thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

Example:

Put down a Unit (bad guy) then name him something. Lets name him uav1.

Then put down a Table and then put the Toughbook (laptop) on top of that and to

finish that, put down the antenna also next to the Toughbook. Set the elevation

for the laptop and antenna at 0.79 (which I believe is the Table height).

Put this in the initialization box of the Toughbook (laptop):

this setvariable ["arp_sc_mode", ["4split_on", [[uav1,1,[40,40,40]]],"256"], true];

The 'faux' UAV will now follow its assignment and track Unit (uav1) where ever that

slimy no-good evil-doer goes. Sometimes the screen won't load at first. Just move

around a bit and zoom in-out, and it should pop on. That example is set to Night

Vision Mode. You can use the larger screens as well. Same setup. Up to you.

Pretty mind-blowing! Real-Time surveillance YOU can setup...

Edited by Goblin

Example:

this setvariable ["arp_sc_mode", ["4split_on", [[uav1,1,[40,40,40]]],"256"], true];

The 'faux' UAV will now follow its assignment and track Unit (uav1) where ever that

slimy no-good evil-doer goes. Sometimes the screen won't load at first. Just move

around a bit and zoom in-out, and it should pop on. That example is set to Night

Hello was this amied at me?

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:40 ----------

Could the mod maker release a template for this mission, he made it and used the picture in another thread and it looks fantastic

2013032200003.jpg

Example:

AWESOME!!! Worked perfect!! Thanks!

Guessing for some of those shots you're using User Texture? Very Cool.

How did you get the Radios on the tables? Had a hellva time setting up a room like this.

The Radios caused the tables to glitch every time. Ugg.

Also to note - cannot use BIS_fnc_establishingshot with your Cameras & TVs running. :cryy:

Know how to fix this by chance?

Guessing for some of those shots you're using User Texture? Very Cool.

How did you get the Radios on the tables? Had a hellva time setting up a room like this.

The Radios caused the tables to glitch every time. Ugg.

Also to note - cannot use BIS_fnc_establishingshot with your Cameras & TVs running. :cryy:

Know how to fix this by chance?

@Goblin that isn't my picture that's the devs from a different post i was asking to see if he would release a demo mission to show us how he made it

AWESOME!!! Worked perfect!! Thanks!

uhm. if the readme included in the addon isn't clear, please say so. we might take the feedback into account when making an update. i thought i made it clear with fancy colours and all though but seems not clear enough :p

It was pretty clear buddy. I just was not getting it at first. Maybe just do complete examples like Goblin did.

For some reason the first time I tried it (before Goblins example) it did not work. So I was trying markers and everything else with the c1 name in it...

BTW - Radios use to work on the tables but since the latest Beta update they don't. I had a lot of rooms built with them working fine but now had to remove them.

Must be hard for addon makers when they keep changing things..... not long to go before the release.... :)

in regards to the template, sadly i dont have that mission file anymore. its all trial and error guys, it might take a while but its well rewarding :) good luck and i apologize i cant deliver on that.

Hey man.... love everything you have done here its just awsome.... I was wondering if anyone had figured out a way to get a map with unit markers on the screen working... its something I would love in my missions that I put out for my clan

Thanks

CC

good news everyone, i found time and went through the mods. i took out what was not completed and did a test on the things that are. so far i only got 1 coding error which bad benson will hopefully address over the next 2 weeks. im going to be out for 2 weeks on a training mission irl so i wont be able to put the update out but as soon as im back i think it should be ready. i might disappoint some people because i took out a few things i deemed ready, but upon further review there were some errors i couldnt cope with, visual things and what not. anyways, im excited to push this update and i know bad benson is ready for it as well. are you guys ready? haha cant wait to post it up.

@captainclaw, THAT would be awesome, but i dont even know if its do-able. maybe, well see.

Great mod! It's made high command missions amazing! One question though, is it possible to set a cam to watch a group rather than an individual? As I've had a few missions where the camera unit dies but the group carries on task and the UAV hovers over the dead.

@captainclaw / @Thedog88

Just place a Military Symbols Module down.

