Sign in to follow this  
byrgesen

CO 08 Operation Airport Extravaganza - Dynamic Search & Destroy [Stabile Branch]

Hello people.

Heres my shot at a great dynamic Search & Destroy mission. Im still fairly new to this whole mission creation, but its getting along. I want to improve this mission as i go along, and i hope you guys tell me if you encounter any issues or think of something that could improve it.

Read, Download and have a look if it sounds interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arma III Alpha [stabile Branch v.052.103507] Mission

Mission Name:

Operation Airport Extravaganza

Current Version:

v.1.1

Changelog v.1.1 - 8 April 2013:

- Added fancy animation to complete/fail mission

- Added new text to start, no more no_sound error :)

Changelog v.1.0 - 29 March 2013:

- Added FHQ TaskTracker by Varanon. ALL tasks and briefing should now work for ALL players no matter what. (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151680-FHQ-TaskTracker)

- Added text at mission start (no_sound error popup, wont affect game)

- Added music at start and finish (free public downloads)

- Added Alarm, triggered by completing Bombs Away.

- Added Waypoint to show where the airport is from spawn (high difficulty will remove this)

- Renamed Info.txt to README_OAE.txt, in PBO, and added the file to the .rar

Changelog v.0.9 - 27 March 2013:

- Added Overview.HTML to give correct mission summary and picture in "mission selection" screen

- Added TAW View Distance Script by Tonic-_- (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151669-TAW-View-Distance-Script)

- Added more boats/troops/vehicles with % spawn chance

- Gave KA-60 patrol own AI grid (larger patrol area) + Added another chopper to patrol the airport with % spawn chance

Changelog v.0.8.8 - 26 March 2013:

- Moved rubber boats abit at Blufor spawns, they can actually be used now. (stuck before)

- Found another way to hide AI map markers used by UPS, from the player

- Re-worked the Task modules so it should work for EVERY player now (need confirmation in MP) (internal test indicates it works well now, dunno if completion is synched between players though)

- New loading screen image (Thx D34)

- Removed all mines, they will cause TK'ing by AI until fixed by BI

- FIXED: The correct ID for the control tower is now set, you should be able to complete "Bombs Away" (BI changed it at some point lol)

- Changes to the player roles in the squads: Razor is now AT/EXP squad and Ghost is RECKON/SNIPER squad - Forces better cooperation as one squad "needs" the other to complete

- Lowered the distance Opfor should move away when engaging Blufor (Hopefully they dont run like crazy now)

- Corrected the order of units in the lobby and added group names / squad leaders to it

Changelog v.0.8.6 - 25 March 2013:

- Removed BTC - Revive. It didnt do what i wanted, unfortunatly.

- FIXED: some typo's heh

Changelog v.0.8.5 - 25 March 2013:

- Added BTC - Revive script. People with Med Kits should now be able to revive other people. NEED confirmation on this, cant test it alone (http://www.giallustio.altervista.org/pages/=BTC=_revive.php)

- Re-added an Ifrit patrol, forgot it after this mornings update on the [stabile Branch]

Changelog v.0.8.1 - 25 March 2013 (HOTFIX):

- Problems with UPS and the VIP group was resolved. They now spawn random and move random again.

- Removed some rabbits, dont need that many lol

Changelog v.0.8 - 25 March 2013:

- Added custom loading screen picture, loading screen seems done now :)

- Re-did some task/briefing/loading screen text

- Changed civilian VIP to Opfor in civi clothes. He now has weapons aswell and will fight back and follow his bodyguards better.

- Added randomize script to VIP, he will now look different (civi clothes) and use different weapons each mission (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150633-How-to-make-civilians-as-enemies-and-equip-them-with-weapons-some-of-the-gear/page2)

- Added abit more intel on VIP for immersion's sake

- Added some mines around and in the airport/water around it.

