Sign in to follow this  
JM0N

Mission: "SAVE-THE-DEVS" - Need help on 3 triggers to end mission

The situation: a pair of unnamed Computer Programmers are being detained for crimes they didn't commit by a foreign government.

The mission: A special ops team is inserted nearby with the task of rescuing the two developers from captivity and taking them to a nearby island for extraction.

I've got the end mission trigger currently set to Civilian, PRESENT, once, and end #1 at the extraction island mentioned in the mission description. And it works. Buuuuuuuttttt >

What I'm asking help for is:

step - 1 - firstly, how to make that trigger only activate when both Civilian4 and Civilian5 have entered that trigger zone.

step - 2 - secondly, a trigger that detects when all OpFor are dead and ends the mission.

step - 3 - lastly, a trigger that detects if Civilian4 and Civilian5 are both dead and BluFor lose.

P.s. I did try an unsuccessful trigger that attempted step - 1 - where i used a very large radius, basically covering all of island BUT not the extraction island and had the trigger set to Civilian, NOT PRESENT, once, and end #1. And I thought that would make it so that when I got both Civilians (hostages) out of the giant trigger zone it would end....but it didn't.

P.s. I had a similarly unsuccessful trigger that attempted step - 2 - where i used a very large radius, basically covering all of island and had the trigger set to OpFor, NOT PRESENT, once, and end #2. And I thought that would make it so when all enemies were dead within that giant trigger zone that it would end....but it didn't.

& the only way I even got this far was to watch all 9 of Jester814 (Macscotties) superb how-to-tutorials on working the mission editor in Arma 3 and use the resource listings available here in the forums. :bigsmile:

1.trigger

civilian present repeating

condition

Civilian4 in thislist and Civilian5 in thislist

2. all dead in a trigger? not tested this one

condition

East countSide thislist == 0

Or this for all the map trig size zero

east countSide allunits == 0

3. trigger

condition

!alive Civilian4 and !alive Civilian5

Edited by F2k Sel

For trigger 2, try grouping the OpFor to the trigger that is set for No OpFor in are as END#2. I use this in many missions to move on to the next location when enemies are defeated.

Or you can simply create a trigger, select OPFOR - Not Present - Select End1# and put gigantic radius for the trigger that covers the entire map.

Or you can simply create a trigger, select OPFOR - Not Present - Select End1# and put gigantic radius for the trigger that covers the entire map.

I mentioned I tried that exact trigger at bottom of my post (p.s. section) and it didn't work. I'm wondering if "Not Present" means simply moved from area and it still counts them in area if the corpses are there.

I'm going to try the triggers F2K mentioned here tonight after work - fingers crossed.

I did want to also mention that I'm using this excellent HOSTAGE - FOLLOW ME SCRIPT I dig up from here http://forums.unitedoperations.net/index.php/topic/13368-hostage-rescuecapture-script/ and it works exceptionally well !

Thanks again for all help thus far fellow operators :cheers:

I mentioned I tried that exact trigger at bottom of my post (p.s. section) and it didn't work. I'm wondering if "Not Present" means simply moved from area and it still counts them in area if the corpses are there.

The trigger IS working I just tested it myself and I can post a video to prove my point. You must have done something wrong.

As for creating a trigger that activates when BOTH civilian A and civilian B enter an area, I learned how to from MulleDK13's excellent Briefing Tutorial:

Basically you have to group the civilians to each other, then group them to the trigger, and set the ACTIVATION to either "any group member" or "whole group". It would be "any group member" for NOT PRESENT but you want PRESENT, so it might be "whole group", i.e. "If whole group is present, then end#1"

I had to name my Civilian 4 and Civilian 5 for the the 1st trigger script F2K Sel suggested to work. I named them A1 and A2. And the working script looks like this:

civilian present repeating

condition

A1 in thislist and A2 in thislist

Thanks for this :worship: F2k Sel

On the to the next two triggers >

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:47 ----------

3. trigger

condition

!alive Civilian4 and !alive Civilian5

This trigger also worked as soon as I renamed my my civilians:

!alive A1 and !alive A2

Again, props to you F2k Sel :jesus:

Edited by JM0N

Or potentially THE best game to be making it on!

Any idea about when/if you will release it?

Probably not the best game to be making this mission on

Why is that ~ exactly ?

What game should I make this mission on ?

---------- Post added at 14:15 ---------- Previous post was at 14:06 ----------

I am very - very close Zodd. Just need to get one more trigger on (and tested) and the mission is 100% what I originally set out to do. Could be done by tonight !

Only other thing I'd really like to do is have a slick opening that I'm hoping someone here in the forums can contribute on me with. I'm imagining using the real world headlines of when the Bohemia devs were taken prisoner but substituting their faces in the news articles with those of Civilian4 and Civilian5. And the cherry on top would be a slick visual fly in to the hilltop where the mission starts.

I could continually edit this mission Ad infinitum but eventually i need to set it free. QUESTION: Where should I do that ? Is there a thread for missions to download here in the forums i could contribute to - or this there a special site I should upload it to ?

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

Right now the problem I'm working on is trying to get the units custom gear I supplied in their init field to be persistent whenever they respawn back in after dying.

Currently the units just respawn back in with the units default gear.

[/color]Right now the problem I'm working on is trying to get the units custom gear I supplied in their init field to be persistent whenever they respawn back in after dying.

Currently the units just respawn back in with the units default gear.

I'm going to try using BTC Revive

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148085-BTC-Revive

So this mission has 4 BluFor - and for each of us to be able to control the hostages (having them follow and telling them to get in/out vehicles) with the "hostage / follow script" I'm using I had to make each person their own unit leader. Basically I just de-grouped all 4 BluFor players. Otherwise the only person that could truly control the hostages is the unit leader.

However, I now realize that if one of the unit leaders rescues the hostages he will see the end mission screen but the other unit leaders remain in game.

My question: how can I end the game for all players involved when any of the END #1, or END #2, or LOSE triggers are set off ?

So this mission has 4 BluFor - and for each of us to be able to control the hostages (having them follow and telling them to get in/out vehicles) with the "hostage / follow script" I'm using I had to make each person their own unit leader. Basically I just de-grouped all 4 BluFor players. Otherwise the only person that could truly control the hostages is the unit leader.

However, I now realize that if one of the unit leaders rescues the hostages he will see the end mission screen but the other unit leaders remain in game.

My question: how can I end the game for all players involved when any of the END #1, or END #2, or LOSE triggers are set off ?

I'll be more specific - How can the game end for all 4 players when the players are all team leaders themselves (Alpha 1-1, Alpha 1-2, Alpha 1-3, Alpha 2-1) ?

I don't think this will work but have you tried forceend in the on act of the end trigger.

I don't think it has any effect in SP but it may force an ending in MP

I don't think this will work but have you tried forceend in the on act of the end trigger.

I don't think it has any effect in SP but it may force an ending in MP

When we played and beat my mission tonight all players saw the ending ! So success.

I didn't change anything - we're all still Group leaders (all on OpFor).

Maybe it was a bug when we played and the group leader reported seeing the ending and being taken back to my server lobby after he won the mission (by rescuing the hostages).

Question: Do you have to be inside the trigger zone to see it activate end#1 if your in a separate group ? Tonight when we won and saw the end#1 sequence we were all in the end trigger zone together with the hostages. The time where the group leader beat it but I was left in the mission (while he was back in lobby) I was outside of the trigger zone when it happened. Hmmmmm .....