jacmac

Generic Vehicle Service

I called it soundsParam, but anything that's not reserved will do. You'll need to change the lines that say param to your new name too, see line 64 to 93 in sounds.sqf

Thanks Tankbuster, it works now. Well mostly I still need to figure out why after about three to four minutes after service has been completed any vanilla or modded aircraft or helicopter will disappear and then respawn where it was placed in the editor. It's almost like the game is thinking that the aircraft or helicopter that's just been serviced has been damaged and must been respawned. I'm wondering if this is a conflict between GVS and the Basic Vehicle Respawn Script by [EVO] Dan.

Yeah I don't see that behaviour and don't use that respawn script so I think that might be causing that

It seems my hunch was right as I replaced the respawn script with the vehicle respawn module that's found in the editor, I ran a test and now the helicopters and planes aren't disappearing after using the GVS point.

Say, are you two guys fixing the gvs script atm? If yes, could somebody send it to me somehow? :3

I did my best to contact the author but got no replies so I have fixed the bits that were broken and important to me. :)

I'm actually away on hols right now, Moony, so won't be doing any real work on anything A3 related for a week or so, but you're welcome to get my version of the script that I'm using in my domi off my mission server. It's fully working, all of the fixes I've talked about here are in my version.

Just be aware of one thing - I amalgamated the heli and the fixed wing service point into one.

• Like 1

I did my best to contact the author but got no replies so I have fixed the bits that were broken and important to me. :)

I'm actually away on hols right now, Moony, so won't be doing any real work on anything A3 related for a week or so, but you're welcome to get my version of the script that I'm using in my domi off my mission server. It's fully working, all of the fixes I've talked about here are in my version.

Just be aware of one thing - I amalgamated the heli and the fixed wing service point into one.

Thanks, I'll do that. ^^

I followed the install instructions for GVS pretty much as default so my install of the scripts should be standard. Just replace your install with mine - job done.

• Like 1

Yepp yepp, already done. Finally it works again....and again you are my hero! ^^

• Like 1

Hello, I am having issues with GVS script. It does not seem to work at all... I have followed the read me and it doesn't work. Can someone help a noob? Please?!

thanks,

dubl

Hello, I am having issues with GVS script. It does not seem to work at all... I have followed the read me and it doesn't work. Can someone help a noob? Please?!

thanks,

dubl

Maybe you start with telling us what you have done so far and we can definitely help you. If you want to, you can just write me a personal message, so I can help you! ^^

Hello, I placed the scripts in mission folder.

Updated the init:

// Generic Vehicle Service
execVM "gvs\gvs_init.sqf";

Updated the description file with the includes:

// Generic Vehicle Service
#include "gvs\colors_include.hpp"
#include "gvs\control_include.hpp"
#include "gvs\stc_include.hpp"

and

// Resource Titles for GVS
class RscTitles {
    #include "gvs\stc_include_alt.hpp" //Alterntive display class definitions
};

In the editor I added the markers with the appropriate prefix. ie. gvs_veh_1, gvs_hel_1, etc.

Nothing happens when you approach the markers. According the instructions there is nothing else to do or how to really debug it. I saw in earlier post the people were updating the parameter name _passed_this (every occurrence) in the CFG_lookup ("_passed_this" to "_passed_me") which I also tried. No luck. All the other script I have put in place work fine (EOS, BTC, ATM airdrop...) In the mean time I have place a more generic service script in its place, but the GVS looks awesome.

Thanks for any pointers.

dubl

Its working great, but the code needs little fix caused by new commands added by BIS.

I have been looking at this script recently and this is what I did to get it to work:

The first issue is gvs defines a function called Param.  Unfortunately, as has been pointed out before this is now a reserved word so we need to change the name in the function definition and when it is called.

To edit the definition:

cfg_lookup.sqf; line 56
SoundParam =
Where the function is called:

sounds.sqf; line 64
_volume =  [_this, 5, 10] call SoundParam;
_pitch =  [_this, 6, 1.0] call SoundParam;
_distance = [_this, 7, 30] call SoundParam;
_inside =  [_this, 8, false] call SoundParam;
and line 90
_volume = [_this, 2, 10] call SoundParam;
_pitch = [_this, 3, 1.0] call SoundParam;
_distance = [_this, 4, 30] call SoundParam;
_inside = [_this, 5, false] call SoundParam;
Additionally there is a bug in the following file:

generic_vehicle_service.sqf; line 386
_oVehicle addMagazine (_turretMags select _mag);
Good luck.  S

Made the edits and everything but I just cant get the repair to work? It says that the repair need is 0% even when the hull is orange?

Thanks!

A quick note to those who might be trying to use this now;

gvs\generic_vehicle_script.sqf needs to be remoteExec'd to the driver of the vehicle that needs servicing