- Added a few more empty vehicles around the map

- Added rabbits (haha)

- Added a few more ammo/weapon boxes (remember AI will use all of them aswell)

- Added Kildar Anti-Air script, so anti air roles has RPG-42 Alamut now (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151622-Anti-Air-Soldier-Converter)

- Added a few Opfor quadbike patrols

- FIXED: UPS script errors, they are gone now (YAAH)

- Changed Ifrits to the correct classname for the latest [stabile Branch] update

Changelog v.0.7.4 - 24 March 2013 (HOTFIX):

- Fixed: "Bombs Away" could not be completed, because gamelogic was spelled wrong -_-

- Changed VIP civilian skin, to better fit the scenario

Changelog v.0.7.3 - 24 March 2013:

- Removed AI from Blufor completely

- Added a few static guard posts for immersion and feel

- Added a few static empty vehicles for immersion and feel and new ways to infiltrate the airport

- Added a few static ammo/weapon/grenade boxes to simulate the sudden boost in military power (and help players if needed)

- Added more patrols around the airport

- Removed some patrols in airport, due to other added units

- Minor tweaks to AI areas, for the "Dynamicness" ;)

- Streamlined the tasks, so you get assigned to one when completing the previous.

Changelog v.0.7 - 24 March 2013:

- Changed Delta (variable grp1) to Razor (variable grp3), for some reason it made script errors with grp1 and Delta.

- Tweaked spawn points for Razor and Ghost, to create more immersion and feel from the beginning.

- Reworked AI/UPS setup, but 2 script errors wont go away from the main script. AI works fine though. (UPS:marker error will show up, but vanish shortly)

- Limited search range for game logic to improve performance abit.

- Polished the loading screen.

- Gave VIP body guards patrolling with him

v.0.6 - 23 march 2013 (raw release)

Mission Features:

COOP - 1-8 Players - Dynamic Search And Destroy mission with Exfiltration.

6:35 AM - 1. November 2035

Foggy and cloudy weather

NO Respawn

UPS script

TAW script

FHQ TaskTracer

Objectives:

1 - Infiltrate the airport

2 - Locate the control tower

3 - Blow up control tower

4 - Locate and eliminate VIP

5 - Exfiltrate the island

Prelouge:

The rebel forces have recieved a sudden boost in military power and effectively taken over stratis. Nato have been forces to quit politics and take to action. Intel indicates the military equipment was provided by a mysterious VIP, we know nothing about. Our spies tells us the VIP is on Stratis overlooking the "project". Special team Ghost and Razor have been inserted behind enemy lines and are to carry out Operation Airport Extravaganza.

Operation Airport Extravaganza Plot

Operation Airport Extravaganza begins with the infiltration of the airport. Intel shows it is heavily guarded and you are to proceed with extreme caution. A KA-60 has been spotted, patroling the area, so keep an eye on the sky. You have two primary tasks: 1. Locate the airport control tower and blow it up, to take out communication. 2. Locate and eliminate the mysterious VIP in civilian clothing, somewhere in the airport. Razor and Ghost are to exfiltrate afterwards, using either boat or chopper. This missions is extremly dangerous but use all means necessary to complete the mission, a lot is at stake.

Credits:

Author - Byrgesen

Thanks to:

Kronzky - UPS script

Kildar - Anti Air Script

Magirot - VIP Randomize Script

D34 - Loading Image

Tonic-_- - TAW View Distance Script

Varanon - FHQ TaskTracer

BI - For releasing this amazing series :D

armaholic_download_zps23ce6bd5.png

rsz_dropbox-logo_zpsd30608e4.jpg

***TODO LIST***

- Polishing up and smoothing out the "dynamicness", i believe it can be more dynamic then now, but need some feedback

- Listen to feedback. I need some inspiration and im open for ideas, as long as you point me in the right direction ;)

***KNOWN ISSUES***

- KA-60 doesnt always attack - Arma III Alpha known issue

- AI might get trapped in buildings, because of the whole "cant open doors" update

Edited by Byrgesen

Small update, check out the changelog above if you want :)

EDIT:

Please feel free to tell me what you think about it, if you download and try it :)

I am currently working on more features to increase "immersion" and make it feel more real.

EDIT2:

Ok a new version is up, with some immersion improvements, read above :)

EDIT3:

A HOTFIX is out. Damn game logic hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

Really great mission. Well done mate.

