Sign in to follow this  
Solarghost

New STEAM patch update 25th March 2013

What shouting? Shouting is all caps. I'm letting BIS do their jobs by providing real feedback (like detailing specific problems with specific features). That is not whining. What I don't like is people decrying anyone who has a performance problem with this game. Those people are trying to keep BIS from doing their jobs. I'm being an Alpha tester. That means providing feedback, even if it's not positive feedback. The issue has been documented in the tracker. But it doesn't hurt to talk about the issue here and to at least try to see if some solution can be worked out client-side. As said, I just want BIS to acknowledge the issue that it is an issue.

You do realize that not all changes to the engine and the game/engines performance on every single Computer Configuration is included in the official change logs, don't you? (it would take pages and pages to read through they were).

Trust me, they are working on performance issues that you are experiencing, the MAIN reason for the alpha version was so they could test the game on as many conceivable Computer configurations as possible to improve such performance issues on certain system configurations.

Have you done your part to try solve the issues, have you updated your drivers, tried with older driver versions, tried running in admin mode as well as other modes, are you experiencing the same issues in the Developer version of the Alpha?

I agree, there is nothing wrong with discussing the issue, but thinking that BIS are not doing anything about it (evident in your demand for them to acknowledge the problem your having) and posting as such on the forum, isn't a discussion its a complaint with a demand that BIS do something.

What's your game version?

Also

I'm using Tonic's crate filler, but nothing new shows up. Nor can I find any new .paa's. Halp?

its the one i posted im using dev version and shows 0.53 ish...

last part i dont understand what u mean

its the one i posted im using dev version and shows 0.53 ish...

last part i dont understand what u mean

The last part was not linked to what you posted :p

i just keep getting no message received messages after about 10mins on any server.

So how did any of the beta testers no flag this before it went to 'stable'? why have separate builds at all?

i just keep getting no message received messages after about 10mins on any server.

So how did any of the beta testers no flag this before it went to 'stable'? why have separate builds at all?

Dev version didn't have this problem and most of us tested singleplayer. And we have separate builds in my opinion to have less people complaining their Alpha game "broke" because of the latest update. It's supposed to break, it;s how we know what to report back and get fixed =)

Noticed this in the change log:

Added more camoflage selections for vests and helmets

Haven't found anything new in the crates (naturally). Anybody found the new class names?

Any news about this? Can anybody confirm it is mission related? I run Escape from Stratis without any problems with a friend. This was however a Lan-Server.

My friend and I were having this issue on his dedi server. It was never consistent when it would crash, but it always would. I believe he narrowed it down to a NAT issue and opened a ticket on the feedback tracker.

Strong filter is forced on for SP mission intros unless played from editor:

sorry, but im not sure, is that patch for the DevBuilds now or for "normal" version of the game, because i think i didnt receive an update

I've played with my friend "Escape from stratis" and it worked fine and stable... maybe the missions on servers need to be updated to new patch?

It takes longer now to get into the game. After I start its a black screen for about 3 minutes, and it works fine afterward until I try multiplayer, then it shows the map loading screen, and it freezes. I try to task manager but there is an invisible screen preventing me to do anything on the desktop. The only thing I can do to stop it is shut down. But what did work, ran smoother than before.

Edited by Megadave

I got a strange bug once I start a mission at night time (I'm not using the dev build):

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Loopylelama/photoforum/th_107410_2013-03-25_00003_zps6513bd32.png

To get it normal again, I have to put my nvg on.

An other person had the same issue.

Similar for me if I ALT-TAB to desktop and then back, I'm using GTX 260 [301.42 WHQL].

/KC

I got a strange bug once I start a mission at night time (I'm not using the dev build):

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/Loopylelama/photoforum/th_107410_2013-03-25_00003_zps6513bd32.png

I just got this in a night mission I was working on

http://i.imgur.com/8ezPGKT.png

it seems to happen every once and awhile when I 'preview' the mission. I don't have nvg's in the mission, and to make it go away I have to go back to the editor and change the time to daylight hours, preview, then switch it back to night

I am using the dev build btw

edit: I think it happens after I alt-tab

Edited by daze23

(52.103279) Anyone else notice that the weapons fire the bullet AFTER the recoil?!?!

Go into scope mode and aim at a point about 100m. (seems OK at longer ranges. I guess its not as noticeable due to bullet drop)

When you fire the bullet hits above the aim point to where the recoil lifted the weapon.

Edited by EDcase

Err, what was your weapons sight set to? See, if it was zeroed to something else besides 100 meters, it's supposed to be impacting "high" with targets below the zero distance.

Also, but been running this version since this weekend...

Dev version just auto updates anyhow, lost count...

(52.103279) Anyone else notice that the weapons fire the bullet AFTER the recoil?!?!

Go into scope mode and aim at a point about 100m. (seems OK at longer ranges. I guess its not as noticeable due to bullet drop)

When you fire the bullet hits above the aim point to where the recoil lifted the weapon.

Bullets first go up and then they come down. If they would go down from the beginning, then it would mean the gun is zeroed in for something crazy like 5 meters.

It seems that something has changed with helicopter weapons. AI pilots no longer use rockets first on the APCs. Can anyone reproduce this?

Performance in the Helicopter Showcase seems marginally improved...still pretty laggy, though.

I have average 45 FPS playing the Helicopter Showcase. It's improved but the FPS can sometimes drop to 30-35 and that's when I experience lag.

I noticed that the new shadows eat a lot of the frame rate in Agia Marina. This town used to lag a lot. Adjusting the shadows to "high" in combination with object details down to "high" lets fps jump from around 30 to capped 60 (vsync on) on my old i7 920. The shadow quality is not that much degraded thou.

On another note: did anyone notice that the object ID switch in the editor stopped working?

I got that problem as well, I think.

http://screencloud.net/img/screenshots/088963e21ca806c5eb90f1a4a1f86c69.png (1200 kB)