Just tried this out...great mod. A wishlist item would just be making all possible mags repack automatically when you run the command, since it seems like you're not really going to want to just leave half-filled mags at any point, anyway.

Or maybe just a button on the window to "Repack All".

Would it be possible to add a delay when re-distributing rounds? Like a 1 second delay per round etc.

I just had to stop by and say how great i enjoyed your video! haha awesome

Hey! Since I love to play with your mod, but retrieving a savegame pretty much brakes it, maybe here's a solution:

I agree with Pergor that your mod is great, but it doesn't work in singleplayer with saved games. If there's anything you can do to fix it, I'm sure lots of players in addition to us would be grateful. See Pergor's post (a few posts back from this one) for some links that might help resolve the problem.

Would it be possible to add a delay when re-distributing rounds? Like a 1 second delay per round etc.

Within the Mag Repack folder in your mission is a file named "MagRepack_init_sv.sqf"

Almost at the top are two variables for the time taken; the default for magazines was 0.8 seconds, I believe, but you can set it however you like.

Just tried this out...great mod. A wishlist item would just be making all possible mags repack automatically when you run the command, since it seems like you're not really going to want to just leave half-filled mags at any point, anyway.

Or maybe just a button on the window to "Repack All".

Well, the thing is, though, the purpose of this mod isn't just to make everyone's lives easier; it's meant to add something to the game that can be done in real life. Making everyone's lives a bit easier is just a bonus.

Adding an automatic repacking system is something that has been suggested several times (especially after v3 came out, when everyone was still used to v1 and v2 where there was only automatic repacking), but I don't think it's something that I will ever implement.

Sorry 8(

Thanks for the feedback, though.

I just had to stop by and say how great i enjoyed your video! haha awesome

Haha. Thanks, man! Glad you were not annoyed by the long intro!

I agree with Pergor that your mod is great, but it doesn't work in singleplayer with saved games. If there's anything you can do to fix it, I'm sure lots of players in addition to us would be grateful. See Pergor's post (a few posts back from this one) for some links that might help resolve the problem.

I created another addon called Moduload which attempts to solve this problem.

As Jackson Snow said, if you're using the script version, you can adjust how long each individual bullet takes to repack. If you're using the addon version, you're stuck with the default of 0.8 seconds/bullet.

Edited by Outlawled

Well, the thing is, though, the purpose of this mod isn't just to make everyone's lives easier; it's meant to add something to the game that can be done in real life. Making everyone's lives a bit easier is just a bonus.

Adding an automatic repacking system is something that has been suggested several times (especially after v3 came out, when everyone was still used to v1 and v2 where there was only automatic repacking), but I don't think it's something that I will ever implement.

Sorry 8(

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe I wasn't clear (or maybe you're still saying you won't do it), but I wasn't intending for the mod to be unrealistic. I don't expect the delay to be removed while repacking, or anything like that. I was only asking that rather than having to manually drag magazines to the Source and Destination slots, you could just have it all done automatically, while maintaining the same delay and even showing which mags are being repacked. It just seems unnecessarily long to have to click and drag mags into slots when in reality you would just repack all necessary mags anyway.

Anyway, either way it's a great addon, it just feels like an unnecessary time sink to have to click and drag individual mags around. Maybe that's what you were going for to try to increase the overall time it takes to repack, but you could just add more delay for the actual repacking and implement a "Repack All" function, in addition to the current system (in case you only have time to repack one mag or something).

Just a thought.

Anyway, either way it's a great addon, it just feels like an unnecessary time sink to have to click and drag individual mags around. Maybe that's what you were going for to try to increase the overall time it takes to repack, but you could just add more delay for the actual repacking and implement a "Repack All" function, in addition to the current system (in case you only have time to repack one mag or something).

Just a thought.

I think the manual selection of magazines as source magazines and receiving magazines is actually great. It makes repacking magazines a tactical decision: Depending on which magazine I choose as the source magazine, the process of repacking may cost me a bigger or smaller amount of time.

If I'm cought behind a rock, enemies surrounding me and I desperately have to repack my magazines this is exactly the kind of tactical decision that I want to have forced upon me.

