tonic-_-

TAW View Distance Script

Good bye forums

Edited by Tonic-_-

Nice update, Tonic. Could you add a feature to save view distance settings to profileNamespace?

Also another feature I would like myself is to have different settings for grass and object view distance for different type of vehicles. For example I want to disable grass when I'm in air vehicle and enable it when on foot or in car.

Thanks for update.

Nice update, Tonic. Could you add a feature to save view distance settings to profileNamespace?

Also another feature I would like myself is to have different settings for grass and object view distance for different type of vehicles. For example I want to disable grass when I'm in air vehicle and enable it when on foot or in car.

Thanks for update.

Probably won't end up doing it because lack of interest in arma. When you sync the Object view with the view distance it will dynamically change to the same distance as what you are in i.e in a land vehicle it will be 3000 and a aircraft it will be 5000. The only quirk I noticed with it is the setting in video options Visibility needs to be fairly high for large distances. Seems to be a minor bug with the scripting command.

That's too bad.

I hope someone would make similar script in the future.

I would do it myself but I'm too scared of dialogs. :D

Thanks for sending us the newest release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice update, will be using this on my mission for sure. Thanks for the release Tonic!

The addon version probably will not be updated due to lack of interest.

Are you joking??

Every players of my community are using it (about 20 to 30 players). It is very very very very usefull. The objects distance was the only thing missing.

You did a great job and I beg you : please update the addon.

Edit : Ah, you probably mean your lack of interest about Arma. Too bad, but that's understandable.

Edited by Sparfell_19

Will the addon version of TAW view distance be updated?

You should read the post right above yours:

Noooooooooooooooo. I use the addon exclusively in my setup. Damn Damn Damn !

What should I put in my script on key pressed to call this script? I'm using "[[_this select 0]"taw_name",true, true] spawn bis_fnc_mp"

Perhaps it's incorrect code(but I cant copy paste it, I'm from mobile, at least you how I'm calling it).

When a player presses on key, it's creating dialog for all players. How to call it on key pressed only for the person who pressed it?

Please please please consider an addon version mate. I think there is quite an appetite for it.

Hey Tonic,

Thank You for the update. Nothing but lots of positive feedback on it in latest unreleased build of BMR Insurgency

Heads up on this error I caught when entering "B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F" as commander and same error again entering the back of same boat, though all seams to work ok?

0:36:46 Error in expression <ncObject) then {
setObjectViewDistance [_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
0:36:46   Error position: <_dist,100];
tawvd_object = _dist;
};>
0:36:46   Error Undefined variable in expression: _dist
0:36:46 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.fallujah\taw_vd\fn_updateViewDistance.sqf, line 26

Found simple fix by adding extra case to switch in fn_updateViewDistance.sqf

case ((vehicle player) isKindOf "Ship"): {
	setViewDistance tawvd_car;
	_dist = tawvd_car;
};

Edited by Jigsor

Thx Tonic, we use both (addon [coop and ffa] and script [PvP, grass settings]) and would like to set max. values in the script, so the addonversion can only use the max values set by the mission builder. Is this possible?

e.g.

landunits only can see max. 3000m, for most players this is ok. others could use 5000 but this wouldnt be fair in pvp missions.

Yes, that would be a neat feature for PvP-missions to be able to define the maximum view distance a player can choose! May somebody already figured out how to do so?

There we go! :)

Satisfaction Button (I hope it's ok to link there?)

Thanks a lot Tonic!

Edit: Only for Addon-Version so far I guess. Fortunately I'm using it anyway :)

Edited by killshot

Error Message; No entry 'mpission\__cur_mp.Altis\description.ext/TAW_VD/controls/VD_terr_none.colorDisabled

To fix error you must edit dialog.hpp
color Disabled is missing line 258.

colorDisabled[] = {
                        1, 1, 1, 0.500000
        };

should look like this

class TAWVD_activeText
{
        idc = -1;
        type = 11;
        style = 0;
        x = 0;
        y = 0;
        h = 0.037;
        w = 0.3;
        sizeEx = 0.040;
        font = "PuristaLight";
        color[] = {
                        1, 1, 1, 1
        };
        colorActive[] = {
                        1, 0.2, 0.2, 1
        };
        colorDisabled[] = {
                        1, 1, 1, 0.500000
        };
        soundEnter[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\onover", 0.09, 1};
        soundPush[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\new1", 0.0, 0};
        soundClick[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick", 0.07, 1};
        soundEscape[] = {"\A3\ui_f\data\sound\onescape", 0.09, 1};
        action = "";
        text = "";
};

Update: v1.5

Video

Change log:

Changed: Code brought up to current coding techniques & small fixes

Added: Drone slider for changing the view & object settings while operating a UGV/UAV.

Added: Edit Boxes (Something the addon version has had for awhile).

Added: Save Manager for loading and saving various settings variations.

Download:

View Distance Script v1.5

//unrelated

I acted like a spoiled brat 10 months ago and removed all the content off my posts and for that I am sorry but with some time to relax and get away from ARMA I've had some time to rethink some things and I am ready to go back to delivering solid content.

• Like 3

I was and i still be a big fan of your addon. As usefull as TFR/Acre, needed as much as islands, big content and gameplay mods and all the other things that make arma enjoyable.

What do you think about Ace3? We use it. They also implemented VD stuff but far away from what your tool (can) do. Somehow it would be great to see your stuff there, like in the ace3 options menu, game modul or directly in the ingame self interaction menu. Atm in ace3 you cant really manage the view distance, cant really intuitive use sliders (some older players with us cant even find it), crowded but still misses tons of options.

Its open source :wub:

I was and i still be a big fan of your addon. As usefull as TFR/Acre, needed as much as islands, big content and gameplay mods and all the other things that make arma enjoyable.

What do you think about Ace3? We use it. They also implemented VD stuff but far away from what your tool (can) do. Somehow it would be great to see your stuff there, like in the ace3 options menu, game modul or directly in the ingame self interaction menu. Atm in ace3 you cant really manage the view distance, cant really intuitive use sliders (some older players with us cant even find it), crowded but still misses tons of options.

Its open source :wub:

I'm currently in the process of updating the addon version to be up-to-date as this one, I can look into it.

I'm currently in the process of updating the addon version to be up-to-date as this one, I can look into it.

Awesome ! Thanks and welcome back. ;)