Sign in to follow this  
lordprimate

SweetFX in Arma 3

some of the more subtle effects are nice, but FXAA(for the sharp) and lowering my Gama to .9, is just about the same...

Source ? :P

I always run Fraps and I can see the difference . Quite easy to check it out I suppose.

Hi

I can confirm, what sc_neo just reported -> http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20343#c81008

...Big Thanks to you sc_neo...

that SweetFX causes the "ArmA 3 Launcher" to be invisible. -> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180355-Official-launcher-isn-t-working/page5&highlight=Launcher

Now, does anyone have a clue why that happens or knows how to possibly fix this issue?

I always run Fraps and I can see the difference . Quite easy to check it out I suppose.

For me Fraps always disables SweetFX, like both couldn't coexist. How to use Fraps and keep SweetFX running?

For me Fraps always disables SweetFX, like both couldn't coexist. How to use Fraps and keep SweetFX running?

I find myself wondering the same thing...

Some screens i made using SweetFX *shameless self plug*

Can you share your SweetFX settings? They are fucking gorgeous.

Edited by MadDogX
quote fixed

MSI Afterburner will allow you to see your FPS. This is what I do when I want to see my FPS ingame.

I can't seem to get it to work under Win8.1. I'm using RadeonPro and I see the SweetFX On/Off in the top right corner when I toggle it with Ctrl+S but I don't see any visible effect and I'm testing with a profile with splitscreen enabled. Steam overlay is disabled as is MSI Afterburner's OSD.

I can't seem to get it to work under Win8.1. I'm using RadeonPro and I see the SweetFX On/Off in the top right corner when I toggle it with Ctrl+S but I don't see any visible effect and I'm testing with a profile with splitscreen enabled. Steam overlay is disabled as is MSI Afterburner's OSD.

Try sweetfx 1.4 instead of 1.5. I read that it works better with radeon pro, perhaps it's worth a try :-). On the side note a new sweetfx version went into closed beta testing, so hopefully it ll get releases in near future (it has full windows 8.1 support )

Hey Rydygier, have you tried launching Arma 3 without fraps running and then turning it once your ingame? I hear that works.

Tried. For me, as soon Fraps is launched, SweetFX effects, present before, are gone permanently (can't be re-enabled via F12).

Try sweetfx 1.4 instead of 1.5. I read that it works better with radeon pro, perhaps it's worth a try :-). On the side note a new sweetfx version went into closed beta testing, so hopefully it ll get releases in near future (it has full windows 8.1 support )

Thanks. I got it working using SFX 1.5.1 from here with Radeon Pro http://www.overclock.net/t/1485750/how-to-use-sweetfx-in-windows-8-1

What do i need to do with these sweetfx shaders files "all in my directory?"

Edited by Baker1976

For those who have problems running Fraps & SweetFX: the problem is the version number of fraps, try an older version of fraps and the issue should be solved

getting cannot find entry point d3d9 error on launch.... i heard it something with newest geforce experience breaking enbs/sweetfx ? becuase i also get this on skyrim every time I use any ENB now, and i used enb/sweetfx before on skyrim and it worked, but the first sweetfx I used on arma was a few months ago or so, and its had this problem since the beginning. (but i hadnt tried one on skyrim since using the arma one so...)

Cant agree that. I have the actual nv driver (without this unecessary crap GFExperience) and my SweetFx setup is working fine in Arma3

I just can't get this to work again with my Arma 3, it worked fine before.

Could someone post the files they downloaded and how they got them to work since I am done with trying to get this to work, tried for the last

hour.

Could someone post the files they downloaded and how they got them to work since I am done with trying to get this to work, tried for the last

hour.

Its my personal but not finished Setup for Arma3, simply press the Scroll Lock when u are on the Main Menu of Arma 3, you should see the difference. Report back if that worked for you

Put these files into your "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

http://www.filedropper.com/swfx

This are the Keys you need:

;toggle shader keycode

key_toggle = 145 ; 145 = the SCROLL_LOCK key

;make screenshot keycode

key_screenshot = 44 ; 44 = PRINTSCREEN

;reload shader files keycode

key_reload = 19 ; 19 = the PAUSE key

hour.

Try to disable every other overlay you've if those cause some conflict.

Its my personal but not finished Setup for Arma3, simply press the Scroll Lock when u are on the Main Menu of Arma 3, you should see the difference. Report back if that worked for you

Put these files into your "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3

http://www.filedropper.com/swfx

That works, thank you :)

That works, thank you :)

Link is dead!

Can someone plz reup. I´m having the same Arma 3 launch issue with sweetfx and Wi 8.1

and can´t find this working modded files in the whole wide web, to run Arma without appcrash.

Thank you!

Link is dead!

Can someone plz reup. I´m having the same Arma 3 launch issue with sweetfx and Wi 8.1

and can´t find this working modded files in the whole wide web, to run Arma without appcrash.

Thank you!

Hello and welcome to the forums......maybe you could try this out...... http://sh8.videopilot.link/arma3/real-light-v6/