Sign in to follow this  
Solarghost

New STEAM patch update 25th March 2013

Does any one know what it included or fixed ?

Cheers

Edit:

Here is the change log:

http://alpha.arma3.com/spotrep-0001

Edited by Solarghost
Added changelog

I've just updated, there are many pbo changed...

Server console is changed from 0.50 to 0.52

Edited by ramius86

My current version is 0.52.103279, and I am able to join only a handful of servers, the others are showing wrorg version. Anybody else has this issue?

My current version is 0.52.103279, and I am able to join only a handful of servers, the others are showing wrorg version. Anybody else has this issue?

Normal if they are not up to date.

The ifrit classname has changed.

Edited by Papanowel

I think the Blackhawk T6 either a tease or a woopsy, it appears to be gone from the air_f.pbo.

Shadows are looking better and better on standard+ and show less jittery edges when you move the Shadow slider up and down.

Edited by NodUnit

anyone know what the "A3_Soft_F_Galkin" error is and how to fix it?

**Edit - nevermind, found it

Edited by BigShot

been playing it same moment it got released. Servers i hop on crash alot even with this build =(

Allmost as bad as before. LPB servers, servers with less than 20 people on and so on even.

For info:

Backpack Classname: B_Carryall_oucamo_Exp has been changed/removed.

Also playerid's no longer work i.e back to those 17 digit ones:

2013/03/25, 13:33:14 ["REMOTE: PLAYER_READY: ",["76561197969384878",B Alpha 1-1:1 ([KH]Jman) REMOTE,"[KH]Jman",WEST],"ARRAY"]

There is a script error in A3\modules_f\sites\procedures\selectUnitCiv.sqf: http://pastebin.com/1NDSLRiV

Edited by [KH]Jman

why they chnage class name? whole user mission crash to desktop

so disspoint about amature BI team

no more fixing performence?

Give them a chance it's only the first few patches in a ALPHA stage. People expect too much from a Alpha and these updates.

Stop updating everything else now, and focus on performance.

Stop updating everything else now, and focus on performance.

And I don't think there is anything majorly wrong with performance from a ALPHA! point of view.

I have a shit awful computer and can manage to play it.

Performance fixes will come in beta i suppose, it's one of the characteristics of beta :P.

Btw. My alpha was always working rather well.

this is a alpha and they said that they may need to change classes, bones etc. so don't cry...

Im sad that these people come to this forum and just straight up whine and cuss towards BIS. This is the price of being popular. All angry kinds flow to the forums and started whining day in, day out.

And I don't think there is anything majorly wrong with performance from a ALPHA! point of view.

I have a shit awful computer and can manage to play it.

Yes, we know. Shit awful computers and low-end PCs can run the game fine. Top-of-the-line PCs can run the game just fine. Your medium-grade i7 PCs can't though. And that's the problem. There is something majorly wrong with performance from an ARMA! point of view. The game relies too heavily on the CPU. I'm fine if AI, pathfinding, etc are handled by the CPU. They don't cause that much of a problem for me. But I'd rather graphics be handled by the GPU. Biggest thing that kills my performance are the trees. And no matter what max FPS I'm getting, regardless of how overclocked my system is, once I get up close to the trees, whether on high or low, FPS drops to anywhere between 10 and 20 FPS. Seems like it's being handled by CPU, but I could be wrong.

Either way, as much as I like to see BIS throw a lot of stuff in the changelog, I'd rather see performance improvements. Byku, maybe you could explain this to me, but why must performance be fixed in beta? Why should that be the last thing that's fixed? All the new features and objects and vehicles and UI changes don't mean anything if someone can't play the game.

I'm on patch 0.53 dev build and it kinda seems that the AI is somewhat improved. Truth be told, it feels as if I'm playing with ASR AI... And there's also this tell-tale ASR AI rearming feature where the AI kinda like to rearm themselves at crates...

Any comments? Or am I just seeing things? (Placebo playing his mind tricks)

Oh btw, I also felt the fps improves somewhat...

Some general points about what it means to be an Alpha for us and you (though I think most of you realize this anyway - and it was in the F.A.Q. :)):

• There will be class changes in both branches. They will break your content temporarily. We try to avoid them, but until final release we are not willing to sacrifice this flexibility to have a solid configuration in place.
  • Optimization is not a single task with a magical solution. This is and forever will be on-going work. The same is true for stability.
  • The developers who fix showcases, fish, turtles or other things that seem unimportant to you, do not usually work on performance optimization or multiplayer stability.
  • Some Alpha updates will be a step forward in one area, and a step back in another. Eventually this should however result in significant and cool improvements for Arma 3!

there was supposed to be an update to the 'stable build' today. so far the pattern has been that the change-log comes after Steam pushes out these updates, so hopefully there will be one soon

edit: ^^^DNA posted

why they chnage class name? whole user mission crash to desktop

so disspoint about amature BI team

really? its ONE line of code for you to change, they stated also that things like classnames etc. WILL CHANGE and they wont be trying to flex around the alpha... aka they do it how they want it (which is great :))

ungrateful person is ungrateful.