Sign in to follow this  
Canadianmade

Bradely IFV

the gunner on the bmp is terrible, you command him to fire on a vehicle with HE ammo and he doesnt! another problem.

i dunno bout why bradley doesnt have AP ammo, maybe its not standard issue. the game isnt about equaling out every difference, else that would be boring!

Hard to kill stuff with the bradley gun unless you're the gunner. No matter what the skill level the AI shoots it semi-auto. If you want AP just use the MG.

This from my first site I go to when I need military info on units. Go to F.A.S Military Analysis Network.

"The Bradley’s main armament is the M242 25mm "Bushmaster" Chain Gun, manufactured by McDonnell Douglas. The M242 has a single barrel with an integrated dual-feed mechanism and remote ammunition selection. Either armor piercing (AP) or high explosive (HE) ammunition may be selected with the flick of a switch. The Gunner may select from single or multiple shot modes. The standard rate of fire is 200 rounds per minute, and has a range of 2,000 meters (depending on the ammunition used). A wide range of ammunition has been developed for this weapon, making it capable of defeating the majority of armored vehicles it is likely to encounter, up to and including some main battle tanks. The M240C machine gun, mounted to right of the Bushmaster, fires 7.62mm rounds."

-=Die Alive=-

The Bradley has 2 tow missles, these can destroy a T-72 or oliberate a T-80 main gun (try it), I don't see why it needs AP rounds, not like the small caliber will help anyway

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Denwad on 12:14 pm on Nov. 14, 2001

The Bradley has 2 tow missles, these can destroy a T-72 or oliberate a T-80 main gun (try it), I don't see why it needs AP rounds, not like the small caliber will help anyway

<span id='postcolor'>

It needs AP rounds for one reason only: the real Bradley has them.

Jeez, its an APC remember who needs AP rounds what you want to destroy an T80 with it?

HE rounds are mostly used for infantry,houses etc.

it already has a TOW launcher wich can destroy an T-72 easily(in real life tested in gulf war)

OK, clarification: I can't speak for anyone else, but I play OFP for it's immersion and realism. I hope BIS continues their tradition of realistic modelling. Anything else is just a game, not a simulator.

In the Gulf War, Bradley's destroyed more enemy armored targets than M1's did.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from King Kong on 1:53 pm on Nov. 14, 2001

Jeez, its an APC remember who needs AP rounds what you want to destroy an T80 with it?

HE rounds are mostly used for infantry,houses etc.

it already has a TOW launcher wich can destroy an T-72 easily(in real life tested in gulf war) <span id='postcolor'>

ever played the game armored fist 3? well the m113's in that game have rockts and all that good junk that won't give u kotten mouth.

Keep it real BIS! That applies to load outs and armor values!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone thought of:

if youre the gunner in a vehicle with a commander and driver, you cannot select type of ammo, that job is given to commander, so this may be your broblem.

either try being commander or cleate an empty bradley and get in without a commander, you will be able to switch then.

also, it depends on your rank too... (commander usually being highest, so gives orders)

If you ever loaded a Bradley's TOW launchers you would know why you need AP and HE ammo available to the chaingun. It takes a while. Of course the turret is essentially disable during the process, but at least you could lower the loading door if you could not finish loading the launcher and then respond to any threat with the chaingun. There were M113s with TOW mounted turrets before the Bradley was in service. There are TOW mounted Hummers now (I was one one after I got out of the Army and went into the National Guard). I don't remember how the TOW2 missles were rated against the T80, but I know they will take out a T-72 if fired accurately. If you want some cool accuracy, have dismounted anti-tank weapons like the Dragon or the dismounted TOW launcher. There is also one similar to the LAW but it has four tubes connected and fires nalpalm projectiles (can't remember what it is called). I think someone should make a mod of a Gamma Goat mounted with a TOW launcher and chaingun. Also have a water buffalo to pull behind the Dootson Half (fill it full of mogas and blow it).