Sign in to follow this  
cross888

Heads character customisation

Would you like to see more Non High and Tight Hair cuts on your character heads.  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see more Non High and Tight Hair cuts on your character heads.

• Yes, some variation would make me look more Tier 1.
    • No, I'm happy looking like a Phase 1 basic Recruit.

Hello another question

Will BI be making any more heads for ARMA3 as it seems all the heads seem to look like high and tight US Marines. It would be nice if you guys could model in some fellas with longer hair, facial hair etc.

For example most civilians don't have short short hair.

And most SF Guys have long hair to make them look less military for low profile ops, so i was wondering do you guys at BI have any intention off adding more heads to game.

Hello another question

Will BI be making any more heads for ARMA3 as it seems all the heads seem to look like high and tight US Marines. It would be nice if you guys could model in some fellas with longer hair, facial hair etc.

For example most civilians don't have short short hair.

And most SF Guys have long hair to make them look less military for low profile ops, so i was wondering do you guys at BI have any intention off adding more heads to game.

Most people today do have short hair. Short hair, not haircut. I doubt most SF guys have long hair (besides, how do you know what most SF guys have? You're not SF). SF guys in the middle east have long beards, but that's more because it's the culture in the middle east. There's no need for SF to have beards on Stratis. Besides, the beards and long hair is only an operational thing anyway. They still conform to military standards when they get back to their country of origin. It'd be nice to have some bearded heads (and by that I mean modeled on beards not just beard texture). However it's just not appropriate for Arma 3. Also, these guys aren't SF. Pretty sure they're US Army 7th ID. Meaning they shouldn't have ANY facial hair besides mustaches.

Should be more like this! It's not unusual that Norwegian soldiers have beard. This guy is from US. Would be nice if they could add some real beard.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvmqFL0_GaFhPH93aGQ2IfcRbpU-Fwbdze2FZV8CxrC8pwagsx

Edited by Heradon

i'm fine without it. beards are becoming like a "tacticool" item thanks to medal of honor/warfighter. bis already missed the chance to include them for arma 2 and oa.

I do kind of miss the two full bearded faces from Operation Arrowhead.

As a man with a beard, I'd love to have better beard options. The hair doesn't bug me since the soldiers are always wearing some sort of head cover, and the only civvies I know with long hair are dealers and wookies. Long hair isn't "in style" any more it seems.

It really bugs me that nine out of ten polls here are worded in such a leading fashion. It makes the poll completely invalid. Your opinions go in your post, not the poll. :(

Edited by Fuse

Soldiers grow beards pretty much only in Afghanistan and mostly SF soldiers, or soldiers that are embedded or have frequent contacts with the locals, because beard is a sing of maturity and pretty much mandatory for men in Afghanistan, also it is a good disguise when embedded with the locals.

Soldiers grow beards pretty much only in Afghanistan and mostly SF soldiers, or soldiers that are embedded or have frequent contacts with the locals, because beard is a sing of maturity and pretty much mandatory for men in Afghanistan, also it is a good disguise when embedded with the locals.

I don't think we need a whole lot of bearded faces, but a little more variety would be a nice addition. Some players rely on being able to recognize a specific player's face and facial hair is easy to recognize, even at a slight distance.

Of course it's a very minor concern. Unless BI is already planning on doing more faces then I wouldn't want them wasting the resources. There's already a pretty good number available.

*cue sarcasm* I personally, do not think highly of beards.

Anyway, back to what the OP was talking about: Yea more face and hair variety would be nice, and I am very confident we will get that. A2 has quite a large selection of face textures, not saying they're great but I believe the quality will be better in A3.

i thought they were a multinational force since they were nato.

They are US forces. 7th ID. They are operating as a NATO force and not independently as a US force.

Most people today do have short hair. Short hair, not haircut. I doubt most SF guys have long hair (besides, how do you know what most SF guys have? You're not SF). SF guys in the middle east have long beards, but that's more because it's the culture in the middle east. There's no need for SF to have beards on Stratis. Besides, the beards and long hair is only an operational thing anyway. They still conform to military standards when they get back to their country of origin. It'd be nice to have some bearded heads (and by that I mean modeled on beards not just beard texture). However it's just not appropriate for Arma 3. Also, these guys aren't SF. Pretty sure they're US Army 7th ID. Meaning they shouldn't have ANY facial hair besides mustaches.

Hello Antonie, assumptions are the mother of all f*ck ups correct?

Due to persec I'm not going to say what exactly i do in her majesty armed forces but I will say this, Where i work we get almost all of the UKSF elements coming through doing either jump courses or Forward Air Controlling, I've also done tours with "them" were as I might not be SF by British standards. But my American counter parts are "SF" :)

And seen as thou Arma 3 has hinted that they will be using UKSF Most of our guys have long hair due to operations in Northern Ireland. Not so much facial hair depending on the CBRN Threat depends on if they can or can't

UK SF Do not a hear to dress and discipline that most Regular battalions, squadrons, wings do because they are a low profile unit.

For example all the Blades and Shakey boat lads i know don't wear any form of rank insignia or head dress.

They also tend to wear either Crye Gear, DPM Jungle and on some occasions mixed dress PCS.

And I'm Not saying the 7thID should have them I'm just saying if I or any one else wanted to be a tier 1/2 warrior of doom I could look the part if I wished.

Edited by Cross888
efforts to correct my horrid spelling and grammer

Personally i would have like to see customized characteristics/Head/Face.

It's there for AGES already also for low budget titles.

Why not in ARMA yet imo?

Why does this matter? Historically, arma has had all sorts of faces to choose from. Why would A3 be any different? Plus the amount of faces to be released with DLCs and Mods.

Why does this matter? Historically, arma has had all sorts of faces to choose from. Why would A3 be any different? Plus the amount of faces to be released with DLCs and Mods.

As well as being able to use your own custom face skins like all the ARMAs before and including A3, if server admins got off their arse and set them to be allowed. :P

Sick of my snake face getting me kicked out of servers.

Yeah.We need stuff like this:

100802mohava.jpg

:cool:

And,as said above,it needs to be added to the game,not by mods since some servers don't allow them. :)