thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

I am being Dog's Father Figure. I am proud to say I have a very mature and grown up son as he excels in his profession :)

hahaha nice. thanks guys. i really enjoy this community :) anyways, regarding the rig. it will be a 2 part object. pretty much base and upper deck (simply 2 objects that you place ontop of each other or attach to). this way i can make the rig itself more elaborate since im limited on poly's/verts. but yeah, its looking pretty good so far :) you guys will love it :D

I use this pack all the time. :D Here's a little part of my base and my sleeping quarters.

2013_06_13_00001.jpg

2013_06_13_00002.jpg

I use this pack all the time. :D Here's a little part of my base and my sleeping quarters.

http://s10.postimg.org/pd9hbnrg5/2013_06_13_00001.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/iyagezkqd/2013_06_13_00002.jpg

haha that is awesome man :) i'm considering doing a competition with a prize, kind of like screenshot of the month type deal. but ill save that for the next release

EDIT: so here is what i'm working with so far. about 3 days of work right here.

tqgy.jpg

Edited by Thedog88

^^^ Now we're really gonna need that dive animation!

Question on PiP Toc display -they work very well except if the main Player dies -they often shutdown for some reason. Meaning, if you Teamswitch and/or not sure about Co-op, but is there a way to keep them active or use a trigger to detect if Player has died to basically "turn them on again"?

sadly not yet, the coding was so random that we decided to keep it as is until either beta or full release. we got so many different results it became insanely frustrating. time will tell my friend ;)

Heh a mate linked me to that image last night, and in turn I linked it to Dog.

On topic, it's not a bad little idea however I personally can't see how you could hide drugs or other contraband in a DVD case, and certainly not in a way for gameplay. Can you give an idea how that would work?

Alternatively if you just want stuff like counterfeit goods... Heh that's easy.:D

Regards Hawk.

Yeah ill see to add a few bootleg dvd cases and stuff. Good call on that one.

Heya Dog, great mod! It's the best I've found. However, can't get the PIP on the screens to work on the BETA. Worked okay in the Alpha. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Also, can I make a request for a pegboard to pin user textures to, such as intel, photographs, etc.? And possibly some sort of picture frame? I'm using user textures to create these but it would be great if I could give them more depth via a model! Just a thought! Keep up the great work!

PiP working fine here -though something was changed as it no longer shows explosions like it did at the end of the Alpha.

Mmm, maybe it's me. Sometimes it works ok, sometimes it doesn't. I can use exactly the same script for a monitor as I do on a TOC screen, but it won't work. Seems a bit weird. Are the TOC screens working okay? Is the Dev Build a bit dodgy for this sort of thing, perhaps? I've followed the instructions to the word and to no avail (yet, at times I've had it working perfectly!) I really want to get it up and running because I've put together a great HQ with loads of my own user textures! Haven't tried anything on a MP mission yet.

Any suggestions, please let me know! So impressed with this mod.

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

Also, noticed that some of the random textures for the screens are missing. Error screen says .paa not found. Most of the time they are fine, though. I think there's only one that's not there. Sorry if I'm not being very precise; I'm a bit of a newb with all this mission editing. But really having fun with it.

The missing .paa screen is number 14.

Edited by Kydoimos

^^^ Not sure - what random textures? Im running a live feed on multiple Toc screens and monitors pretty much no problem although there is an issue when Player dies they turn of and need to be turned back on to be viewed. Also using personal textures on the posters/billboards and only problem is occasionally you need to basically zoom at a sign to get the texture to load but pretty sure that's more a Beta problem - yes, an awesome mod for sure :)

hey guys, sorry to say, im knee deep in finals right now but after wed/thu ill be able to get back to modding.

what i can suggest is trying out the demo missions that should be included, see if they work. if they do then we know it works in the beta. also at that point you could simply merge or copy that mission into yours and change what you need. im glad you guys are enjoying my mod. since the code is constantly changing me and bad benson are kind of staying away from going into it more and are simply going to wait until its "final". we will push out one more update soon but like said, i've been busy with finals and what not. anyways, if you find any more issues please report them, also if you find a fix ;)

enjoy!

The missions don't work in the beta. Also are these objects broken in 3D editors like MCC and VTS? They didn't work in VTS (even vanilla things sometimes didn't). Same thing with MCC, except it worked fine with all of them and then stopped working mid mission. They place fine in 2D though.

