Sign in to follow this  
R.Neville

BinPBO not packing all files

I've been trying to edit the DayZ Server pbo for days now and have used multiple tools including BinPBO. Have gotten a private key and all that junk but it seems when I pack and binarize the dayz_server.pbo and upload it, it hangs at an Auth screen.

Now, I've checked the .rpt and it seem that 2 sqf's aren't being read or included in the pbo. I've checked the pbo multiple times and have confirmed that the files exist before uploading but always get this hang and .rpt error.

This seems to happen with any program I seem to use to pack the pbo.

What the .rpt is telling me is:

Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf not found

Warning Message: Script z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf not found

I am using a working pbo from a Reality build which works fine directly uploaded from the deploy folder, so that's not the issue. It's when I edit that server.pbo is when it is becoming a massive headache at the moment.

Would be most excellent to get some insight on whether I'm doing something wrong or it's just the tools I'm using. Seems I can edit the mission file all day long without issue but am really looking to get into customizing the mod a bit to my liking. Thanks in advance!

Edited by JMan44

It seems you wont get an adequate answer for problems with packing/unpacking pbos here.

I for example got a similar problem.

Just for testing purposeses I tried to unpack and then pack again an existing game file - before the procedure it would work fine - after packing it up again it wont work anymore. I have no clue why.

So i am with you.

Greetings

well if you are editing an already packed pbo by way of unpacking it you need to uncheck binarize. you only want to pack the files back up not binarize.

binarizing and already packed pbo can cause issues which most likely is what you are seeing

well if you are editing an already packed pbo by way of unpacking it you need to uncheck binarize. you only want to pack the files back up not binarize.

binarizing and already packed pbo can cause issues which most likely is what you are seeing

Thanks, I did try with binarize unchecked and still was a no go. I gave up on BinPBO and every other tool I could find didn't work, except for one. PboView did the trick and is doing what I need it to do regarding DayZ pbo's. Just thought I would chime in with what worked for me. :)

BinPBO only works when you use ALL data within the proper environment, i.e. P drive and all the various CA items.

And as M1lkm8n said, its designed to Binarize and pack ORIGINAL material, not trying to reverse engineer others.

Various other community tools do what you want, but will never Binarize an addon.

I dont think they can produce valid signature files .....