?

The script works perfectly but does not appear in the ACE interaction menu.

Work!

Hello guys !

If this thread is still active, i got two questions :

- where should i put this "tawvd_disablenone = true;" to disable the "no grass" option (init.sqf ?) ?

- can I set the default VD on the script ? If I can, how do I make this happen ?

Thanks

Have a great day !

Again, not dead.

Update: v1.6

Change log:

Fixed: Save manager was not working (typo that took 4 years to fix PogChamp)

Added: Ground slider now controls both land and sea vehicles.

Added: ACE3 Integration now in scripted version, can be accessed via self interaction menu as View Distance Settings

Download:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qv1GQ2DtobdnDZGtDjGQxkpFjSJItwud

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, tonic-_- said:

Again, not dead.

Haha ! :rofl:

Thank you very much for the update tonic-_- !

This script and mod has served a lot of users all these years !

• Like 1

Love this and use it in all my missions and thanks for the update!

Question, though, is there a way to change the starting VD in the configs?

Every time I start up a mission and go to the VD settings, my VD is always set to 8910.94 for everything including object distance. Is there a way to change this default parameter?

Thanks again for all your hard work!

Uhh it seems the way I set it up before was by taking the initial viewDistance and saving it into the profile namespace (can't remember why) which is why that value is so high but in short just fill these variables:

tawvd_foot = 1600;
tawvd_car = 1600;
tawvd_air = 1600;
tawvd_drone = 1600;
tawvd_object = tawvd_foot;

If you want to reset the variables in the profileNamespace
profileNamespace setVariable ["tawvd_foot",nil];
profileNamespace setVariable ["tawvd_car",nil];
profileNamespace setVariable ["tawvd_air",nil];
profileNamespace setVariable ["tawvd_drone",nil];
profileNamespace setVariable ["tawvd_object",nil];

I will probably change this in the future because I have no idea why I did it like that years ago.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tonic-_- said:

Uhh it seems the way I set it up before was by taking the initial viewDistance and saving it into the profile namespace (can't remember why) which is why that value is so high but in short just fill these variables:

Hello,

I'm trying to modify the default VD settings as well, but i'm rather new to editing/scripting. Could you explain this again with more in depth details please.

Thanks !

• Like 1

Just put 

tawvd_foot = 1600;
tawvd_car = 1600;
tawvd_air = 1600;
tawvd_drone = 1600;

into the init.sqf in your mission folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello Thanks for the Update 😄

I have only one ask about it.

Is it possible to open the menu without ACE self interaction menu like befor?

If yes how can i can it set?

Uh you'd have to use the earlier version of the FSM, that or call TAWVD_fnc_openMenu with an addAction.

On 5/31/2019 at 5:47 PM, tonic-_- said:

Just put 

tawvd_foot = 1600;
tawvd_car = 1600;
tawvd_air = 1600;
tawvd_drone = 1600;

into the init.sqf in your mission folder.

Oh, ok !

Thanks mate

@tonic-_- Your mod is currently broken:

Error in expression <ncObject) then {
setObjectViewDistance [_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
Error position: <_dist,100];                          
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _dist
File \ton\taw\viewDistance_TAW\Functions\fn_updateViewDistance.sqf [TAWVD_fnc_updateViewDistance]..., line 76

I've seen this on every server that runs this and the way its designed to update appears to be often enough to quickly create RPT files that are several gigabytes. (A script like this should be executing this often)

If you come back to the Arma 3 community and have time to fix this and maybe improve the code performance while you are at it. The community will thank you 😉

34 minutes ago, Justin Waters said:

@tonic-_- Your mod is currently broken:

Error in expression <ncObject) then {
setObjectViewDistance [_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
Error position: <_dist,100];                          
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
Error Undefined variable in expression: _dist
File \ton\taw\viewDistance_TAW\Functions\fn_updateViewDistance.sqf [TAWVD_fnc_updateViewDistance]..., line 76

I've seen this on every server that runs this and the way its designed to update appears to be often enough to quickly create RPT files that are several gigabytes. (A script like this should be executing this often)

If you come back to the Arma 3 community and have time to fix this and maybe improve the code performance while you are at it. The community will thank you 😉

Fairly certain the solution is in the post before yours. If _dist is undefined, that means the tawvd_X variables are undefined.

I understand but there should be default values that make google searching and finding a fix unnecessary or people just using it as-is and unknowingly the broken mod is hurting server stability/performance. Especially when someone with no experience is trying to use the mod and is confused what is going on.

The information above only validates the issue needs a solution implemented. I know how to fix this myself, I just prefer to let the mod creator know about it so that the community as a whole has higher quality mods to work with.

First, this isn't an addon. The addon version is here. The solution above is perfectly acceptable for the scripted version. For previous versions of the addon, this error was created when the addon was run on the server (which it should not be, @taw_viewdistance is a client addon). This was fixed in v1.7, so make sure the version running on your server is the newest version.

• Like 1