Two more questions:

1. How do you get units to sit in chairs/stand over tables?

2. How the hell do people make such awesome bases? I can't place anything properly in the 2D editor and you can't save things in MCC without loading the mission to MCC's clipboard after you start it. I'd like to have a base I can merge with all future missions but it looks like the only way to do it is the 2D editor. :|

Edited by ghostnineone
Dear god auto correct fail.

In answer to your second question, it takes a lot of time to create a base; putting things on tables at the correct elevation, azimuth etc. Just keep at it until it looks right, making minor adjustments. Regarding the first question, I think there is a separate thread somewhere. I know I started one. It's very troublesome and involves the attachto scripting command.

So the test missions don't work in the Beta? I'll have a play around when I get home today and see if I can sort my PIP screens out. Thanks for all your advice,

haha that is awesome man :) i'm considering doing a competition with a prize, kind of like screenshot of the month type deal. but ill save that for the next release

EDIT: so here is what i'm working with so far. about 3 days of work right here.

http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8393/tqgy.jpg

Looks amazing man :) cant wait to kill "pirates" there :D

Excuse the noob question, but do I just add the pbo file to my addons folder? Any other steps I should be aware of?

*edit: Just re-read it carefully. Need to install CBA, THEN this addon ya?

Okay I think the PIP on screens are okay - it's the Dev Build I think. I'm having trouble with setting triggers too. Everything I did on the Alpha is peachy. It's just when I try something new on the Dev Build Beta.

Anyone have any tips on how to get custom pictures centered on Posters/Signs? It seems hit and miss and I'm guessing there are certain dimensions that always work -what/where are the settings for this?

use the default textures as a guideline. anything else isn't really reliable. maybe thedog will post the textures here. i don't really wanna do it since i didn't make them myself.

The missions don't work in the beta. Also are these objects broken in 3D editors like MCC and VTS? They didn't work in VTS (even vanilla things sometimes didn't). Same thing with MCC, except it worked fine with all of them and then stopped working mid mission. They place fine in 2D though.

Two more questions:

1. How do you get units to sit in chairs/stand over tables?

2. How the hell do people make such awesome bases? I can't place anything properly in the 2D editor and you can't save things in MCC without loading the mission to MCC's clipboard after you start it. I'd like to have a base I can merge with all future missions but it looks like the only way to do it is the 2D editor. :|

What I find useful is using the attachTo command.

player attachTo [chair,[0,-0.15,-0.5]]
player setDir 180
player switchMove "InBaseMoves_SittingRifle2"

(Use the above codes to get a unit to sit almost perfectly in a chair, with that animation)

Use this in a seperate script OR create a function from it. Change player to whatever the unit's name is that you wanna sit down. and change chair to the name of the chair you are using.

The same can be done for the tables and anything else you require a person to animate themselves on.

Then once you are finished with it, just use...

detach player

I tend to use the attachTo on objects that are placed within buildings using nearestObject ID and editor placed buildings. Then you can fine tune their placement.

I had an idea of creating a script for this very reason, but i'll see if I have time to do it... but my idea was to have a script where you can fine tune every aspect of the attachedTo object, then ingame you would be able to move the object on the X axis by 0.1 or 0.5 or 1 etc, then somehow copy/paste your attachedTo positions so that you can use it in game.

Unless someone reads this post, my idea and beats me to it, then go for it =)

I wonder if I might put in a request? Can we get billboards and pinboards? I bet they'd be quite easy to do. Just blank ones, so we could add user textures? Maybe a few large billboards to add the 10m custom texture to?A simple, black or grey, oblong square? :)

I wonder if I might put in a request? Can we get billboards and pinboards? I bet they'd be quite easy to do. Just blank ones, so we could add user textures? Maybe a few large billboards to add the 10m custom texture to?A simple, black or grey, oblong square? :)

shouldnt be too hard. i should be able to get back to the mod over the next 2 weeks. so im hoping to push out an update soon. the oil rig will not be in the update>>> large project, going to take some time.

Yay! Can't wait! Seriously, I'm looking forward to your update just about as much as I was the Beta! Yup, best take all the time you need with the oil rig - wouldn't want to rush it. Looking amazing from what I've seen so far...

---------- Post added at 08:47 ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 ----------

This is what I've done with the user texture. Presently I'm using the shoot house walls as a backing.83dc.jpg