Nice one mate, appriciate it.

Did you encounter anything that needs tweaking? I havent actually had a change to try it out "for real" yet, only done minor testing, hence the 0.x version ;)

Updated mission with a lot of changes, but most importantly it works with the [stabile Branch] update (052.103279) we got today :)

Enjoy it.

Still waiting for some more feedback btw ;) almost 250 views so someone must have tryed it by now heh.

EDIT:

I also reported the main post to get the name changed, (remove WIP) read that was the way to do it, so dont be alarmed by the report peps heh.

EDIT2:

Rolled out a small hotfix for the VIP and his group. They should now work as intended again.

EDIT3:

Im currently working on the BTC revive, for medics, so i might roll out another update today ;) i missed a few things this morning aswell, given the sudden alpha update and all.

EDIT4:

Ok a new version with BTC - Revive in it is released. Need some confirmation as to weather it works or not :)

Sorry for all the updates, but its my first mission and im just testing things like crazy. It will stop eventually hehe.

EDIT5:

Ok....

Last update for today haha.

Removed BTC - Revive. It didnt do what i wanted and the overall revive function didnt fit well into this scenario.

Edited by Byrgesen

Hey,

Tried the mission yesterday with 4 people. We all joined alpha team.

According to you PBO it was v0.08. We had lots of fun playing the mission even tho we had a couple of bugs. So first of rep and many thanks for the mission. Not many missions around so I am rather thankful for the time you put into this.

Btw if you wonder why no one replies. They probably found this forum/thread by google when searching for mission files, tried your mission (and loved it?) but find the registration process of this forum rather annoying (as do I).

Anyway the bugs we encountered,

-VIP died when we where about 2km from airfield. Probably a bug? or he killed himself by walking over a mine? Not sure what happened. Not sure whether 0.8.1. solves this we only played the mission once on 0.8.

-We "bombarded" the tower with C4, it was successfully destroyed but the mission objective did not confirm this. 0.7.4 mentions something about a fix for this but apparently this is not working? Or could this be due to the fact that the VIP was already dead and our mission was to ex-filtrate the island?

-When we finally "arrived" at the airport all the enemies started running away from us, to the south/west. We had a rather easy time from there on wards (no more enemies near). I'm not sure if this is a mission bug or a alpha one, I remember reading something about this being a alpha bug.

B.t.w. the team we play this with is rather novice. We played the mission once on casual and 1 member died. Unfortunately he could not respawn, is there a way you could release a sepperate mission file with a group respawn as well <puppyeyes>?

<note>

if for some reason this post appears twice that's because these forums are driving me nuts. I posted it once but my post did not appear.

Hey,

Tried the mission yesterday with 4 people. We all joined alpha team.

According to you PBO it was v0.08. We had lots of fun playing the mission even tho we had a couple of bugs. So first of rep and many thanks for the mission. Not many missions around so I am rather thankful for the time you put into this.

Btw if you wonder why no one replies. They probably found this forum/thread by google when searching for mission files, tried your mission (and loved it?) but find the registration process of this forum rather annoying (as do I).

Anyway the bugs we encountered,

-VIP died when we where about 2km from airfield. Probably a bug? or he killed himself by walking over a mine? Not sure what happened. Not sure whether 0.8.1. solves this we only played the mission once on 0.8.

-We "bombarded" the tower with C4, it was successfully destroyed but the mission objective did not confirm this. 0.7.4 mentions something about a fix for this but apparently this is not working? Or could this be due to the fact that the VIP was already dead and our mission was to ex-filtrate the island?

-When we finally "arrived" at the airport all the enemies started running away from us, to the south/west. We had a rather easy time from there on wards (no more enemies near). I'm not sure if this is a mission bug or a alpha one, I remember reading something about this being a alpha bug.

B.t.w. the team we play this with is rather novice. We played the mission once on casual and 1 member died. Unfortunately he could not respawn, is there a way you could release a sepperate mission file with a group respawn as well <puppyeyes>?

<note>

if for some reason this post appears twice that's because these forums are driving me nuts. I posted it once but my post did not appear.

