thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

thanks fox for updating armaholic

numrollen, i will once i get a chance to actually sit down and also address some of the known issues. hope you still enjoy it

itsthomas, i've never touched zeus but it looks like its only listing the objects that act as crates. not sure why its doing that, ill keep in mind to address that when im back

sonsalt6, thanks for updating, i wasnt aware it was on six :)

Sorry I havnt' been in touch over helping out witha demo for the release. I've had the RL issues and GU stuff to contend with of late myself so I really haven't done much in the way of putting anything together. I can assure you though, when I get around to making another map of somesort I will be using this addon to fill the gaps where I think I need them. So glad that there is something like this out, I couldn't have made the ISS look authentic otherwise. :dance:

no worries ;) just finally wanted to push this out, at least, what i had done anyways

Hey Thedog88,

We updated to the newest version a day before. Since then we have on every launch an error message about ladders and classes.

I hope you do not mind, but I have taken a peek into your config. I saw that you use frequently this definition inside your cfgvehicles: ladders[] = {};

I removed that part, Packed it up and the error was gone. From what I can say, the ARP Objects still load perfectly.

Somebody else getting those error messages?

Best regards

Mag

hey man, thats good to hear. i will see about going in an making a hotfix for this. thanks for the info :)

Good job!!! this mod is essential for arma.

Someone know how to make objects allow damage when place a charge?? or allow for example keycards to pick up from floor as item??

many thanks!!!

Good job!!! this mod is essential for arma.

Someone know how to make objects allow damage when place a charge?? or allow for example keycards to pick up from floor as item??

many thanks!!!

hey man, the key cards are actual items in the mod, if you check the class name list you can find them. from there it would be as simple as placing them via script. im sure theres something out there. good luck and thank you for the positive feedback.

there seems to be an error now in my editor aswell when the Icarus Solar Template is loaded, with the updated version of ARP. What I did was rename the @ folder to ARP2v2, so I still had the old one. It won't load with that file enabled. So what I was thinking, to save me a helluva lot of time to update my template. Can I host the previous verison on Dropbox please? that way people won't need to worry about the errors for the time being until I get round to finishing an update on the map.;

Hello

Is this still being worked on? I really like this mod, but I hate seeing errors and I'm still getting a ladders error whenever I try to run it. I don't know what's going on but it's been almost a month since the last post.

The dog88 did say he was going to afghan with his unit, so i think its safe to say its on hold until he returns.

The dog88 did say he was going to afghan with his unit, so i think its safe to say its on hold until he returns.

No Fun & Games there. They shoot back for real. Wish him the best.

well, any way to get these objects to show up in Zeus or MCC? I just discovered that you can edit a mission in 3D and then save it to SQM and now I can't find these great objects in Zeus or MCC and it's a huge bummer

Hey Thedog88,

We updated to the newest version a day before. Since then we have on every launch an error message about ladders and classes.

I hope you do not mind, but I have taken a peek into your config. I saw that you use frequently this definition inside your cfgvehicles: ladders[] = {};

I removed that part, Packed it up and the error was gone. From what I can say, the ARP Objects still load perfectly.

Best regards

Mag

Hi could you upload the file that need to change someone were so i can fix the error too ? not real handy with editing stuff :(

well, any way to get these objects to show up in Zeus or MCC? I just discovered that you can edit a mission in 3D and then save it to SQM and now I can't find these great objects in Zeus or MCC and it's a huge bummer

Download MCC and use it's 3D editor. Not as pretty as Zeus but a lot more funtional.

Hi could you upload the file that need to change someone were so i can fix the error too ? not real handy with editing stuff :(

I'm in contact with TheDog88. I will send him the file over. BUT wierdly enough, I do not get the ladder error anymore (even with a freshly downloaded version from Armaholic). So I assume it was a mod combination which caused the error to popup (Maybe A3MP).

TheDog will probably upload the "hotfix" somewhen this evening or tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Thanks bud.

The ladder error happens to me only when I have MCC and ARP2 active at the same time. Took forever but I narrowed it down to those two together. I love both mods so I just learned to accept it. Looking forward to the fix. Thanks.

Download MCC and use it's 3D editor. Not as pretty as Zeus but a lot more funtional.

No; the objects will not show up in MCC. I did try it, but if you figured out a way then please let me know

I know I shouldn't double-post, but these objects are really great and I was wondering if there's some kind of unofficial fix for this. Placing objects in the 2D editor is really a terrible experience and the ladders/scope error is so annoying. I can't find the objects in MCC or Zeus, but if there's anything out there for this then please speak up.

I know I shouldn't double-post, but these objects are really great and I was wondering if there's some kind of unofficial fix for this. Placing objects in the 2D editor is really a terrible experience and the ladders/scope error is so annoying. I can't find the objects in MCC or Zeus, but if there's anything out there for this then please speak up.

best thing I can suggest for not having the ladders error is not to use MCC.

That's not really possible for me. There wouldn't happen to be some kind of alternative mod, would there? I love this one but it sucks to see errors all the time.

Hey Thedog88,

Best regards

Mag

It's 2015 now. Can you tell us how to fix this?

I'm pretty knowledgeable after a few weeks of toying around and reading/searching a lot but this is one area I haven't figured out. I found what you were talking about in the config viewer but I have no earthly idea how to delete it. I de-PBO'ed the addon and still couldn't find it unless I'm just exhausted, blind, or both.

Obviously if you're doing it for yourself and your squad, it'd be hypocritical of you to not at least tell us how to do it as if it were a principle of morals... I know releasing it yourself would be wrong. It's been six or seven months since this was last discussed. I'm sure he wouldn't mind as long as we're enjoying his mod.

Thank you.

Edited by dblack850

two things I want to know is, if Thedog88 is not around to fix this mod anymore:

1. How to edit the mod so that it no longer shows that error when MCC is loaded

2. How to make it available in Zeus/MCC so that we can place the objects in 3D and not have to mess around with the 2D editor. otherwise it's not worth my time using most of the wonderful objects here, which is a shame

I invariably want to attach these objects to a building, so what I do is this :

1. Add the objects in the editor and name them (including the building - CTF101 editor is great for this, it adds all the 'hidden' objects which are in-game but not in the editor)

2. Fire up Preview mode and, in the debug screen execute the following (substituting <obj> with the name of your object and <bldg> with the name of your building

detach <obj>; <obj> attachTo [<bldg>, [0,0,0]]

For a standard HQ building, this attaches the object to the building just a little above the roof. You can offset the position of the object by tweaking the [0,0,0] part of the command. The 'detach' command allows you to simply tweak and re-run the command however many times you like. Remember, to move the object down the offset needs to have a negative Y value. Add a <obj> setDir ((dir <bldg>) + <value>) (where <value> is between 0 and 359) to set the direction of the object relative to the current direction of the building. This should allow you to set your building down at any arbitrary angle and have the objects in it line up every time.

Once you have the correct values, copy the 'attachTo' and 'setDir' commands to your clipboard, quit out of preview and add it to the Init field of your object.

It's a little tedious, I'll grant you that, but no MCC or Zeus configuration are harmed in the making of this building and Nirvarma is restored :)

Edited by glennog

Dont think this is working no mere..

Tryede the demo missions and have no feed on screens