Hi Outlawled,

What licence is this mod released under ? Are you still maintaining it ?

Thanks,

To fix it, add this code at the end of class outlw_MR_RscButtonMenu located in defines.hpp:

Much appreciated jrog! :)

I don't think there were any updates in months... Luckily, ACE3 has a really well implemented module of magazine repackaging. :ok:

But it doesn't allow you to strip Cartridges from Belts and re-pack Box magazines like this mod did... that was a superb touch of realism imo.

SJ

I still use this mod for in single player scenarios as ACE3 needs too often to crack open the mission file and muck around to weed out the features you don't want to play with.

Yeah right now this is superior to the ACE version...

Thinking about releasing an updated version of this addon/script, as it is not maintained anymore, but we use the it on EUTW servers, so we update it every time BIS changes something.

Although, I'm not familiar with addon creation and CBA.

Unfortunately it isn't open source as far as I know, so you will need permission from the author to mess with it.

My suggestion would be to re-work the ACE3 version to add the features here and those you were thinking then push that back up to the ACE3 GIt for submission....

Much better solution imo :-)

Unfortunately that's not a solution for SP since ACE3 breaks when loading saved games. These scripts are now fully broken since patch 1.48. Anyone has any ideas about how to fix ? So far after a bit of debugging it looks like BIS broke onLBDrag for listNbox controls in 1.48.

Edited by Robalo

This mod worked for me (other than an error and black text) up until the latest update...now I can't drag magazines to the appropriate sections. :(

This mod worked for me (other than an error and black text) up until the latest update...now I can't drag magazines to the appropriate sections. :(

+1 - it is indeed broken, is Outlawled is still around here or we´ve got "another great idea mod broken by BIS and forsakken by author - utterly FUBARed"???? (at least ACE3 has this feature, thou not as efficient as this mod)

cheers!

Yes, the update broke the ListNbox drag (http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24736).

Possible workaround would be to use onLBDblclick on the mag list to send mags to the source area, from where drag still works.

Edited by Robalo

Possible workaround would be to use onLBDblclick on the mag list to send mags to the source area, from where drag still works.

I solved it with switching to the simple Listbox. Now the magazine icons are not visible and also had to place the counter before the magazine name. Unfortunately this doesn't support multiple columns, so still waiting BIS to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/B5cmipv.jpg

I solved it with switching to the simple Listbox. Now the magazine icons are not visible and also had to place the counter before the magazine name. Unfortunately this doesn't support multiple columns, so still waiting BIS to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/B5cmipv.jpg

Considering that this is a no longer supported mod, there is little chance of contacting the author for permission, I wonder if you would consider posting the fix for others to use?

Considering that this is a no longer supported mod, there is little chance of contacting the author for permission, I wonder if you would consider posting the fix for others to use?

I already contacted him;) Waiting for reply.

Edit: I would post the fix, but I do not think that would be the best decision without permission. At least I want to wait a bit for the reply.

I hope he responds and/or updates the mod, because the Outlawled Mag Repack is absolutely the best magazine repacking mod there is.

I hope he responds and/or updates the mod, because the Outlawled Mag Repack is absolutely the best magazine repacking mod there is.

Of course getting permission from the author is the way to go. I contacted a mod author yesterday for an unsupported mod and to my surprise he responded and said he's have a look at the problem. I have done the same in the past for other mods. I think most modders like that people still use their work and are happy to help if their is a problem. I was just suggesting that if the author has left the Arma 3 community distributing a fix should be no harm as long as a person isn't trying to pass the original work off as themselves.

We'll wait and see.

Good news: it will be updated soon. :)

• Like 1

You just made a lot of people very happy, thank you.

Good news: it will be updated soon. :)

Excellent, thank you for taking the initiative on contacting the mod's author.

• Like 1

Hey all, just started playing Arma 3 for a little under a month; already have 300+ hours. I have been searching endlessly for the reason why Outlaw's mod isn't working when I play Wasteland Stratis by Fractured Gaming. Finally found this thread. Thank you all for being persistent and on Outlaw about his amazing mod, too bad he's not interested in Arma any longer. Any news from Outlaw fixing the drag & drop issue? Would love to be able to use this mod in game for the first time...

Good news is that BIS fixed the drag and drop issue in Dev branch. Did anyone try this mod on dev to confirm ?

• Like 1

Version 3.1.2 Released

Hey, guys! Sorry I'm really shitty about updating/replying to stuff/being a human being!

GiPPO, who is a super great person, took the time to update my broken scripts and send me the updated script version a few days ago, and I finally sat down and re-figured out how to turn scripts into an addon.

Hopefully, everything is working now.

I didn't sign the addon version because I reinstalled Windows a while back and forgot to backup my private .bikey thing, but I dunno if any servers even use the addon version. They generally use the script version, so the addon version is really just for singleplayer. And you don't need a key for singleplayer, so...yeah.

Also, thanks to everyone for the emails and PMs of support and feedback! I really do appreciate it, even if it takes me a while to reply!

Here's hoping BIS never updates ArmA 3 again!

Changelog:

- 3.1.2 (thanks to GiPPO)
- Fixed: GUI bugs caused by the latest ArmA 3 update.
- Fixed: Not all belt magazines were recognized as belt magazines (anything with 100 or more bullets will count as a belt now).
- Fixed: Tracer ammo and non-tracer ammo were able to be mixed together.
  • Like 4