VerkadeB

.ogv video ingame.

Hello,

I was trying to make a mission with an intro and with searching I learnt that I need a .ogv file.

So I created an .ogv file and placed it in my mission, then I put the script in the ini.sqf

[] spawn {
scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";
["KCT.ogv",0,0,848,480,true] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;	
waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_fnc_titlecard_finished")};
titleText [WELCOME_MESSAGE, "PLAIN", 3];
};

I start the mission and the movie worked, but it was blur, couldn't read any text and actually it was just a bunch of lines... The original movie took 15 seconds, it is an .ogv and it is 848x480.

2013-03-24_00002.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64254110/2013-03-24_00003.jpg (337 kB)

Any hints?

Thank you,

VerkadeB

didnt even know about this, cool. please post if you get it working

Hello,

I was trying to make a mission with an intro and with searching I learnt that I need a .ogv file.

So I created an .ogv file and placed it in my mission, then I put the script in the ini.sqf

Any hints?

Thank you,

VerkadeB

What program did you use to make the video?

An (working) example can be found here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19289

And I tried it myself and it works (simple 10 second video).

I guess it might be related to the codecs you used for the video (both video and audio codec), so you might try to play with those.

What program did you use to make the video?

I used Miro Video Converter!

Used FreeMake Video converter on the HTML5 setting, Creates a folder with MP4, OGV and webm in it, works a treat at 720p. It is free but watch what you click when you install it, it wants to install a few browser bars etc..

Used FreeMake Video converter on the HTML5 setting, Creates a folder with MP4, OGV and webm in it, works a treat at 720p. It is free but watch what you click when you install it, it wants to install a few browser bars etc..

Question, but is there a standard thing I need to use for doing a Arma 3 intro video, like a max height or frames?

Use this method below to convert:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/ogg-theora/encoding/vlc/

To capture I found when i used AVI it went how you have described, so i used windows movie maker to make my video in MP4 format then followed the method to convert to .ogv

Does not work for me, I converted my MP4 file with VLC, same problem.

Gr,

Lt2-Verkade.B[KCT]

I think you'll find then that its your file resolution, try a proper 16:9 ratio or a 4:3 ratio resolution.

Mine worked with 854x480

Edited by Bigpickle

I tnink you'll find then that its your file resolution, it doesn't do widescreen resolutions it has to be 4:3 aspect ratio.

My screen is 2560 x 1600. Is there something I can get a better aspect ratio.

sry i edited my last post, take a peek.

Try maybe a way smaller res in 4:3 or 16:9, put your video into windows movie maker and see if you can change the resolution. I think if you save as "file for computer" it might re-size for you, if not an proper video editor to re-size might be an option.

sry i edited my last post, take a peek.

Try maybe a way smaller res in 4:3 or 16:9, put your video into windows movie maker and see if you can change the resolution. I think if you save as "file for computer" it might re-size for you, if not an proper video editor to re-size might be an option.

Sorry sir, but it is not working. It was already 16:9, so I made 4:3 from it. Then I converted it to .OGV, turned it in my mission folder. Did not work, Same problem.

How are you recording your video? in FRAPS? mine would never work from FRAPS, I had to actually make the movie

How are you recording your video? in FRAPS? mine would never work from FRAPS, I had to actually make the movie

No recording, otherwise Bigpickle do you have STEAM so I can send you a link so you can see it yourself.

Greets,

Anyone figured out how to get rid of the flashing effect when using this method to play the ogv file at the start of a mission?

thanks,

Anyone figured out how to get rid of the flashing effect when using this method to play the ogv file at the start of a mission?

thanks,

mate make your own thread for that issue its separate to the discussion here

thanks,

Yeah search BigPickle

Hi, this is what I used to play an intro video in an Arma 2 mission yet for Arma 3 it only blacks out and plays the audio:

12 cutText ["", "BLACK OUT"]; 
sleep 2; 
_video = ["sounds\intro.ogv"] spawn bis_fnc_playVideo; 
waitUntil {scriptDone _video}; 

12 cutText ["", "BLACK IN"];

I've had the same issue, VerkadeB had. For me, the sollution was picking a preset 4:3 resolution. I used 640x480 to recode the video, worked fine after that.

Edited by Vincent_Edwards

I've had the same issue, VerkadeB had. For me, the sollution was picking a preset 4:3 resolution. I used 640x480 to recode the video, worked fine after that.

RGR Thats what i did

Hello

would it be possible that you check the sync between sound and video please ?

i get a big gap between sound and video data

if i play it directly via vlc or whatever sounds are synced to the video data

THX

Anyone figure out what ratio's are acceptable?

I've tried plenty of true 16:9 ratios but they all multiply and doesn't properly play. Anyone know a medium quality resolution that works?

Anyone figure out what ratio's are acceptable?

I've tried plenty of true 16:9 ratios but they all multiply and doesn't properly play. Anyone know a medium quality resolution that works?

What do you mean with multiply?

I record and convert video's in normal screen resolution (1920x1080) and it plays properly, you could try 720p, but it will look more blurry on high resolution monitors.