Sign in to follow this  
big_t

Still can't play wasteland , any ideas????

I'm going to start this thread by saying:

- I realize this is an alpha

- I realize the game is not complete yet

- I realize what I payed for is a work in progress and I'll do my best to help with bug finding.

That being said, I continually crash when trying to join a wasteland server. Or else crash within a few minutes. All other game modes seem to work quite well with no crashes. I see nearly full servers so most people must be able to join.

Any ideas??

Are you using the stable build or (a/the) dev build?

Just the normal build.

Perhaps you should ask in the Wasteland Topic, as far as I'm concerned this only happens with the Wasteland mission, everything else seems to run fine.

I get a 'sound counter not found' error on starting Wasteland maps but can still play some of them. Maybe my system is in someway compensating for something. Are your sound drivers/motherboard drivers all up to date. Most people only update windows and graphics drivers. Also put your system stats in your signature please.

So it's just wasteland that you can't join? Have you tried to join other games missions or servers, and if so was there any problem with those? Running any mods? Maybe the .pbo for that map is corrupt or damaged. Try deleting it and then rejoining a server. If my memory serves me it's located in "c:\users\YourUserName\appdata\local\ArmA3\MP Mission cache".

So it's just wasteland that you can't join? Have you tried to join other games missions or servers, and if so was there any problem with those? Running any mods? Maybe the .pbo for that map is corrupt or damaged. Try deleting it and then rejoining a server. If my memory serves me it's located in "c:\users\YourUserName\appdata\local\ArmA3\MP Mission cache".

All other game types /missions / servers not running wasteland seem to run fine (some servers have lag spikes but no crashes)

Thanks for the tip I'll try your method.

---------- Post added at 02:44 ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 ----------

I get a 'sound counter not found' error on starting Wasteland maps but can still play some of them. Maybe my system is in someway compensating for something. Are your sound drivers/motherboard drivers all up to date. Most people only update windows and graphics drivers. Also put your system stats in your signature please.

I also get the "'sound counter not found' error on starting Wasteland maps" I'm fairly sure everything is up to date but I will double check.

Wasteland is by far the most unstable mission I've come across during the alpha test. I can play ANY other gamemode hours at a time without a singe crash, but wasteland usually crashes within 30 - 45 minutes of playing (sometimes even faster).

I went back to playing A2 wasteland, because its just to frustrating.

Perhaps you should ask in the Wasteland Topic, as far as I'm concerned this only happens with the Wasteland mission, everything else seems to run fine.

This.