New Update?

My Steam just updated A3..

But theirs no changelog.. Nothing..

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 ----------

306MB Update...

Questions for BI

Where's the server binary?

Do you know when you will implement it?

On-going effort, and I don't want to announce a specific date until we have it fully ready. For sure not a forgotten task; we know how important this is for the MP community. It's also not as straight-forward as some may lead you to believe :)

On-going effort, and I don't want to announce a specific date until we have it fully ready. For sure not a forgotten task; we know how important this is for the MP community. It's also not as straight-forward as some may lead you to believe :)

I know this mate, Thanks for the fast response

Been working with ArmA Since.. Well.. Since ArmA Was born.. :p

---------- Post added at 13:20 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Another quick one for BI

Will BE Be implemented within the server binary update or before then?

My server fills up and hackers come and basically empty the server :/

Anti-cheat is another one of those indeed. We are not holding it back because we want to let people ruin your fun in MP, and will try to get solutions in place as soon as we can. If I have solid Intel on either front, I'll post it in the forums or a SITREP :)

Anti-cheat is another one of those indeed. We are not holding it back because we want to let people ruin your fun in MP, and will try to get solutions in place as soon as we can. If I have solid Intel on either front, I'll post it in the forums or a SITREP :)

Thanks again for the speedy response.. I tried a workaround and that just did not work at all

Is performance improvement a forgotten task? I mean, are there plans to try to tweak the engine code to put more work on the GPU or at least to allow the player to choose whether they want the CPU or GPU to take the bulk of the workload?

Also, just curious about alpha/beta in general, is it generally accepted and is it BIS's plan to tweak performance during Beta?

Is performance improvement a forgotten task? I mean, are there plans to try to tweak the engine code to put more work on the GPU or at least to allow the player to choose whether they want the CPU or GPU to take the bulk of the workload?

Also, just curious about alpha/beta in general, is it generally accepted and is it BIS's plan to tweak performance during Beta?

Well, it's not like you can move random code between CPU and GPU. I don't believe ARMA has code running on CPU that can be (easily or at all) moved to GPU.

now I cant stay connected for more than 5 mins lol. Was fine before the patch. Oh well back to Arma2 I go for a while hehe.

Some of the issues experienced may well be due to this update, but also take into account it takes some time for others to update their game, servers and user-generated content :)

Some of the issues experienced may well be due to this update, but also take into account it takes some time for others to update their game, servers and user-generated content :)

Server update was quite quick seeing as the patch was under 400MB :)

Since the update all of our missions are now broken. I couldn't find the code changes anywhere.

Is it only the galken/ ifrit that was changed?

Since the new update my game sometimes crashes while playing (before it crashed while connecting only), after playing 10/15 minutes on any server i get red chain and disconnect. Also when connecting to a server, on the lobby, on some servers the yellow player names dissappear and when I click a player slot it doesn't insert my name so I can't click "ok" to start the game. Or the hame just hangs on the lobby and doesn't allow me to click anything, if i hit ESC it goes back to server list after a few seconds. This didn't happen on the previous version.

Theirs a few errors with server configuration also..

Seems that a 64 Slot dedicated server on a box with an 8-Core CPU (Hyper-Threading) Running at 3.30Ghz (Xeon E3-1230 V2) And 16GB RAM Lasts for.. 10 - 15 Minutes

Compare that to a 32 Slot with the same above specs and it will run for a few hours..

I just received the new update from steam tried to play game and game crash this is the error (no enty 'config.cpp/CFGVideoOptions/ShadowQulity/disabled.shaderQuality'. ) then i click ok then i received this error (Error compiling shader PSEmpty) please can some one help me so i can play my arma3 again

I just received the new update from steam tried to play game and game crash this is the error (no enty 'config.cpp/CFGVideoOptions/ShadowQulity/disabled.shaderQuality'. ) then i click ok then i received this error (Error compiling shader PSEmpty) please can some one help me so i can play my arma3 again

Problem is your outdated Noblur mod - update it or simple delete it