Sign in to follow this  
Kommiekat

[SP Campaign] Eastern Turkestan Islamic Movement (Real World Ops)

Yes, in M2 our team like to stuck close to few rocks on insertation point. I don't use 1-1 there i give them order to move ~250m forward. Wenn they get there i use 1-1, after this they dont have any problem with moving. Prabobly its something with map in that place that makes ai have problems with moving.

---------- Post added at 07:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

About hostage script, yes its look little strange becose HVT is not moving (attachto ?) but i like 1 thing in that script, you can't give weapon to that guy. Wenn you use join or joinsilent command you can give orders to that unit and he can use weapons as normal soldier from your squad. This don't look to good wenn you arrest someone and later he can use weapons. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

In M2 that hint "Objective accomplished" and text Mission Accomplishead are prabobly from copy/paste one of my triggers. As always Kommiekat forgot to check them and delete stuff that he dont need ;)

About setidentity KK must choose all units in squad speaks chinese, teamleader with players ingame nick or teamleader with name and with english voice rest of squad use chinese voices.

---------- Post added at 07:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

I have the same problem in my I44 missions with germans, i can't set in setidentity voice to german. So my teamleader has name (not players ingame nick) but he speak english. The rest of squad use german. But i don't think it's a big problem. :)

@h34dup

I think this intro fits to campaign. I like that text (Heroes get importent task, we are going on patrol) or something like that :).

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Ps: i think that squad from intro that get's in to that chopper are guys from 3rd mission.

Yes, in M2 our team like to stuck close to few rocks on insertion point. I don't use 1-1 there i give them order to move ~250m forward. Wenn they get there i use 1-1, after this they dont have any problem with moving. Probably its something with map in that place that makes ai have problems with moving

Yeah, good idea tom3kb. Just use space, select them all, and move them to a location near by, then REGROUP.

Sorry about this... I don't know why it's doing this.

[/color]About hostage script, yes its look little strange because HVT is not moving (attachto ?) but i like 1 thing in that script, you can't give weapon to that guy. When you use join or joinsilent command you can give orders to that unit and he can use weapons as normal soldier from your squad. This don't look to good when you arrest someone and later he can use weapons. ;)

I know it's strange looking, but it works. I may change that later down the line...

In M2 that hint "Objective accomplished" and text Mission Accomplished are probably from copy/paste one of my triggers. As always Kommiekat forgot to check them and delete stuff that he don't need ;)

About setidentity KK must choose all units in squad speaks chinese, team leader with players ingame nick or team leader with name and with english voice rest of squad use chinese voices.

I've still got to fix that. Thank god it doesn't break or effect the mission, but I'll get it fixed soon enough.

@h34dup

I think this intro fits to campaign. I like that text (Heroes get important task, we are going on patrol) or something like that :).

Ps: i think that squad from intro that get's in to that chopper are guys from 3rd mission.

That's correct, tom3kb. The patrol gets that boring job of patroling and hero's, (from 3rd mission) go out for action.

Only thing is, the patrol gets a real nasty surprise that same day.

Hey KK,

I just tried the campaign and I am loving that creative "prisoner handling" script as well as the very well made first mission. However, I am stuck at the second mission. I cannot find the map nor can I find any special looking individual (a.ka. Warlord) in this campaign. Any tips on finding those?

Hey KK,

I just tried the campaign and I am loving that creative "prisoner handling" script as well as the very well made first mission. However, I am stuck at the second mission. I cannot find the map nor can I find any special looking individual (a.ka. Warlord) in this campaign. Any tips on finding those?

Hi Mathias,

One thing I really respect about you is that you take the time to play these missions and report back. This is so important to mission makers, as you know yourself.

It's been awhile, but if I recall, you landed by helo on the street, correct? You need to keep making your way to the very end, going down the street.

There will be a few surprises on the way, but that's not him.

He's at the last house that's set up like a base/compound. I used a template for that.....he should be "setCaptive" if I recall.

I think you have one more mission after that one.

Pls report back any good things or bad things.

Thanks!!!

Hey KommieKat,

thank you for the compliments. Unfortunately, though the insertion went without a problem, I cannot find any map in the campaign, and due to its roughly circular layout, I have problems finding a "last" house. BTW, none of the units stands out from the others visually like having a special kind of headgear or uniform.

He is hidden in that compound, check "large bunker" made from sandbags. Close to walls you will see ammo crates, water containers and barrels. Guy is unarmed. There is table with documents in that bunker.

Thanks tom3kb!

Now I see what you mean by being difficult to find. He's in the OP room, bunker like place, ground floor, within the compound.

He should be unarmed, with two armed guards in room. There is a table he leans against.

Hope that helps.

Ok, I have since then skipped the second mission. Will try if feedback is still required.

However, I cannot beat the third (last) mission.... I just have a squad of 8 men to fight with against a village full of insurgents.... it always ends up with my squad lying on the ground in pain and me doing the same a few moments later. Surely, the mighty PLA could spare a few more men for an important raid? Or maybe have that helicopter circling the village and evening the odds with a MG a bit?

Ok, I have since then skipped the second mission. Will try if feedback is still required.

However, I cannot beat the third (last) mission.... I just have a squad of 8 men to fight with against a village full of insurgents.... it always ends up with my squad lying on the ground in pain and me doing the same a few moments later. Surely, the mighty PLA could spare a few more men for an important raid? Or maybe have that helicopter circling the village and evening the odds with a MG a bit?

That's a good idea.

Actually h34dup advised me to do that same thing once before.

There have been a few more occurrences within the region of China happening within the last year or so in real life.

I'm thinking of adding two more missions to that campaign, so if you wanted to you could do this:

A: Wait until I update the campaign with more missions

B: Keep going, don't worry about your shot comrades, just take care of yourself as much a possible and move forward, slowly.

Now, working on a mini campaign for the Portuguese Colonial MOD.

Hope to be finished with it this week and then I'll move back to this campaign.

As always, really appreciate your feed back!!