Sign in to follow this  
VerySolidSnake

Requesting largest truck in the world please

Well here's its page right here

I think this would be a cool addon to ofp, i mean its so gigantic, you actually need to go up a stairway to get the the cockpit. Just look at the specs, completly amazing

Engine Model Cat 3524B

Gross Power 2535 kW (3400 hp)

Flywheel Power 2395 kW (3211 hp)

Net Power - Cat 2395 kW (3211 hp)

Gross Machine Operating Weight 597273 kg (1314000 lb)

why would that be needed in ofp?

did u open your toybox after some years and got this idea?

no i was actually reading popular science... you wouldn't understand.

anyways it is a mining truck. I think it would be cool to have a huge area of a map that resembles some sort of mining. I think some of the best firefights could take place in those areas, and well, going for realism, you might want mining trucks no? And why do you people bash ideas that are non-war related? I mean seriously, i'm just trying to expand the game.

ANd unfortunatly, i have to request all my crazy ideas. I can't do them myself without the proper software. I like to go for fun over realism.

hmm snake now you have explained it further with the mine area idea i get it

it would be cool to have a fight like take the mine area and hold

little mining town next to it yeah i can see it in my mind tounge.gif

Are You crazy, VerySolidSnake ? . OFP <--- it's a war simulator !!!!!

he only wants a island with a mining area and that thing

i dont know why some of you think its bad to have a large truck in OFP but then think its cool to make a Starwars Mod.... sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RPG @ July 19 2002,01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i dont know why some of you think its bad to have a large truck in OFP but then think its cool to make a Starwars Mod....  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I prefer having the biggest truck in the world then having an X-Wing fighter confused.gif

btw... why not an American MONSTER Truck? biggrin.gif

SolidSnake.

Ofp is a war simulator, i'm not arguing with that.

Imagine if mods for half life had to resemble everything the original single player levels had, do you know how dumb it would be if all 100 (or something like that) mods were that similar? And if all those mods were so similar in all that aspects, don't you think people would start getting bored of them??? I mean theres a matrix mod, counterstrike, a little bug racing one. Why do you think the half life community is so popular?? its because theres sooo much variety

If we limit ourselves only the war aspect of OFP, it won't be long before interest is lost. We need new and creative ideas. (I'm not just saying this for my giant 797 smile.gif), but we seriously need to get cracking on some different ideas.

I could buy MM2, but wouldn't i be supporting microsoft and not codemasters??? Why not have everything in one game?

We need to revolutionize, not.... evolutionize. We can keep on making better and better war vehicals, but hey, its just the same but a lil better. There needs to be more of a mix. There needs to be something that will totally blow people away. So far the antovo has been the most impressive thing i've seen. You know why? cauz its different and stood out way above the rest. (btw where the hell is it)

So when someone comes up with a crazy idea like me, you guys really should'nt bash them, they have the ideas that are most likely the best. Like the star wars mod, i know about 3 people that will buy OFP once that realizes

Hey they already made a island with a race track and stadium on it is that a good start biggrin.gif

kegetys drill and nail gun are pointless but i don't see u attacking him, why can't this guy want a big truck? just coz u don't like the idea. Personally i think it would be pretty cool

How cool would a Space Shuttle and a Saturn 5 Rocket be? Also with thier respective launch pad/crawlers.

Not very cool.

But the fact that the crawler wieghs 25,000 tonnes is cool. biggrin.gif

I used to be really REALLY interested in astronomy.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (VerySolidSnake @ July 18 2002,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well here's its page right here

I think this would be a cool addon to ofp, i mean its so gigantic, you actually need to go up a stairway to get the the cockpit. Just look at the specs, completly amazing

Engine Model Cat 3524B

Gross Power 2535 kW (3400 hp)

Flywheel Power 2395 kW (3211 hp)

Net Power - Cat 2395 kW (3211 hp)

Gross Machine Operating Weight 597273 kg (1314000 lb)<span id='postcolor'>

Childs play... wink.gif

Why not create the world biggest brown coal excavator? wink.gif

DK-18-01-17_JPG.jpg

http://www.das-fotoarchiv.com/angebote/bagger

I don't see anything wrong with this type of addon: true, it's not military equipment, but then neither are the bus, skoda, motorcycle etc etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SolidSnake (real one) <span id='postcolor'>

LOL

I hate it when people say OFP doesnt need this and that.And I wonder why BIS is going to release the tools need to put anything your hearts desire into OFP.I guess they think evveryones going to just make military objects.And if we were all the same I guess we would be communist.Just to make the ones that disagre with this BIG Truck Idea,Im going to talk to some folks and see if we can get this Big Truck up in OFP. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paladin @ July 21 2002,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SolidSnake (real one) <span id='postcolor'>

LOL<span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

That truck can run over more than a just a little tank it can run over monster trucks. And most houses.

I CAN'T F****** BELIVE THIS! Dammit how could I have overseen this thread and I thought my idea wasn't picked up on OFP forums yet.

I have allready put this one on my todo list. Now for those that don't get the idea why to make such things for OFP.

People all over the world have used strange vehicles to "customize" them for war (mostly civil war) use. I have posted pics of some wild constructions they made in croatia during the first days of civil war and thats not all by far. They even equiped crop dusters with bombs made of water boilers and so on. So it wouldn't be a too strange thought someone would armor a cat 797 with some thick steel plates put a 20mm cannon or some heavy MG on top and use it for war.

I even think that this sort of addons fit excellently good into the "Resistance" story.

BTW: I made a very simple prototype model in scale just to see how it "feels" like in ofp and the drivers view is great fun smile.gif