Sign in to follow this  
Caiden

[Multiplayer] ArmA 3 Stratis Life [W.I.P / Release this weekend]

I'll be releasing a new version later today which'll include new features, menu's, and lots of other new things and bug fixes. We're still working on the tazer script but for now we'll be leaving it as it is right now. I'll be posting a changelog everytime a new version releases so that you will be able to see what new features have been added. Due to some scripts needing rewriting I have postponed the new version release to today after having it throughfully tested with the devs and our testing team.

There's still a lot do to. But with the development team we have now and the support from the ArmA community we should be able to make the new standard for Life missons. The whole team dedicates lots of their free time making this mission something for the community to enjoy. Also please stop bitching about scripts being stolen as they are not. They have either been rewritten or made from scratch.

Edited by Caiden

Also please stop bitching about scripts being stolen as they are not. They have either been rewritten or made from scratch.

Well that's one way to put itXP

I'll be releasing a new version later today which'll include new features, menu's, and lots of other new things and bug fixes. We're still working on the tazer script but for now we'll be leaving it as it is right now. I'll be posting a changelog everytime a new version releases so that you will be able to see what new features have been added. Due to some scripts needing rewriting I have postponed the new version release to today after having it throughfully tested with the devs and our testing team.

There's still a lot do to. But with the development team we have now and the support from the ArmA community we should be able to make the new standard for Life missons. The whole team dedicates lots of their free time making this mission something for the community to enjoy. Also please stop bitching about scripts being stolen as they are not. They have either been rewritten or made from scratch.

Sounds excellent! Eagerly awaiting release! Oh and one bug I found (which I am sure you have too) is that when you buy a medkit you can not equip it because civs dont have backpacks.. maybe just have a first aid kit there instead?

Boats seem to be a problem i noticed.

They spawn to close to the shore and its not able to be sailed off beyond the shoreline for somereason.

Tried to play a bit yesterday... It was impossible. Constant frame drops and the worst thing TROLLS. Everyone just shooting each other and spamming global. Players login as Swat and kill everyone, throwing nades and sniping...

Are you goig to pasword the server, or will it stay public?

Changelog

Version 0.3.1

- Added a menu for the ATM

- Added a backpack shop where backpacks can be bought.

- Added the Assault boat for cops at the boat shop.

- Added a menu for the boat, heli and carshop.

- Added more weapons to the terror base.

- Fixed a bug where time would skip 5 hours instead of 1.

- Time and weather is now properly synced across all clients.

- Now added the impound vehicle and vehicle pullout option in the cop menu.

- Fixed a bug where ammo for terror couldn't be bought.

- Prices should now appear correctly for every shop.

- Added shops to the SWAT base.

- Respawn for SWAT members has been fixed.

- Edited the prices of shops, licenses and vehicles to fix balancing issues.

- Fixed a bug where boats would spawn on the shore.

- Fixed a bug where heath kits and grenades spawn into bought vehicles.

- Added a custom loading screen.

- Added the hunter for SWAT only.

[soon]

- Items drop when player dies.

- Making the "RP" inventory interractable so that items can be given or dropped.

- The ability for cops to ticket a player.

- Editing the bank menu so that it is possible to wire cash to other players.

- The ability to rob other players.

- Holster/Unholster script.

- Scuba gear and more weapons for the gun shop, terror base and cops. (Once we get the buy/sell menu working)

[Known bugs]

- Intro is too long (Will try to add an option to skip it)

- Sometimes switching between cops-civ slots results in scripts breaking (Reconnecting should fix it)

- Money and items aren't saved when player disconnects/crashes/changes slot (Working on it)

- illegal items are not removed when arrested.

- When cops search a player, his inventory is displayed to all cops instead of the one searching him.

If you guys haven't noticed yet. Cops can press H to turn their siren on

Thanks for your support and enjoy playing our mission,

Caiden, Zannaza & Ylguf.

Hi caiden,

when does the server save the money and the gear of the players like in the day z mod ?

do you want to implant this function ?

sorry for my bad english^^

mfg BecomeInsane

Hi caiden,

when does the server save the money and the gear of the players like in the day z mod ?

do you want to implant this function ?

sorry for my bad english^^

mfg BecomeInsane

It doesn't.... As for when? I dunno.

I played last night and the only problem I seen was hackers spawning choppers then blowing them up. Just gonna have to wait for battleeye for that. The mission is still very early and a W.I.P so be patience guys try to have a little fun. Hell I don't think cops can even arrest or ticket right now So if I act a fool and get shot I'm not gonna be mad. So far the team has been doing a amazing job building from scratch keep up the good work Caiden, Zannaza & Ylguf.

Would love to run this on my server and help you guys out, I will be joining in on TS and hopefully be able to chat with you guys for a few.

Thank you,

Migz

Hey guys I have an idea for the future of the game mode so hopefully it interests you.

Now with Beta coming up we will get Altis at one point.

Altis the main island in Arma 3 that is 4x larger than Chernarus.

It is a huge Island and with new engine possibilities there will probably be support for large player capped servers ~150 or so.

Even if we do or don't get that cap It would be amazing to see an extension to the game mode to fit the large island.

So here's my idea.

Lets have 3 Main factions: East Cops, West Cops, and civilians.

Lets also have the island divided into half: East Nation, and West Nation with a border in between.

Civilians can cross the border freely during times of peace, but will be shutdown during times of war.

Now what this entails is that not only cops will be worried about Civilian Crimes but also actions from the opposing country.

Say that if West country fires artillery across the border destroying and killing Civs in East country.

East Country has the right to declare war on West Country, scramble fighters, and deploy "Peace keepers" Into the country.

Both countries can occupy each others territory until some sort of peace is made.

So what does this bring you may ask?