Thx for the info mate.

Bug 1:

I am currently working on the task/breifing modules. They are abit buggy at best lol. Will update later today. I also accidently set the VIP to start 11 meters in the air in an older version, so that might be what killed him ;) (in the beginning he was inside the control tower at top lvl, just forgot lol) And honestly im not sure if killing the VIP before blowing the tower will result in "fucked" objectives, need to figure it out.

As for mines, he should spot them. All test indicates the AI can see the mines and walk around them with UPS. BUT theres also a bug in the alpha, causing the AI to become TK's if a friendly mine explodes on them. Maybe i should remove the mines untill its fixed as one mine exploding could result in the entire Opfor team going TK crazy on each other heh.

Bug 2:

It turns out BI changed the ID for the control tower at some point lol, dunno when. Also looking into it :) It did work in the beginning, so i guess its the ID number. Next version will have the correct one, im actually testing this right as we speak heh.

Bug 3:

This could be either an Alpha bug for AI or a bug in the UPS script, controlling the patrols. I will tweak it around abit to see if it changes anything. They are not suppose to run away like that :)

Thx for the "contructive critisism" mate, i really need stuff like this to improve the mission. Cant test everything in solo MP heh.

As for respawns.

I was working with the BTC revive script yesterday, but i couldnt get the medkits to work proberly so removed it again. If im gonna add group spawns, it will not be untill the mission reaches a more stabile lvl and as you say, it has to be a seperate release :) Dont like respawn my self heh

Thx for the info mate.

Bug 2:

It turns out BI changed the ID for the control tower at some point lol, dunno when. Also looking into it :) It did work in the beginning, so i guess its the ID number. Next version will have the correct one, im actually testing this right as we speak heh.

Ah yeah. I remember that before 0.52 I could enter the tower as well (entered it in the escape from island mission). But when we played your mission yesterday I could not enter. At first I thought this was due to the fact that we had to blow up the tower but I might be possible that they changed it back to a non-enterable building because shooting through windows is (/was?) broken.

Just rolled out v.0.8.8

Try it out guys :)

Ah yeah. I remember that before 0.52 I could enter the tower as well (entered it in the escape from island mission). But when we played your mission yesterday I could not enter. At first I thought this was due to the fact that we had to blow up the tower but I might be possible that they changed it back to a non-enterable building because shooting through windows is (/was?) broken.

Basicly they changed a million ID's from 4 digits to 6 digits at some point.

Yeh some doors cant be opened now :( This could result in some AI being trapped inside buildings (random spawn and all), until fixed, unless the AI can open the door.

In my testing it was possible to blow up the tower without having to enter it, and complete the objective (v.0.8.8), lemme know how it works out for you guys :)

EDIT:

I might release a NON AI version, only for testing the task/briefing and stuff. Its alot easier to test with no AI around heh.

EDIT2:

Just tested compatability with Arma III Alpha [stabile Branch v.052.103507], which just got released, and it seems to work just fine.

Updated main post to the correct Arma III Alpha version.

It seems to have been nothing but a server crash hotfix.

Edited by Byrgesen

YAH, i got an Armaholic mirror now :) Updated main post.

On another note, im currently working on some "polishing features" to make it feel more complete and hopefully improve the dynamics.

One of the things in testing atm is % spawn change of AI and some more usermade scripts features :)

If all goes well i can roll out one of the lasts updates today heh.

EDIT:

Just rolled out v.0.9 :) Use dropbox for latest version untill Armaholic updates.

Enjoy guys, i think we are close to being done now heh.

EDIT2:

ArmaHolic is now updated :)

Edited by Byrgesen

Update 1.0 is out with FHQ TaskTracer, so now tasks and briefing WILL WORK no matter what :D Use Dropbox link till ArmaHolic updates.

Theres some other stuff, so its a "final" version i would say.

All there is to do now is to wait for you guys to try it out and hopefully tell me if something could need a small change :)

Enjoy.

EDIT:

Come to think about it, i think im gonna exspand it with more objectives and more traveling around :)

Edited by Byrgesen