[GLT] Legislator

GLT Mod for ArmA 3 - Release Thread

Thank you for your feedback. I decided to use VAC as it is currently the option way to change uniforms and backpacks without to use of the buggy gear menu.

Not sure about the mine-task bug. There were issues before the release but they had been fixed. Yesterday we could disarm the mines without any problem. Though we couldn't secure Xiros as we were not able to find the last enemy on it. Have to do a minor rework anyway as I want to include two further tasks: steal mission map from the officer and secure Kill Farm.

We used the RPG for the Ifrit :) Maybe the rework of the tasks will solve the usage of RPGs.

GLT Mod Update to 1.04

Changelog

GLT Core

• stringtable: icarus myth added
  • Ion Sys flag added

GLT Missions Stratis

• Update: GLT 01: Meet the Spartans
  • Update: GLT 02: Take Girna
  • Update: GLT 03: Airstation Mike
  • Update: GLT 04: Operation Delphi
  • Update: GLT 05: Hunter Convoy
  • Update: GLT 06: Operation Triton (SP mode added)
  • New: GLT 07: Operation Icarus
  • New: GLT 08: Insurrection

GLT Units Civ Men

• new units: Mr. Banana, MAD SIN T-Shirt civilian, "The Day you die is the day I smile" civilian, several new armed civilians
  • civilians have been deployed with uniformclasses and are now available on side civilian as well

GLT Units USA Men

• ghilllie suits moved from GLT Units USA Men to GLT Items
  • addon dependency switched to glt_items
  • ghillie inventory reworked
  • medic diver has new backpack now
  • new unit: officer

GLT Units Iran Men

• addon dependency switched to glt_items
  • officer ammo increased
  • ghillie inventory reworked

GLT Items

• new items: basecap (Jurassic Park), hat (Mr. Banana), poloshirt (I'm with stupid), poloshirt (MAD SIN), poloshirt (The Day you die is the Day I smile), basecap (Hawaii) [textures by BIS], black medic backpack, basecap (Major League Infidel), basecap (Cars)
  • uniform classes for the poloshirts
  • ghilllie suits moved from GLT Units USA Men to GLT Items
  • mini pictures of all items for the inventory

GLT Editor CleanUp

• medic and engineer backpack now have own displaynames
  • several military structures, houses and ruins have been unlocked

New: GLT Units PMC Cars

• Hunter for Ion Sys
  • Quadbike for Ion Sys

Every mission is now using VAC weaponcrates with a whitelist of allowed items and weapons. They will benefit from the new mini pictures of my poloshirts, helmets and basecaps.

jbzo1x3IpPlwmb_xs.jpg - jbiDLAg4HR53to_xs.jpg - jbsXjeEYa6qTfz_xs.jpg

j9pPsIQOrAKWJ_xs.jpg - jfVhSvHYXasZc_xs.jpg - jW3SdQTMikYtz_xs.jpg

jEsaWVvP3ACug_xs.jpg - jbeUuS7aOQoMpY_xs.jpg

The download link in the 1st post of this thread has been updated!

Well ... lol ... it seems like BIS has synchronized their patching plans with my release plans :D Again there was a new ArmA 3 patch after mod update release which is currently breaking some things. I'll do the bugfixing this weekend so there should be an mod update on monday again.

GLT Mod Update to 1.05

Changelog

GLT Core

• 0.58 compatibility: iran and greece flags and markers added (backward compatibility included)
  • VAC added
  • stringtable changes

GLT Missions Stratis

• 0.58 compatibility established for all missions
  • overview.html removed --> replaced by description.ext setup
  • default revive = 5
  • VAC script and setup moved to GLT Core
  • Update: GLT 01: Meet the Spartans
  • Update: GLT 02: Take Girna
  • Update: GLT 03: Airstation Mike
  • Update: GLT 04: Operation Delphi
  • Update: GLT 05: Hunter Convoy
  • Update: GLT 06: Operation Triton
  • Update: GLT 07: Operation Icarus
  • Update: GLT 08: Insurrection

GLT Units Civ Men

• 0.58 compatibility: classname arifle_Khaybar_C_Holo_F changed to arifle_Khaybar_C_F
  • new CfgGroups: GLT_Armed_Civilians_Squad2, GLT_Armed_Civilians_Patrol3

GLT Units USA Cars

• 0.58 compatibility: Hunter Ambulance texture path corrected

GLT Units Iran Men

• double stringtable entries removed / RPT errors of ghillie suits fixed

GLT Editor CleanUp

• cargo container displayname fixes

New: GLT Units Civ Cars

• new vehicles: quad bike with different colors

All missions are now benefiting from the new mission preview that had been introduced with the latest ArmA 3 Alpha patch. The VAC configuration is now selectable via mission parameter. You can choose between full access to everything or mission default limitations (recommended). I also re-introduced some textures that been removed with the latest patch - iran flag markers, greece and iran flag, quadbike textures. I applied them with backward compatibility so you don't have to change you previously created missions.

jmyLy8hnxsgMh_xs.jpg - jXZBR26DmXWMj_xs.jpg

jbwOeBFbaEgDVV_xs.jpg - jbyBjEP2zQNkjA_xs.jpg

GLT:07 Icarus was so much fun!!! We played it last night, took about 1hour and a half with a full group. Recorded most of the game so I should have that up as GOBs first video.

