Sign in to follow this  
heripai

WIP OH-58kiowa Pack

Looking good, something i would like to suggest for the cockpit is random items and depending on which era/theater you want to base it, things like sand/dust in the corners of parts if you're going for a Desert/modern era seeing the OH58 doesn't seem to have doors on very often, or mud in the cockpit floor if you're thinking more of a woodland/cold war era, perhaps a rifle or smoke grenade in the cockpit or some maps aviation maps/books down the sides of sets, etc, just to add some character to it, like ground vehicles, helicopters never seem to be imaculate with pilots having gear that isn't on their vest or legboard around the place; there's a video around of a Oh-58 over afghan which looked to have a Rifle and magazines on the dashboard with a smoke grenade on the center pillar if you're looking for some inspiration :P

This appears to be what you speak of.

It may be beyond the scope of what you plan on adding but perhaps you should inquire with Dslyecxi about his littlebird enhancement addon and whether you can enable the co-pilot to shoot out of the door with a rifle, that prospect is ...arousing.

Take as much time as you need. I know too well what its like to be burnt out when working on something for too long.

UH-72..... I think about it.

Yeaa...i requested that UH-72a on forum thread..i woud realy like to fly one of these :D LOL but i love fast and agile helicopters like OH-58 Kiowa :D realy like that little fast helo :D

Yeaa...i requested that UH-72a on forum thread..i woud realy like to fly one of these :D LOL but i love fast and agile helicopters like OH-58 Kiowa :D realy like that little fast helo :D

I will move on to work after a UH-72 OH-58 has finished

And I found this kind of photos and videos

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s553/Heripai/155076_10151532701965853_1237852572_n_zpsf656fa38.jpg (119 kB)

Edited by Heripai

Looking good, I see you already have your smoothing groups lay out before importing...try selecting the whole mesh, then double tapping W in O2 (that will reverse the faces twice and it should return the shading normals to their correct angles)

Looking good, I see you already have your smoothing groups lay out before importing...try selecting the whole mesh, then double tapping W in O2 (that will reverse the faces twice and it should return the shading normals to their correct angles)

Thank you for advice on Oxygen2.

Then Do you have pictures or information of GAU-17 (M134) someone?

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s553/Heripai/OH-58/oh-58-kiowa-m134-minigun-testing-wallpaper_zps721c5c8f.jpg (116 kB)

Edited by Heripai

Nice work man ! :bounce3:

Looking pretty nice so far! Will look forward to seeing how you take on the textures and add the weaponry. Should make for a helicopter perfectly suited in-game to it's role in real life.

Surely something amazing, wish to use it in my KDF mod one day ;p

Heripai, is this project still alive? I would love to hear some updates or just confirm its still alive.

Heripai, is this project still alive? I would love to hear some updates or just confirm its still alive.

I'm sorry over worry

Yes, I am alive

University was so busy, I could not update

OH-58F

OH58F3_zps778d7bc2.jpg

OH-58F&New M3P

OH58F2_zpsf1bc566d.jpg

OH58F_zps5a083b59.jpg

Edited by Heripai
Because the photo was gone

Looks like this would make a prefect PMC chopper!

Im lookinf forward to it. :D

Thnx for quick reply. Glad to hear you are still working on it. GL!

Sorry to be that guy but... Plans for A3 compatibility???

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Looks really good aswell!

Looks really good Heripai !

Sorry to be that guy but... Plans for A3 compatibility???

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

Looks really good aswell!

Thank you. We plan to release after the A2

---------- Post added at 07:49 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

To bad BIS won't release the version they have for VBS2.

I am sorry. You will not be able to answer for that matter