Sign in to follow this  
terox

Server Admin Commands (Reference & Discussion Thread)

Purpose of this thread

1. List all known admin commands
  2. Verify any issues with the commands
  3. Update the Tutorial thread with this information
  4. Create a wish list which we can then put forward to BIS via tickets

I will update this initial post via changelogs as I am continuing to do with the tutorial thread

BIS WIKI Reference: In Game Admin commands

How to issue a server admin command

1. Open the ingame chatbox
  2. Type in the command
  3. Enter
    NB>> When logging in as admin, do this in vehicle chat, just in case you make a typo

PRE-REQUISITS

Create an empty "ban.txt" file and save it to your

• root arma3 install

SERVER ADMIN COMMAND LIST

(Known to work, (highlighted in Green))

Not working: (Highlighted in red)

Untested (Highlighted in black)

SERVER MANAGEMENT

• #login < password > : Admin login
    #logout : Admin logout
    #lock : Lock server (Auto unlocks at end of mission)
    #unlock : Unlocks server
    #missions : Stops mission, reloads mission list
    #reassign : Moves all players from their unit selection slots back into the lobby
    #restart : returns the mission to the unit selection screen, with all players in their slots and restarts the mission
    #shutdown: shuts the server down
    #Init : Reloads file defined by -config command line parameter

PLAYER MANAGEMENT

• #userlist : Displays the list of users on the server (use pgup to scroll up)
    #kick < Server Player ID > (First entry for a player using #userlist)
    #kick < nickName > (Second entry for a player using #userlist
    #kick < Player UID > (Third entry for a player using #userlist)
    #exec kick < Server Player ID > (First entry for a player using #userlist)
    #exec kick < nickName > (Second entry for a player using #userlist
    #exec kick < Player UID > (Third entry for a player using #userlist)
    #exec ban < Server Player ID > (First entry for a player using #userlist)
    #exec ban < nickName > (Second entry for a player using #userlist
    #exec ban < Player UID > (Third entry for a player using #userlist)

DEBUGGING

• #monitor 10 : Activates the server monitor which reports Bandwidth and memory useage Every * seconds via chat window)
    #monitor 0 : Deactivates the server monitor
    #debug off : Deactivates debugging
    #debug 30 : Debug reporting interval (Default is 10 seconds
    #debug von
    #debug console
    #debug checkFile expansion\Dta\ui.pbo
    #debug userSent <username>
    #debug userInfo <username>
    #debug userQueue <username>
    #debug JIPQueue <username>
    #debug totalSent 10

Changelog

Nil

Edited by Terox

I would love to have two additional commands for functionality:

1. #status (avaible for everyone)

Outputs Number of connected players, logged in admin, server locked, passworded or not?, accumulated desync.

Why that?

At the moment a serveradmin has no way to see how many people are connected if he is ingame*. Only way is Shift+P and then count the players wich might be okay for 12-slot servers but certainly not for 64+ ones. :)

Also from within ingame* it's not possible to check if the server is locked (#lock and #unlock give no feedback) nor who is the admin.

2. #plock [password]

Toggles between passworded and non passworded. If no parameter, is set, the password, issued in the config file is set, otherwise the password specified is set.

Why?

The only way to lock up a public server atm is the #lock command. This also blocks people who should join the server from joining.

#lock is often used to make space for clanmembers on a public server if the admin won't kick. It simply stops people from reconnecting.

Since there is no reserved slots, this is an effective way of doing this. However this is not the only reason why you would want to set a temporary password without a serverrestart.

The CIT has repros for buggy reassign and restart commands.

#Init : Reloads file defined by -config command line parameter

Atm afaik it is not even possible to test this. File stays locked by the server executable > one might be able to #init but file contents can't be changed.

Also noticed i couldn't edit missions on the fly, all files stay locked, my workaround was to duplicate the loaded mission folder > edit files > #missions to refresh listed missions.

Atm afaik it is not even possible to test this. File stays locked by the server executable > one might be able to #init but file contents can't be changed.

Also noticed i couldn't edit missions on the fly, all files stay locked, my workaround was to duplicate the loaded mission folder > edit files > #missions to refresh listed missions.

Yep its only really useable in a linux environment

This has always been the case

Think this is a good idea

It would be nice if servers would be flagged "moderated" if an admin came online. If this was a new attribute I would filter for it, and only play on moderated servers / where admins are online. this has become necessary in the last few months.

Trying to use #userlist to ban players using first number displayed (the one that is like a session id# ; consecutively assigned # as each player joins). It's the only one we can get to work.

Problem is that it only displays the last 5 or so players even with a full 50+ population. "Page up" doesn't scroll the list. Have unbound all in game "page up" kbd commands, but no go.

Is this a bug, are we doing something wrong, and/or is there another way to scroll the #userlist?

Trying to use #userlist to ban players using first number displayed (the one that is like a session id# ; consecutively assigned # as each player joins). It's the only one we can get to work.

Problem is that it only displays the last 5 or so players even with a full 50+ population. "Page up" doesn't scroll the list. Have unbound all in game "page up" kbd commands, but no go.

Is this a bug, are we doing something wrong, and/or is there another way to scroll the #userlist?

Open chat with - key before trying to scroll.

On my keyboard, "/" is the default key for opening the chat dialog box. The "-" key is a zoom function key. So am not quite sure what your answer means. I most definitely say thank you for answering, and so quickly!

What we can do is open the chat dialog box, type in #userlist, and get a return of 5 players - sesion id, nick, and player id. Getting the initial list to pop up is not a problem, it's cursoring through the entire list of players.

Thanks ahead of time.

what he means is that after you have opened the chat window to type #userlist and then pressed enter to get the list

Open the chat window again and then use page up to scroll up the list

Why I cant wait for BE an RCON, makes life so much simpler on server admins.

I can't use the "new" ids from the #userlist for exec kick/ban whatever.

Probably a problem caused by the new player ids..

nvm.. seem to work fine

Edited by SavageCDN

I can't use the "new" ids from the #userlist for exec kick/ban whatever.

Probably a problem caused by the new player ids..

If you pull up the #userlist, you'll get something like this:

34 CleverUserName 387782

The number to use for banning is the -first- one. User name and the longer ID# don't work (for now). It does put the longer ID# in the ban list file, oddly enough.

Note: you have to use the #userlist call to get this number. It is -not- the same as the in-game player #.

Hello guys,

for me it is the first time as an ArmA-Admin.

So far it was really easy to get along with the knowledge frommyoi guys (thank you for that), I just have one tiny problem:

is there a way via ingame command to load different configs? I want to make one public and one private/clan config with a password on the server.

Hello guys,

for me it is the first time as an ArmA-Admin.

So far it was really easy to get along with the knowledge frommyoi guys (thank you for that), I just have one tiny problem:

is there a way via ingame command to load different configs? I want to make one public and one private/clan config with a password on the server.

unfortunately not. However all you will need to do is create a second start up commandline with a different cfg parameter (loading a different config, which is an identical match to your original, except it has the password enabled)

Then just give your clan members access to that second start up option.

They will need to shut down the unpassworded server and then start the passworded server for this to take effect.

A few admins use firedeamon which makes this easier, however this will cost you money.

True in single player in Arma 3 You can fly in the air and put things So how do you fly the same thing only on my server?