thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

Ok, lets start :) hi all, i have add this pack in arma 3 and i used GID object pos. system and i map all positions of the objects in init.sqf what i need to do now in order to get working that stuff in MP and ho can i script. For exemple custom lights from this addon on/off switch and gate opening? but not from 2D editor..?

Alright so i'm trying to find a 3D editor, and I finally found the only stable one "Mission Control Center Sandbox 3". As I was getting ready to start editing my map inside a building I was going through the objects in the Mission Control Center GUI I couldn't find the parts in your mod. Am I just blind or do they not show up in the editor using Mission Control Center?

v0.2 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@arp2.png

@ thedog;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

So why did this never get any server keys?

PwS automatically signs pbo's if they have no signature and processes public server keys to allow full multiplayer compatibility.

is there someone who can explain how those images can be applied to the screens. I'm particulaly keen to know how you got the stratis map in the bottom left of the TOC screen on there.

is there a generic way to put custom images on the TOC's and monitor screens?

thanks

Alright so i'm trying to find a 3D editor, and I finally found the only stable one "Mission Control Center Sandbox 3". As I was getting ready to start editing my map inside a building I was going through the objects in the Mission Control Center GUI I couldn't find the parts in your mod. Am I just blind or do they not show up in the editor using Mission Control Center?

In the SP editor I found them in Empty/training. Not sure if it'll be the same in MCC?? Worth a try though. When you place them on the 2d map they show as red dots with ARP written next to them. I found as well, that what ever way the ARP text is facing is generally the front of the object.

They cant be find in MCC editor. And there is a way to use the 3D editor in A3.

1. It's easy you just have to creata mission.biedi file in your mission map. ( file format for 3d editor)

2. Enter this in a shortcut "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\...\mission.biedi"

Can you make video for mcc, and also for 2D editor? Because we have a hard time placing with 2D editor and in MCC we cant make working?

Does anyone have an idea how to make the security cams stay static? I've seen a camera target object are these linked? If so, how?

is it just me, or is the mod broken as of the latest update to the game? I can't find any of the items in the editor. they're under Empty > Objects, right? I can't see them anywhere

is it just me, or is the mod broken as of the latest update to the game? I can't find any of the items in the editor. they're under Empty > Objects, right? I can't see them anywhere

I said it in one of my last posts, its in EMPTY/Training you can't miss them. they have red dots and on the map they have ARP written on them, whichever way the ARP is facing is generally the front. I've not used every object so it may take some looking at.

BTW, the last game update hasn't broken it, I'm still using it and it is fine for me.

I found them, but I don't see certain items I've seen screenshots for, like the drugs and server racks, newspapers, and maybe some other things. they're not in Empty/Training, but in Targets. the drugs were pretty important to me since I want to make police missions and things like that

Sorry my bad! yeah they are in Empty/Targets. lol!

I don't know where the server racks are but if you find them let me know please I'd like to use them too.

anyone got any ideas on stopping the security cameras moving please. I have asked already!

Thanks

yeah, the whole reason why I got this mod was for the drugs, server racks, computer stuff, and things like large crates of MREs and water bottles. I couldn't find the different key cards or key pads either

I like what I see so far, but these things seem to be missing. also, when I run the mod by itself without anything else, the objects go to Empty/Objects, but I don't see any extras. with mods (probably A3MP or CAF is affecting this), the items change to Empty/Targets. but either way I can't find the objects I want, so any advice would be appreciated

that's great, but how did you find the objects I was mentioning? I can't find the drugs, server racks, newspapers, just certain objects seem to be missing.

As I mention above I am using script.

Can autor upadate first page and explain how to put video feed or pictures on screens?

Edited by duzda

good news, the mod is not dead and i just moved from alpha into my beta package. i sent it out to 2 groups for closed testing and soon i hope to hear back. Code wise there are still several issues specifically regarding MP, JIP, and after respawn. Sadly the main coder on the project is overwhelmed with other things so i figured i would release the objects and should he find time ill push a hot fix for code update. i will do my best to rid the objects and items of all errors before beta release. sorry for the long wait, but things are definitely moving forward.

@duzda i know this is a bit late but there is a pdf in the pack explaining how to use. i am also including a new up to date demo mission that will demonstrate most all features.

cant remember who asked about destructible cameras but i figured i would share. did this up on the quick today. going to tool around with making it the damage model for the cameras so they might be able to be shot out in this update

f8hsi9D.png

That's fantastic! On the quick? Impressive. I hope some day I can get into modeling.

haha yeah well i already had all the components modeled. i had the camera modeled as well as the cables from another model. so i simply combined them and shifted things around. got a new texture in there too with some damage effects and bam, new model :)

hey guys, check the first thread, i released the new version today. real world optempo has been too high to allow too much work on this project so i'm basically releasing what i have right now. its still enjoyable and can make for some great missions. im deploying soon so i cant continue working on this until my return. i do have a few projects planned as an addition to ARP so stay tuned for that towards the end of the year or beginning next year. i hope you guys come up with great missions and scripts that uses this mod.

i will answer any questions for the next 20 or so days, so fire away if you have any.

thanks again guys, and sorry for the long wait ;P

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thank you for the updated version!

downloading.. :)

edit: could you make it so that all ARP objects show up in Zeus? Now it looks like this: http://gyazo.com/d77ba6ce190565dfeba07adf496bd991

And a way to pack up/ deploy the hooches from your inventory would be even better!

Edited by ltsThomas