[aps]gnat

Cessna 185 Skywagon - Light Aircraft

Link to key fixed, the filename was all messed up ;)

Cessna looks real cool. I like.

It seems as if flying the Cessna uses a different set of controls than when flying any heli.

With Arma 3, I like flipping the mouse movement, so that I can move my mouse UP when tilting the nose of the heli down. But when flying the Cessna, moving my mouse UP have my aircraft move upwards.

Also, I experienced the seaplane flipping over when holding down Q, when playing on someones server (prob 150 ping or so).

Since OFP have always used keyboard to fly planes (and choppers).

Not ideal, but then again it isn't like FSX or other.

Are there plans to bring this mod up to date with release build? I'm very interested in using this for my missions.

Are there plans to bring this mod up to date with release build? I'm very interested in using this for my missions.

Huh? What do you mean, it works still, right?

I've noticed that the physics seem slightly off on the Cessna's personally. A weird tendency to not sit properly whilst on the ground and to feel a bit light in general, as well as a tendency for the nose to drop whilst in the air.

I've noticed that the physics seem slightly off on the Cessna's personally.

We don't have ArmA3 tools yet, so its as good as it gets for now.

Are you planning on making more plane addons fore ArmA 3? If yes, which ones?

Yes

Not sure

Gnat;2511706']We don't have ArmA3 tools yet' date=' so its as good as it gets for now.

Yes

Not sure[/quote']

Fair enough, just thought I'd point it out.

I've noticed that the physics seem slightly off on the Cessna's personally. A weird tendency to not sit properly whilst on the ground and to feel a bit light in general, as well as a tendency for the nose to drop whilst in the air.

Unless A3 plane physics have changed, nose-droopiness is the symptom of being at being below cruising speed. At below (and significantly above) that speed, the lift factor is reduced. In other words, you should attempt to raise your speed.

IRL we often trim the aircraft. No such option in arma so rarely if ever will it fly balanced.

Has there been any progress correcting the dedicated water landing/takeoff issues?

Is it possible to simply extend the "fake ground" so that the server has time to catchup with the client?

Has there been any progress correcting the dedicated water landing/takeoff issues?

Is it possible to simply extend the "fake ground" so that the server has time to catchup with the client?

I asked Gnat kindly to send me the source files since I wanted to have a go on developing, but he hasn't replied ever since.

I recall playing on an Arma2 Life server, (TCG I think) which featured a fully functional water landing Cessna. It was about 18 months ago, but at least we know from this that it can be done.

I recall playing on an Arma2 Life server, (TCG I think) which featured a fully functional water landing Cessna. It was about 18 months ago, but at least we know from this that it can be done.

A lot has changed regarding water-based vehicles. I wouldn't bet that it works the same way.

Just a heads up you have 2 A2 Penetration files

Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\rubberPlate.bisurf

Cannot load surface info ca\data\Penetration\metalPlate.bisurf

Needs to be changed to

a3\data_f\penetration\tyre.bisurf

a3\data_f\penetration\metal_plate.bisurf

Very nice! I have been looking for some civilian prop planes. I would love to see the Cessna 337 in the future, just a suggestion for yah -check out the Flightgear program, it is a free, open source Flight sim whose community has done excellent work on plane models and mechanics i always ponder what it would take to port over models and flight mechanics from said software to Arma 3, hell perhaps there are some Arma players in the FG community to streamline the process.

Where can I get a server key for this. The link provided in the thread is no good, and the mod doesn't download with it.... How can I get this?

Has anyone been able to get amphibious plane to land on water other than altis/stratis maps?

When i use it on other maps I cannot get wheels to retract therefore will not land on water, and also if starting on water plane just sinks.

I can with AiA Terrain Pack and Chernarus

2015-02-09_00010.jpg

2015-02-09_00011.jpg

Gnats script checks altitude and if the plane is above water or land.

If the water on other maps is not set properly that might explain what you experience. Nothing that can be fixed from this addon though. The mapmakers/map pack conversion would have to configure their water properly I guess.

Are you using any other addons? Try just using the map and the cessna without anything else

Able to land on SMD Sahrani no problems.

Thanks for replies.

I re-downloaded main file and tried on map again, and what do you know........it now works (map also has been updated so fix might have been applied there).

Again thanks,

Where can I get a server key for this. The link provided in the thread is no good, and the mod doesn't download with it.... How can I get this?

I also need the server bikey and the link at Armaholic is broken. Been searching for a couple hours with no luck. Can someone provide a working link?

Thanks you in advance.