SPOILERS BELOW

Everything went pretty smoothly too... we grouped all together (including the pilots) in one squad and moved the hunter convoy to the radio towers to get some overwatch and try to find the wreck. As soon as we cleared the radio tower we were ambushed from the small village to the north, two AT came in at exactly the same time and killed off the rear and the front hunter which led the middle one stuck... it was pretty awesome to watch on the ground, got that on camera. Anyway once everyone was up we used the radio tower to just hold our ground for a little bit while we got a little more organized. Then we sent the pilots back to base to pick up the little birds to do some sector scans for the wreck while the infantry went north to rogain. Cleared rogain and regrouped with the pilots who spooted the wrecks. Took the ifirts from Rogain to the wreck and had the chooppers provide overwatch. Picked up the downed pilots, evaced them via the littlebirds and the rest of the infantry went back to base via the ifirts. Overall very low causalities and tons of fun! Thanks for the good experience.

Edited by Foxhound
use spoiler tags please!

Great! Can you please provide me a link to this video? I mostly include multiple ways on how to solve a mission. In Operation Icarus we prefered a fast insertion with the MH-9.

Btw. ... GLT Mission 9 is almost finished and GLT Mission 10 is work in progress :) PMC missions might be introduced in mission 11 upcounting.

Video is up!!! our first mission report. Can't wait for GLT9 and 10. This tuesday we are going to be doing 8.

It's a very nice video. I like the style you are leading your troops lol. However I noticed that you've chosen a low viewdistance. Did you have performance issues with the mission?

While the VAC settings already allow some weapons from the R3F weapons pack I'm going to use those weapons for the upcomming PMC Ion Sys units and missions.

I didn't know you could adjust distance :P I'll make sure to take note of that for tomorrow. We are going to be doing GLT08 and that will be recorded as well... in full resolution.

You can alter the viewdistance either by pressing STRG + ALT + V during the mission or via mission parameter. Default = 1500 m.

Played GLT08 last night. It was fun and short, we died a lot though when going into Agia. Recorded the whole thing, should have it up in the next couple of days. Thanks again for such a great series. GOB looks forward to the 0.60 update (possibly some sniper maps), and GLT09/10.

Thanks for the feedback ;) Because of the upcomming patch 0.60 I decided to delay the next mod update to next week.

In the meantime try the mission with different day and night times! It's a completly different feeling!

GLT:08 is posted on our youtube! As of this post it's still processing for 1080p, should be done in about an hour.

Nice video, especially the part with the flying civilian :D I'm glad that at least one player found a mine (at the end of the video). You took the hard path through the city. I guess many deaths could have been avoided if you cleared the military range at first. Try the mission in the next glt mod update again and choose night time ;) I'll add some chemlights to the scenery.

GLT Mod Update to 1.06

The R3F Weapons Pack is a requirement for this mod now!

Changelog

GLT Core

• VAC setup changed
  • new: Nyx myth in the stringtable.xml
  • new: Ion Inc. faction added in stringtable.xml
  • new: Offroad setup function

GLT Missions Stratis

• 0.60 - update of all missions for compatibility
  • new mission: GLT 09: Radiotower
  • new mission: GLT 10: Operation Nyx
  • new mission: GLT 11: Safe Passage

GLT Units Civ Men

• new: civilian (beach t-shirt)

GLT Units PMC Men

• new: Ion Inc. units
  • new: CfgGroups

GLT Items

• black medic backpack texture changed
  • new item: helmet (Ion Inc.)
  • new item: poloshirt (Ion Inc.)
  • new item: combat and pilot uniform (Ion Inc.)
  • new item: poloshirt (beach)
  • new item: woolhat (black)
  • new item: underwear (hello kitty)
  • new item: underwear (dirty)

GLT Editor CleanUp

• new: backpack (AT) now has its own displayname
  • fixed: error message regarding bmp.p3d

GLT Units Civ Cars

• new: offroad textures (black, Limnos Repair Service)

GLT Units PMC Cars

• new: CfgGroups

jThTkokhCev8H_xs.jpg - jS20OsJPD6mi6_xs.jpg

jovvLB1naLHMn_xs.jpg - jeTLHXyJ0Htj2_xs.jpg

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Thank you Foxhound for the mirror!

Also thank you to Bohemia Interactive! I never imagined it would be possible to do so much modding during the ArmA 3 phase. They provided a lot of good textures and configuration possibilities. More thanks to BTK aka sxp2high and team MAD SIN for testing and co-development, team GLT for testing and several other guys in this forum for helping me with some question :)

The next public mod update won't appear before the next ArmA 3 Alpha patch. For the next update I'll focus on a few more PMC units, 1 or 2 PMC missions and new quad-bike textures.

Sadly we found some minor bugs while playing tonigh, especially with my VAC setup. Also in Operation Nyx some players are starting within the rocks. If this happens, lay down and try to crouch out or respawn.