Sign in to follow this  
wombat50

A10 dive/speed brakes and plotting the course of A10's

Working on making a video. I have ironed out some problems by myself by searching but the two questions below have me stumped.

I have attached two A10's to the group leading A10. (see link for pic)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?de9isodt9os5527

I'm satisfied that I can give waypoints they follow, attack targets, and will land at an airbase.

The unsatisfactory part is the attached A10's dive brakes are always open and flapping around.

Messed with the flapsup and flapsdown commands but realized that the flaps are a separate component from the dive brakes.

With searching I have found no commands for setting the dive brakes either deployed or retracted.

I think brake in the control menu only affects the taxi and air speed but seems to have no affect on deploying the speed/dive brakes?

I would like to place cameras along the A10's flight path. This would be fairly easy until they get to the destroy target waypoint but after that their path is very hard to determine.

Is there a script I could run that would plot the path on the map?

Thanks!

No idea re: stopping the air brakes... That is just part of the speed control so unlikely unless maybe you leave all waypoints speed as full?

Other option is use unit capture/unit play so you can fly it as you want?

edit: Would also solve your second problem because you know the exact route the plane will take

Thanks Zodd.

Tried the full speed in the first waypoint but no affect. I like the look of the attached A10's in level flight

but they look very unrealistic when banking. So I will use them for only a scene or two.

Good idea about unit capture/ unit play. The only drawback are my flying skills. I have done it before and getting cam locations is much easier.

I did run a radio trigger that allowed me to plot the course of one AI controlled A10 on the map by placing markers and then taking a screenshot of the markers I had placed.

My way is not really what I was after.

Trying with limited success to run the tank busting mission in one continuous scene.sqs. When I get all the _cam locations the way I like, I'll capture the whole mission with fraps.

I will then edit with Sony Vegas. The hard part is getting the _cam locations and the time factors that go along with it.

Having fun with this even if it can be frustrating at times.

Using some a10's as cameras but somtimes they crash on their own(not shot down as the are set to allowdamge false) so when it is their turn in the scene.sqs script the shot is ruined.

I'm sure it is possible but I have no clue how I would switch the camera automatically to an active A10.

Maybe something along this line? http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/if

Portion of the scene.sqs script I'd like the camera to switch to an active A10:

_cam = "camera" CamCreate (getPos j1);
_cam cameraeffect ["internal", "front"];
_cam attachTo [j1, [-25, 0.2, 0]];
_cam camsettarget j3;
_cam camSetFOV 0.05;
_cam camcommit 5;
~15

A10's j2 and j4 would be the optional ones to switch to if still alive.

Thanks