Sign in to follow this  
FredAirland

New Helicopter flight model by HTR dev

Would you be interested in an advanced helicopter flight model for Arma 3 ?  

409 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in an advanced helicopter flight model for Arma 3 ?

• Very much interested
    • Somehow interested
    • Not interested

From the informations I have there will be a new helicopter flight model in Arma 3 and it will be based on RotorLib, also I will be helping in fixing the flight model.

I believe that in most cases this means the current alpha (or arma 2) flight model will be greatly increased and I think it will satisfy most of the users requesting a better FM.

As long as HTR goes, it is not a final no, but BIS will stick to RotorLib atm... Maybe upon realease they will support external FM dlls as other sims do and I might be able to integrate it.

At the end of the day, all looks good, at least I think...

Sounds like a good thing to me! Thanks for your help in making the game as good as it can be, and thanks to BIS for letting you. :)

From the informations I have there will be a new helicopter flight model in Arma 3 and it will be based on RotorLib, also I will be helping in fixing the flight model.

I believe that in most cases this means the current alpha (or arma 2) flight model will be greatly increased and I think it will satisfy most of the users requesting a better FM.

As long as HTR goes, it is not a final no, but BIS will stick to RotorLib atm... Maybe upon realease they will support external FM dlls as other sims do and I might be able to integrate it.

At the end of the day, all looks good, at least I think...

:ok: :partytime:

Yes please, the flight model has always been a little lacking for ARMA!

Sounds very hopeful, so its moving towards good news..:)

@Damacles

Hve you tried TKOH with my physics adjustments for Light and Medium? This is the best I could do without access to the physics engine but the helicopter are much easier to control whilst more realistic you can find the thread here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?145171-Advanced-Flight-Model-based-on-HTR

I have and I really enjoyed flying the MD-500s. My control over the larger helicopters wasn't that good, but it wasn't that good without your modifications. Either way, I'm excited to see what can be added to Arma3 in terms of more TOH-style controls over the collective and a more TOH-style startup and shut down (and vehicle interaction with panels being able to be opened and closed).

It seems like good base simulations never die. The Falcon 4 game was finished years ago but the community kept it alive and today it's still an amazing game with a level of detail and realism that can't be matched. No reason why TOH or Arma series of games can't be the same sort of canvas for developers both official and community based.

I have and I really enjoyed flying the MD-500s. My control over the larger helicopters wasn't that good, but it wasn't that good without your modifications. Either way, I'm excited to see what can be added to Arma3 in terms of more TOH-style controls over the collective and a more TOH-style startup and shut down (and vehicle interaction with panels being able to be opened and closed).

It seems like good base simulations never die. The Falcon 4 game was finished years ago but the community kept it alive and today it's still an amazing game with a level of detail and realism that can't be matched. No reason why TOH or Arma series of games can't be the same sort of canvas for developers both official and community based.

Yup, even if there wouldn't be any new simulators, simfans will still be playing the old ones :) (like Il-2 Sturmovik, which is going to get new patch these days - 13 years after release)

/ot