Then in a Trigger to turn on/off you can use:

setGroupIconsVisible [true,false];

The first is Map. Second is in-game. ;)

hey guys, model wise everything is ready to be pushed out, just ironing out some coding and it will be ready for download :) almost there, just a little more guys.

EDIT:

@ Victor1138, thanks man and i wish i could answer your question but bad benson is the mastermind behind the coding part :) maybe he will see this.

@ CalamityUSSOCOM, thanks to you too, and yes i agree. i will continue to add in things as i go to give you guys more tools, still taking requests ;)

@ Goblin, thanks man :)

@ lavbo0321, almost brotha, almost :D

@ myself... stop using damn smileys... :/

Edited by Thedog88

Hi Dog, well done on your hard work! So many in the community value your mod! Do you have any plans in the future to work on civilian objects? Or are you going to wait and see what BI bring out?

Hi Dog, well done on your hard work! So many in the community value your mod! Do you have any plans in the future to work on civilian objects? Or are you going to wait and see what BI bring out?

hey man thank you i really enjoy comments like this. honestly a little bit of both, no im not waiting to see what BI bring out but i kind of am, if that makes sense. obviously i would hate to make the exact same objects as BI simply because people would not download my pack anymore. however im not necessarily sitting on the fence waiting to see what they release either, just going with the flow i guess. im going to hold off for now on making new objects until this update is out, after that i will get back to it just so i dont mess with the coding portion while thats being worked on. my objects dont have a focus or anything like that, just happens that many objects are military oriented so if you have ideas for civilian objects let me know, anything goes basically. if you have ideas, i am always welcoming input :)

So awesome!

haha short and snappy, nice. thanks man

I really wish someone could make like, a domination game mode that uses the water bottles and MREs in your addon to eat and drink like in MSO. That would be very cool. Can't wait for the update bud!

I really wish someone could make like, a domination game mode that uses the water bottles and MREs in your addon to eat and drink like in MSO. That would be very cool. Can't wait for the update bud!

yeah im right there with ya, the thought behind it was for humanitarian missions. basic concept was that you could go to the pallet of water, grab a 6 pack, take it into town, and pass out individual bottles too. same for the mre's, grab a whole box, break it down into individual mre's. hopefully it can be tied into MSO where you deliver supplies to villages and it increases the liking of blufor etc. would be sweet, but i might have to keep dreaming. i would also like a food and hydration system for mso so you have to pack food and water if you go on longer patrols :)

hey guys, just wanted to show something i been working on that will be included as a template into the next release. some of the objects are still floating a bit and a few areas seem copied and pasted, that will be fixed, but i liked it so much i wanted to share :)

http://imageshack.us/a/img268/2517/e1nk.jpg (211 kB)

common work area angle 3, showing off the briefing area

4b24.jpg

supply corridor

xyn5.jpg

common work area angle 2

mtjt.jpg

depressing arms room

g0jw.jpg

FOB surveillance system

gwi9.jpg

common work area, angle 1

qqko.jpg

Command and Control room

Great job mate!!! I love how you are making the Armaverse seem more ALIVE. It really gives a sense of immersion, which is what I am a fan of. Keep up the great work.

Great job mate!!! I love how you are making the Armaverse seem more ALIVE. It really gives a sense of immersion, which is what I am a fan of. Keep up the great work.

thanks man, i am a big fan of detail and immersion which is a general guideline for modding to me, even if it's not necessarily functional. i really hope the coding part can be ironed out soon though so i can push this out to you guys. i decided to however add in a few minor items over the next few days, this wont have any effect on the release, so more toys :) wanting to implement a magnetic stripe door lock, a keypad door lock, and possibly a medium office printer, just for shits and giggles. playing around yesterday i realized i have different color access cards but nowhere to swipe them lol.

Legislator;2529223']This is looking very' date=' very, very good! I wish BIS would have included so many details in the first place. Good job![/quote']

thanks man and i agree, but i did notice they are working hard on putting all these details into the game. if you look at the objects they are putting in you will realize how much detail you can go into with just bis stuff. they provide the knife, i just put the edge on it :) hope i can release soon

Looks super awesome. I have similar rooms but was having a hard time copy & pasting into other buildings.

The rooms would explode! Zoiks. Furniture everywhere!! Love to see this released. Can't wait. :cool: