Sign in to follow this  
g00d69

Sniper with Ghillie Suit Units

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6sYe4NtRVnewMooUfDbWU55lWDdLO0BuqcGLs-mV25jCEvCY9J0a_RO2ItA

Sniper Ghillie Suit Units

After some searches in games files, i found out Ghillie suit files included in alpha and then, i decided to make Sniper with Ghillie Suit units from these files.

I think that files are not complete and the suits are not achieved in Alpha but that is just a begining in waiting for real and complete realease by BIS.

1364160799-arma3-2013-03-24-22-28-49-33.png

1364160814-arma3-2013-03-24-22-28-39-49.png

Features:

-Units are in 3 camo variants:

-Multicam

-Woodland

-Desert

-Equiped with default Marksman soldier class weapons.

In editor you can find the units in Blufor>Sniper Ghillie

have fun !

Download link : http://www60.zippyshare.com/v/81900594/file.html

Edited by g00d69

pretty cool. had same idea but never got to it. did you make it so that the player can take off certain parts. i.e. make a ghillie vest? and hat? would be nice for on the fly

pretty cool. had same idea but never got to it. did you make it so that the player can take off certain parts. i.e. make a ghillie vest? and hat? would be nice for on the fly

Hi , unfortunatly ghillie suit and mask are actually only in one part with textures from the same 3d model.

Thanks a lot for making the config (and camo variants as well?) g00d69! :)

Yes! Backpack models aren't buried underneath the ghillie anymore :)

Edited by PurePassion

What uniform and texture is the ghillie using underneath?

edit:

Actually, going by the gloves it looks like their standard soldier unifroms.

Edited by AlexVestin

yeah actually full uniform is only in one part.

Very nice. Any idea if AI detects these units less than others?

It should be like that. Atleast it's possible to make it like that.

Gosh why does BI keep creating such Ghillie units -_- i have not yet seen any Sniper build a Ghillie like that, therefor, i will need a modler it seems ^^.

Still very nice find g00d

Thankyou g00d69. I made a quick video to demonstrate how incredibly hard it is to spot units wearing ghillie suits in Arma 3, I had to shoot a friendly unit otherwise I would have been killed before I had time to zoom in.

Gosh why does BI keep creating such Ghillie units -_- i have not yet seen any Sniper build a Ghillie like that, therefor, i will need a modler it seems ^^.

Still very nice find g00d

Those are actually very accurate :) Finally you can see they are constructed of burlap of different size and color. The only thing different to a real ghillie suit in action would be the addition of adapted natural vegetation.

Those are actually very accurate :) Finally you can see they are constructed of burlap of different size and color. The only thing different to a real ghillie suit in action would be the addition of adapted natural vegetation.

An the removal of most burlap on the front, at least i did not use that much on the front, on the upper part yes but the legs were mostly free on the front since you are prone when it matters anyway ^^.

From a technical standpoint they look way better then what we had before in arma, the Suits though still look like the fancy ones you buy in shops to be "ze paintball snip0r". Real-Life Ghillies get handcrafted by the Operators.

Edited by fluttershy

Only problem I've had with this is that it somewhat overlaps the Spec Ops units by g00d69 (here).

When selecting his units with both the Ghillies addon and his own, the Ghillies replace his multicam options.

Other than that, the mod itself comes in handy quite a bit.

If BIS only made them have less burlap from the knees and halfway up his torso that'd be great. Then a chestrig and other handy things would fit a little better.

They look pretty sweet though.. thanks for the addon.

I did a quick test with AI, and my first impression is that they don't react differently to ghillie units. Although human players will have more trouble spotting a ghillie unit (as Kuskov has pointed out).

It's even harder with a midrange texture replacement like Bad Benson's : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150645-midrange-terrain-texture-replacement

So now we have human players having trouble spotting a ghillie unit, and AI not having that handicap. Roles reversed!

Then the value is not defined in the config. There's a camouflage value for each and every soldier.

I haven't checked, but it might not there in this config.

Nice, but would be more realistic, with out bavalac(face paint 1+), and usualy in real ghillies, that ghillie part is only the back side, no in near, of knees, elbows, and stomach. Because if you gonna crawl, thath ghillie material gonna stuck every stick in ground.

I agree, the ghillie/yowie platforms used in this are not true to how a sniper would construct a yowie suit in real life. Need to leave burlap off the front of the suit so pockets and equipment can be accessed. I think we should also be able to customize the suit for our needs like the rest of the uniforms.

For example instead of using a chest rig, have the ability to wear a stalk belt as they are more practical in stalking situations where you are prone and can't access the front of your body.

Perfect example of a yowie suit done right is on the covers of Sniper Ghost warrior 1 & 2

My 2 cents

Very nice. Any idea if AI detects these units less than others?

i saw an arma 2 video, where bots were unable to spot a ghile unit, when he was not moving on the ground. So if BIS didnt cut it for arma 3, then yes.

Edited by NeuroFunker

Why are there only 3 mags in the inventory? And no option for suppressor?

In the init field: this primaryweaponitem "muzzle_snds_B"; for a suppressor. Also you can add more magazines that way with addmagazine command.