Military, and Diplomatic Roleplay.

The potential here is tremendous, if an attack occurs then there may be a diplomatic intervention to keep the peace. Say if there was an occupation the Civilians of the occupied country can fight unanimously as a militia, or support the other side.

Civilians would carry out attacks on the occupying military bringing in a level of insurgency warfare to protect their jobs, money, and property.

It would turn Altis into a real dynamic world were players actions dictate not only the response from opposition but the state of the entire Island.

There would be times were it would be 2 countries co-existing, to War, Insurgency, and peace.

I have further Ideas to refine this, but I will hold onto them so you can decided to see if this would be a positive direction to take.

As a fellow player on you're server I am already impressed with you're work and I know it can be taken even further.

Best wishes.

Hey guys I have an idea for the future of the game mode so hopefully it interests you.

Now with Beta coming up we will get Altis at one point.

Altis the main island in Arma 3 that is 4x larger than Chernarus.

It is a huge Island and with new engine possibilities there will probably be support for large player capped servers ~150 or so.

Even if we do or don't get that cap It would be amazing to see an extension to the game mode to fit the large island.

So here's my idea.

Lets have 3 Main factions: East Cops, West Cops, and civilians.

Lets also have the island divided into half: East Nation, and West Nation with a border in between.

Civilians can cross the border freely during times of peace, but will be shutdown during times of war.

Now what this entails is that not only cops will be worried about Civilian Crimes but also actions from the opposing country.

Say that if West country fires artillery across the border destroying and killing Civs in East country.

East Country has the right to declare war on West Country, scramble fighters, and deploy "Peace keepers" Into the country.

Both countries can occupy each others territory until some sort of peace is made.

So what does this bring you may ask?

Military, and Diplomatic Roleplay.

The potential here is tremendous, if an attack occurs then there may be a diplomatic intervention to keep the peace. Say if there was an occupation the Civilians of the occupied country can fight unanimously as a militia, or support the other side.

Civilians would carry out attacks on the occupying military bringing in a level of insurgency warfare to protect their jobs, money, and property.

It would turn Altis into a real dynamic world were players actions dictate not only the response from opposition but the state of the entire Island.

There would be times were it would be 2 countries co-existing, to War, Insurgency, and peace.

I have further Ideas to refine this, but I will hold onto them so you can decided to see if this would be a positive direction to take.

As a fellow player on you're server I am already impressed with you're work and I know it can be taken even further.

Best wishes.

It is The XX XX Intro

Weird name but I found it :

Found Bugs:

1. I bought a medkit and got funded with 2000$ + got a gps instead the medkit. PS: why medkits are that expensive?

2. I cuffed a civ and arrested him, after he respawned, he could not move anymore, he had to rejoin the server.

3. It doesn't let you check civs inventory.

4. You can't switch sirene on/off properly. And sirene can be turned on by several cops for each car.

5. While playing cop I get three errors popping up.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18724737/2013-03-29_00001.jpg.html

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18724755/2013-03-29_00002.jpg.html

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18724759/2013-03-29_00003.jpg.html

Found Bugs:

1. I bought a medkit and got funded with 2000$ + got a gps instead the medkit. PS: why medkits are that expensive?

2. I cuffed a civ and arrested him, after he respawned, he could not move anymore, he had to rejoin the server.

3. It doesn't let you check civs inventory.

4. You can't switch sirene on/off properly. And sirene can be turned on by several cops for each car.

5. While playing cop I get three errors popping up.

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18724737/2013-03-29_00001.jpg.html

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18724755/2013-03-29_00002.jpg.html

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-18724759/2013-03-29_00003.jpg.html

1. I'll look into it.

2. When you get unrestrained you have to press "V" or "\" to get out of the cuffed animation.

3. There is a way to check civ inventorys. It's called "Frisk" and the option can only be used when a civ is restrained. I'll change the option to "Search" in the next version so it becomes clearer.

4. The siren script works for every car, due to some lag issues we have decided to put in a 20 sec siren, that's why sometimes it takes a little long to turn off. It will eventually, just wait :)

5. Error #1 and #3 are normal, that's a loop that checks what civs are in the game and then puts the "Tazer" option on them. I'll look into Error #2 because it appears the skip time function is breaking.

0.3.2 Dev update:

- The new tazer script is almost done (Stun with pistol instead of a scroll option)

- Menu's for all shops are almost done.

- Working on the interactable inventory (Drop and give items)

Release: Soon!

1. I'll look into it.

2. When you get unrestrained you have to press "V" or "\" to get out of the cuffed animation.

3. There is a way to check civ inventorys. It's called "Frisk" and the option can only be used when a civ is restrained. I'll change the option to "Search" in the next version so it becomes clearer.

4. The siren script works for every car, due to some lag issues we have decided to put in a 20 sec siren, that's why sometimes it takes a little long to turn off. It will eventually, just wait :)

5. Error #1 and #3 are normal, that's a loop that checks what civs are in the game and then puts the "Tazer" option on them. I'll look into Error #2 because it appears the skip time function is breaking.

0.3.2 Dev update:

- The new tazer script is almost done (Stun with pistol instead of a scroll option)

- Menu's for all shops are almost done.

- Working on the interactable inventory (Drop and give items)

Release: Soon!

Good stuff Caiden Thank the team for me

Sadly Tanith won't be updating the life mission we had in Chernarus, hopefully you guys can take our spot and make it looks nice :D

Today, I'm showing you guys a small preview of version 0.3.2

On this version, cops can finaly earn money with... doing patrol missions!

This job is going to have 5 patrol points ( might add more in future )

Here is a little preview of the next version [image is 2MB]

Map preview: http://r-gaming.com/downloads/preview.bmp

-Zannaza