I think the manual selection of magazines as source magazines and receiving magazines is actually great. It makes repacking magazines a tactical decision: Depending on which magazine I choose as the source magazine, the process of repacking may cost me a bigger or smaller amount of time.

If I'm cought behind a rock, enemies surrounding me and I desperately have to repack my magazines this is exactly the kind of tactical decision that I want to have forced upon me.

Again, I am not saying to remove current functionality, only to add a Repack All action that takes the appropriate amount of time, for times when you are between battles and don't want to take more time than necessary dragging mags around between slots.

Again, I am not saying to remove current functionality, only to add a Repack All action that takes the appropriate amount of time, for times when you are between battles and don't want to take more time than necessary dragging mags around between slots.

This function would have to be togglable server-side only, as it would give people the possibility to gain a time advantage in adversarial situations, of course. Then I'd be ok with it.

v3.1.0 has the following config error, as reported in the Arma 3 .rpt file:

File outlw_magrepack\Configs\MagRepack_Dialog_Main.hpp, line 507: '/MagRepack_Dialog_Main/Controls/MR_ButtonClose.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

I love it!

Is it also possible that you add empty magazines after the repacking???

This would be the next step in realism

v3.1.0 has the following config error, as reported in the Arma 3 .rpt file:

File outlw_magrepack\Configs\MagRepack_Dialog_Main.hpp, line 507: '/MagRepack_Dialog_Main/Controls/MR_ButtonClose.h': Missing ';' at the end of line

This... I have the same error. I'm using the script version in my missions.

Was just about to post the same error

When I try to bring up the GUI for Mag Repack using the default CTRL-R, my screen just goes blurry and the GUI doesn't come up. The only way to clear my vision is to log out and back in. Anyone else seeing this??? I'm using the stable branch of Arma 3.

Edited by Zlin

When I try to bring up the GUI for Mag Repack using the default CTRL-R, my screen just goes blurry and the GUI doesn't come up. The only way to clear my vision is to log out and back in. Anyone else seeing this??? I'm using the stable branch of Arma 3.

Problem resolved. I must have left something out of my init.sqf or description.ext. I added magRepack back into my new mission and it's working fine.

My error.

Thanks.

Hey outlawed, do you noticed @AGM? Its going the ACE way and its open source. perhaps you can implement a basic version of your complete version in agm? Would be great to have 1 mod that covers all realistic stuff out there. We use your mod and love it (and also agm)

About the error message:

Note the missing semi-colon at the end of the line in red.

Looks easy to fix. ;)

MagRepack_Dialog_Main.hpp

<snip to line 495>
class MR_ButtonClose: outlw_MR_RscActiveText
{
   idc = 2499;
   style = 48;
   text = "\A3\Ui_f\data\GUI\Rsc\RscDisplayArcadeMap\icon_exit_cross_ca.paa";
   tooltip = "Close";
   action = "closeDialog 0;";

x = 35.625 * GUI_GRID_W + GUI_GRID_X;
   y = 2.125 * GUI_GRID_H + GUI_GRID_Y;
   w = 0.76 * GUI_GRID_W;
   [color=#FF0000]h = 0.75 * GUI_GRID_H[/color]

default = false;
};
<end snip>

Apollo

3 Commando Brigade

Edited by UK_Apollo

Hi Outlawled, did you get a chance to correct that error in the script.. I'm crossing my fingers we can get this back on the server once Bis fix the MP issues..

SJ

Hi Outlawled, did you get a chance to correct that error in the script.. I'm crossing my fingers we can get this back on the server once Bis fix the MP issues..

SJ

umm this doesnt go on the server... this is a client side only mod... server just needs the keys... i use it all the time in MP just fine.. All the time..

There's an addon version for clients and a script version for servers, Lordprimate.

serjames, are you talking about the error mentioned by UK_Apollo, or is there another error I don't know about?

I haven't launched ArmA 3 in quite a few months, so I'm sorry to everyone who's been hoping for an update.

I'll try to work up the motivation to get an update out to fix that missing semicolon soon.

sorry i forgot there was a script version. but in that case if it is the scripted version, and it is known where the error is. im confused as to why they didnt just correct the error in their mission. no need to take it off the server.. again i forgot that there was a script version sorry for the confusion on my part!!