Sign in to follow this  
Brent

New insurgency/MSO style mission(w/ insur. slots). What would you like to see in it?

Hey all,

I posted a similar thread in the multiplayer forum, but I feel like this is the better area for such a post.

I'm looking for some input and any ideas you might have for a mission that mostly resembles the coop play of MSO, insurgency, domination, air cav, etc, and has a few enemy(insurgent) slots to keep things a bit more interesting. Obviously the idea isn't ground breaking, but I'd like to create a mission with multiple objectives types. Here are some highlights...

Current ideas/features:

• Towns have some civilian population left. Not all of them are friendly or welcoming of the USA(suicide bombers). Will attempt to create a system which rewards US soldiers for minimizing civilian casualties.
  • Playable Insurgent/Opfor slots(small number)
  • Insurgent/Opfor only teleport system(located only in Opfor spawn) to predetermined hot spots. For those times when you don't have time to waste setting up IEDs/ambushes on Blufor players.
  • Capture and upgrade to better base locations, gaining new transportation modes. IE secure X location, X location then converts to your new spawn location as well as providing new vehicles/armor/boats/etc. This may only be a one time event. (Blufor)
  • Classic clear the city objectives.
  • Crash site protection objective.
  • Steal and retrieve a specific enemy vehicle(nod to operation caged bear) objective
  • Objectives that if controlled may give advantages(spawning in additional squads, artillery guns, ..)
  • Safe zones/Anti TK spawns

Would love to hear any additional thoughts or ideas. Thanks!

why not swap side roles and have western insurgents defending against eastern forces?