Sign in to follow this  
l etranger

Server crash on 0.52?

Hi,

My server is crashing a lot on 0.52 (every ~5 minutes after player joined), running Blitzkrieg 32 AgiaMarina. Do other admins report the same issue?

use the "non-stable" missions and it should be fine.

Looks like it has to do with throwing 2 grenades in quick succession.

This has been a problem for my server since I first updated it to the DEV build around the 15th of march. I figured it would be fixed by now but it still happens 100% of the time. Even in the stable version.

Feedback tracker;

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=4372

Yep. That's one reason I reverted originally. For the time being just going to have to warn players and/or take grenades out of missions unless this is fixed quickly.

This really needs to be fixed ASAP, our server crashes every 5 min due to somebody throwing a grenade.

Confirming this. Throwing 2 grenades in quick succession crashed my server multiple times.

Edited by farooqaaa

Having the same issues. I have tried everything... still constantly crashing.

***EDIT*** Seems to be an issue when people throw grenades. I tried all the memory allocators that came with the alpha to see if it would fix it, all had the same result when running a custom -malloc= on the dedicated box.

Hopefully a hotfix is released in the next few days, my community and those playing on the server won't let me hear the end of it.

OMG, everyone can kill a server with this bug. Bohemia must fix this troll-tool immediately!

Wait, is it possible that this hilarious bug is known more than 10 days at the dev build?

Edited by [LB] boggler

Apparently the Dev build did not have this issue to begin with as the temp 'fix' was to use Dev??

Also this happens on throwable items, not just grenades. The grenadestop.sqf script does nothing to help it seems to be the act of throwing itself that causes the problem.

Hotfix released

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151644-Alpha-SPOTREPs

Edited by SavageCDN

After the hot fix, my server has not crashed. Not even once. Thank you for the hot fix!