Sign in to follow this  
Taxen0

missing A3_SOFT_G_GALKIN

ok, so I am making a mission and today when I was gonna fiddle around with it i got an error when trying to load it saying something along the lines

You cant play/edit this mission because its dependent on deleted content A3_SOFT_G_GALKIN.

I have not modded anything in A3 ever, so what could this be?

my other missions are loading fine.

ok, so I am making a mission and today when I was gonna fiddle around with it i got an error when trying to load it saying something along the lines

You cant play/edit this mission because its dependent on deleted content A3_SOFT_G_GALKIN.

I have not modded anything in A3 ever, so what could this be?

my other missions are loading fine.

Did you update your alpha? It's possible something got changed.

Today's patch changed the classname of the Ifrit. Whenever something says "Galkin" anywhere in a mission file, just replace it with "Ifrit"

Do I just replace the word "Galkin" with Ifrit, so it would become A3_Soft_F_Ifrit, or replace "A3_Soft_F_Galkin" with "Ifrit" ?

Search: Galkin

Replace with: Ifrit

sorry I'm pretty new to all this stuff, can someone explain where I find the files to replace Galkin with Ifrit? I looked at my .pbo files and tried to open them in notepad but that didn't work. Can someone be so kind as to explain the whole process? I can't play many of the missions I've downloaded from armaholic. Sorry to be the noob here

You need a PBO utility to unpack the mission files. Then you can do the search and replace. Then you can pack the files back up. Keep in mind that if these PBO's are multiplayer, everyone needs the strings replaced, so it is likely that updates to missions will be coming out rapidly.

PBO View

if you have the mission you created in your missions folder you can open up mission.sqm and do a replace to fix this. replace galkin with ifrit. done.