Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Tower of Altis Hotel

Amazing!

I'm really interested in how you got the flashy materials on your imported objects? Specifically the glowing ones, and the lights in the first photo. For example some of them look to have the same shader / material used for the glowing red lights on top of the default boat. How can I use that material and edit it to make my textures / mesh's stand out and glow at night?

Also i'm curious to see how you will light the interiors at night

Edited by CyberpunkDev

Same! I think that's incredible. I'm also curious to see how interiors will light up at night. I'd like to see a cycle of lights for times of the day.

Amazing!

I'm really interested in how you got the flashy materials on your imported objects? Specifically the glowing ones, and the lights in the first photo. For example some of them look to have the same shader / material used for the glowing red lights on top of the default boat. How can I use that material and edit it to make my textures / mesh's stand out and glow at night?

Also i'm curious to see how you will light the interiors at night

Wow.... this is awesome :) It could even be used on an island life server!!!!

This said size-limit is among those things they shouldn't be there (after ALL those years ) in ARMA3.

Make a bold ticket and i will vote with my both hands..

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates this week, I was with someone in the hospital making sure they were okay and keeping them company. Wish I could have brought my computer tower because it was extremely boring doing nothing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be clear the image of the interior is a Cinema 4d render and is not in game. However, I know that there is a way in Oxygen to have material surfaces "glow" at night, as I recall doing it before in the OFP days, but I can't remember on the top of my head.

ArmA 3 does not have, to my knowledge any kind of "Backlight" shader". This is a shader used where you want to have a light inside of an object and appear to illuminate it from within. But there is a trick that may work very well, that is to "bake" the lighting effect from Cinema 4D into a texture, and then set that material property in Oxygen to glow. It will probably look nearly identical to the Cinema 4d render, in theory..

As for lighting interiors at night, I have done some testing with ArmA3's stock objects and lights. There is somewhat of a problem with this, where lights seem to somehow escape the interior and spill into the outside world but I think with such a large object, and small lights, interior lighting is going to work surprisingly well. The downside to this, lack of detail. No good ambient occlusion, no good area lighting with nice shadows - two things that really make interiors look real and detailed. Again, I'm going to attempt to setup all the lighting in Cinema 4d, bake all the shadows, bake all the ambient occlusion into a texture. Throw in some stock default ArmA 3 lights, tinker with the brightness, size and colors - and it will APPEAR as if the game is rendering dynamic lights and shadows - when really it's just a shadow effect painted onto a texture. Very common trick for real-time scenes these days

This will mean however the textures will need to be quite large to eliminate artifacts, so make sure your system is ready for that. An alternative would be to touch-up the textures in photoshop.

As for the AI being able to navigate the interior, yes eventually this will happen (if that was the question) but it's not something I plan on doing upon initial release, probably in later versions. Trust me, I'd like to see some hostage rescue missions with this thing myself.

Edited by SpecOp9

yes, but not in-game. I placed them around the lobby for an accurate size reference.

This is going to make for some amazing counter terrorism scenarios! I think, *cough* you should remake the most popular buildings for counter terrorism :P

This reminds me of three kings hotel in Panau (Just Cause 2 island). I really wish all these amazing openworld games made the buildings enter-able. Since it's a warzone I don't think private property really makes much of a difference as to whether soldiers can go inside buildings.

Now, I need to work out how to subscribe to threads.

Edited by Saliiim

Question, would it be possible for you to make all the towers/futuristic buildings in the UAE? I don't really mind if you can go in them or not but I "REALLY" want to see those buildings in Arma 3." I know this is a lot to ask and in many respect unreasonable to ask of a single individual but so far you are the only person I could find doing this kind of building modding." Also can you or do you know anyone how can do extremely well done flora modding p such a Cheery Blossom Trees and so on? Please consider my request and as a final note I truly love your modding so far and can't wait to use them." :)

I really wish all these amazing openworld games made the buildings enter-able.

And who doesn't?

Anyways..just to make a building enterable compared to it's "card board form" it's automatically 10x times of work (100x for this size). but an

also realistic reason is the poly count.

RV engine will not be able to render the needed amount of polygons for this hotel to look like a big hotel-and i m worrying

also for geometry problems and non-affordable lag imho