Sign in to follow this  
heripai

WIP OH-58kiowa Pack

this is truly amazing man

great mod development and really nice updates you provided.

Domo Arigato Gozaimasu!

p.s. if you need any help with the cfgvehicles or cfgweapons configs / optics config for the top cameras etc I may be able to help if you get stuck.

I imagine you can have a laser designator on that top camera and have the co-pilot press optics key to see through the camera and then lase a target from behind a rock.

we use this tech all the time in our apache fleet.

anyway good luck with your release - it's awesome!

Happy to see you are still working on this and animations look great! Sounds nice too!

nice work man.

the rotor blur uses proxies which can be seen in tools/air/ah1z as example.

I have recently made a kiowa optics/weapons config for another project, let me know if you would like any part of that.

EB

Oh boy this is wonderful! I've seen some videos of the Kiowa, the copilot fires with his M4 from his seat.. I wonder if, in ArmA3, with the implementations of the future helicopter's dlc, this feature is possible.. The copilot, especially in multiplayer, could have a meaningful role, moreover he could designate targets for the AH-64.. Really a project full of potential!

Oh boy this is wonderful! I've seen some videos of the Kiowa, the copilot fires with his M4 from his seat.. I wonder if, in ArmA3, with the implementations of the future helicopter's dlc, this feature is possible.. The copilot, especially in multiplayer, could have a meaningful role, moreover he could designate targets for the AH-64.. Really a project full of potential!
In Arma 3, yep... it's supposed to be coming to dev branch this week! So far it would just "Little Bird benches" and the rear flatbed of the unarmed offroad, but the "system" would be there so adding it to an existing user-made helo would be config changes (for which seats are allowed) and unspecified "animation work".

In Arma 2, on the other hand...

yeah we plan to put it into rangemaster and unsung mods in a2, but it uses a derivation of norrins approach (using comms commands overrides as movement actions)

it will be on the littlebirds soon.

we have been making a gau19 for our littlebird fleet. it might look nice on your lovely kiowa heripai.

GAU-19_WIP_3_zps9c7514fc.jpg

unfortunately the author does not wish to send out his unbinarised model, but we could add it to your helicopter when you have finished it, as a separate version perhaps?

unfortunately the author does not wish to send out his unbinarised model, but we could add it to your helicopter when you have finished it, as a separate version perhaps?

Thanks, sir

I understood it

I use time a little, but make GAU-19.

Hi! I saw your testing of the Kiowa on the ArmA 3 engine and I would like to make a few points in favour of the developing of this wonderful helicopter:

- One of the latest feeds from dev branch in ArmA 3 assured ffv capability for the copilots! ( january 30th http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog/page46 )

- The OH-58D is still used in us army (as far as i know and not for long i guess)

- In ArmA 3 sadly there are no projects regarding this helicopter neither released or wip at this stage of progress, and the level of detail you showed us could be compared only with the best addons so far!

looking forward to hear some news!