thedog88

ARP2 Objects Pack

Thanks man. I hope to be adding a lot more to give you guys all the needed tools to make some cool missions. I hope that at some point my pack will be very commonly used but i doubt it will. Anyways, stay tuned for this upcoming quick release that adds some additional items and more functionality to the toughbook uav.

a little preview of the new UAV toughbook features. unfortunately the mouse cursor didn't get captured but you get the idea.

Having fun playing with just the ToC screens though that UAV Toughbook looks amazing. One issue I'm having is the ToC screen going blank after player dies/teamswitch -in SP.

Also is it possible to play OGV video files off of those screens?

Seriously loving all this stuff.

Having fun playing with just the ToC screens though that UAV Toughbook looks amazing. One issue I'm having is the ToC screen going blank after player dies/teamswitch -in SP.

Also is it possible to play OGV video files off of those screens?

Seriously loving all this stuff.

yeah like bad benson said, the current alpha code seems to be rather inconsistent because we constantly got different results but it was mainly a MP issue. should be fine in sp so again, strange. however im glad you like it and im dont even know how to play ogv files as is, let alone on a screen. maybe at some point it will work, not sure. ill keep it on the list because i think it would be pretty awesome :)

yeah like bad benson said, the current alpha code seems to be rather inconsistent because we constantly got different results but it was mainly a MP issue. should be fine in sp so again, strange. however im glad you like it and im dont even know how to play ogv files as is, let alone on a screen. maybe at some point it will work, not sure. ill keep it on the list because i think it would be pretty awesome :)

I have a cut scene where the action stops and the camera switches back and forth from a veiw of the players on the battlefield and a shot from inside the command center where "the major" is giving us our orders via radio. It seems when the scene starts, the monitors go to black. They work before the camera script, and afterwards I can turn them off then back on and they work again, but as soon as the first camera shot starts, they all just go black. Otherwise everything is great!

I did notice that when you are in cameramode they stay black. Im not sure if that is a pip issue or if its mod related but thanks for the info. See what we can do. Hope you still enjoy it.

if you have a screen shown in a screen they will be black most of the time. for example if an activated UAV toughbook is rendered on one of the screens, PIPIP so to speak. it's part of how BI limits the PIP to avoid sudden FPS breakdowns. i assume that a separate camera, used for cut scenes, will cause the same.

the screens work as intended from the main camera (player's view). everything else is limited by how the engine itself handles PIP/R2T. all this is pretty much uncharted territory and shows what the PIP can actually be used for if you expand it from the small vehicle screens.

so far i found that it is most practical for single portable devices like the toughbook or a limited use of it on screens. let's hope BI will put more work into the feature so it can be more optimized. always remember though. every camera shown at the same time is the game being rendered once again. so there will probably never be huge command centers with dozens of active screens.

one tip for the black screens. when we tested it and too much was going on you sometimes had to go really close to the screens to make them render since the engine will just deactivate them like described before. maybe try to really close with your camera to test this out.

if you have a screen shown in a screen they will be black most of the time. for example if an activated UAV toughbook is rendered on one of the screens, PIPIP so to speak. it's part of how BI limits the PIP to avoid sudden FPS breakdowns. i assume that a separate camera, used for cut scenes, will cause the same.

the screens work as intended from the main camera (player's view). everything else is limited by how the engine itself handles PIP/R2T. all this is pretty much uncharted territory and shows what the PIP can actually be used for if you expand it from the small vehicle screens.

so far i found that it is most practical for single portable devices like the toughbook or a limited use of it on screens. let's hope BI will put more work into the feature so it can be more optimized. always remember though. every camera shown at the same time is the game being rendered once again. so there will probably never be huge command centers with dozens of active screens.

one tip for the black screens. when we tested it and too much was going on you sometimes had to go really close to the screens to make them render since the engine will just deactivate them like described before. maybe try to really close with your camera to test this out.

Yeah i was onky able to run 8 at a time even though i put 12 in the mission. So pip is awesome but seems limited. and thanks for clearing that up bad benson :)

Thanks for the info, i thought that was probably the case, i knew you couldn't do the "infinity" view with pip, but i was hoping the camera view for a cut scene would just count as the players view and not count as a pip. Maybe BIS will think about changing that. Anyway, I'm going to be using this mod a LOT, and I thank you for your excellent work. :-)

Thanks and good to hear, ill be updating this a lot to add more and more objects. Again i am taking requests. Also, i do hope bis changes that since it limits video making for some mashinima.

Dog did you add the cocaine or is the list in the .rar complete?

Thanks.

Dog did you add the cocaine or is the list in the .rar complete?

Thanks.

hey man, the cocaine along with bags of weed and possible a few other items will be in the next update. this update is sort of a quick update to add extra functionality to the toughbook uav and the extra items will be a bonus. so as of right now, not yet, but within a few days, yes.

Sweet, you and Benson keep it up! This is much needed stuff :)

How about throwing in a recreational radio/stereo so we could add some custom music to it with playSound3D and such? I could see some guys playing some tunes while they practice on the firing range.

Dog,

How did you go from an object in 3ds to making it into the game? Is there a tutorial that you followed somewhere? This is something that I'd like to learn.

CANCEL THAT - I Found the O2 tutorials

Edited by pojo2k8
found it by search

Dog,

Another question for you -

In your stills, how did you get the soldier to interact with your furniture (like sit on a chair)?

Thanks!

Dog,

Another question for you -

In your stills, how did you get the soldier to interact with your furniture (like sit on a chair)?

Thanks!

It's scripted, he's probably using some kind of vehicle-cargo animation.

I was thinking, would there be a way to script the chairs so it has an add-action for players to sit on it and stand up again?

I was thinking, would there be a way to script the chairs so it has an add-action for players to sit on it and stand up again?

+1 x 100

Always bugged me with chairs in the ArmA series. It's just as annoying as Minecraft. You build a big house and can't even have a flippin' chair to sit on! In ArmA it would be nice to have a simple sit/stand action for chairs for HQ making and such without endless trialing and error trying to get them on the damn things correctly, especially when you have more than one. Hope something like this happens someday.

i planned to do this for a long time but didn't have an addon yet where it would fit in. arp_objects seems perfect for that feature. i'll make sure to put something in for the next update.

i planned to do this for a long time but didn't have an addon yet where it would fit in. arp_objects seems perfect for that feature. i'll make sure to put something in for the next update.

awesome!

hey guys, just got back from a trip to the appalachian trail in TN yay... anyways i did the sitting animations by putting those units in the sit animation and then i attached them to the chair at the appropriate position. was pretty simple just had to mess around a bit to get it perfect. they do tend to clip the chair because they move around when sitting but nothing too crazy. also once they finish the animation they clip through the chair standing so i would suggest a workaround to where the animation freezes at a certain point. ill talk to bad benson tonight and see what he has in mind and ill get back to some modelling tonight as well for you guys.