[aps]gnat

Cessna 185 Skywagon - Light Aircraft

Love it, my favourite little seaplane in my favourite game.

Nothing beats flying out to a shipwreck site then going diving. :)

Can't wait till BIS decide to give us proper flight control assignments to set up, and parachutes for when it all goes wrong.

As like a lot other people, i'm still waiting for a proper download link to be able to fly with this beauty ! Please OP, host it elsewhere ! A lot of people have a "403 - Forbidden".

Thanks Foxhound

And thanks to those with feedback and suggestions.

Hey Gnat,

Hope all is well, I have been testing in MP and the Float Plane spawns nicely, sits on the water fine but when you take off it acts like it hit a short wall and flips over forward? This is ONLY on a Dedi-Server?

Vengeance

Installed to the correct path and added to launch parameter, unfortunately nothing shows up different in editor, I cannot find the plane.

Ideas?

Installed to the correct path and added to launch parameter, unfortunately nothing shows up different in editor, I cannot find the plane.

Ideas?

what about to paste the path here ? and also the launch parameter you used. we can´t help without information.

Float Plane spawns nicely, sits on the water fine but when you take off it acts like it hit a short wall and flips over forward? This is ONLY on a Dedi-Server?

Hi Vengeance

I suspect its lag causing the fake ground to fall a little behind the plane as you start to get speed. The front landcontact points probably slip over the edge of the fake ground and then the plane nose dives.

On a dedicated server the lags probably not as bad.

Is the dedi local or remote?

If you moving slowly on the water, no problem?

Been having a stupidly good time with this mod, thanks Gnat!

vengeance1, I know from a bit of testing that the floatplane is sensitive to the wave conditions, what's your weather set to?

these Cessnas (vastly improved by now) have been a constant since OFP Gimball's Cessnas (first addon i ever downloaded), AWESOME!!! Txs :D

Gnat,

The Dedi is Remote and if you Taxi in the Float Plane extremely slow it will work. If you Host Local there is no issue regardless of weather or waves (R3volution).

Let me know if I can offer any additional help.

Vengeance

have also that problem with dedi server. dedi is on my maschine so i have zero ping.

by getting speed the nose straight goes into the water, no matter how fast.

you cant lift off by any try.

also if you start on runway and want to try to land in water, you instandly explode on

toucjing the water.

in singelplayer its all fine.

greetz

masty

Edited by themaster303

All of who cant land on the water!

I havnt tryed to land on the water on a dedicated server but have cinda the same effect if i try to land i lage waves in the editor so maybe it is some thing about the waves being the ground and then you sorta hit it strait on when you land?

Can't seem to get it to work, any ideas?

Are all the files in ..\@cesna\addons\ ?

Edited by der_baer_fm

Has anyone been able to use waypoints or any form of scripting to have an AI controlled unit land either on land or in the case of the amphibious, in water?

Great work btw, loving this plane.

... land either on land

"GETOUT" waypoint

in the case of the amphibious, in water?

Can't happen until a "runway" is defined at sea (on each terrain map). Maybe I'll make some later for Stratis

Great work btw, loving this plane.

Thanks!

The GETOUT waypoint isn't landing it for some reason even on the airfield. Maybe it isn't defined as an airfield as of yet or plane functions just aren't ready at this stage in the alpha?

Out of curiosity how could you define a runway at sea in theory if you know how.

Cheers!

Thank you very much for this addon Gnat.

When I build a mission with it, what do my friends have to do in order to join me on my server?

Just installing the mod, starting it via shortcut and then join my game?