Sign in to follow this  
spectrersg

Retexturing Units = Shiney

Hi guys, kind of an oddball issue here and I read it has something to do with the rvmat (or something like that). I'm somewhat new to texturing and setting up a config on my own, but I got most of it down. I have this really weird issue of all my uniforms having this .... leather-like shine on them. As seen in the images at this link: http://imgur.com/a/oJh5U

I dont know if this is a config issue or not, but it may be, so if this thread needs to be moved I'd appreciate it mods! :)

Does anyone know how to deal with this shine on the units?

Thanks!

Check your Color settings and brigthness with the original textures. Apperently the reflection values of the default B_Soldier_F are a bit higher then they were in A2. I had to tone down the brightness in my textures as well. The little extra work will get you a long way though.

This is fixed in the latest alpha (not dev) patch. My own re-textured units look fine now, not like they have plastic wrap on.

I had them quite dark. In fact I had to go back and lighten them up. Even adding just a matte black that looks perfect shows up like I'm wearing a shiny gimp suit ingame.

Everything is inheriting the B_Soldier_Base_F class.

Edit: nevermind you're right Mud. Thanks!

Edited by SpectreRSG