Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Some random star wars addons...

i was bored today so i thought id go see what models there were to download (yes i said download) that i can put through o2 and make them work ingame, i got loads and loads of models including these...

untitled.JPG

untitled3.JPG

theres also some fantasy vehicles stuff and a couple of guns, i was just wondering if you want me to make these work in ofp or will i be chained up and stoned for doing so?

Hey, nobody stoned the guy who made the Speederbike! Import them, why not?

Personally I don't like the idea of Star Wars vehicles in ofp, I don't think I would go to the extent of chaining you up and throwing rocks at you if you were to release them though wink.gif

Yeah, if you have nothing better to do? (like a new huey*hint*hint*)Then why not?

the at-st would be a fun addon over-all. I dont see the big deal about people realesing addons that arent realistic, if you dont like it then dont download, sheesh, you dont have to have anything to do with it.

I really dont see why you would go wasting your time and someones harddrive space with this crap. Go buy yourself a nintendo and play star wars, this crap dosent even look right in OFP. I know it will never see itsself onto my comp, Star Wars and Stargate MODS are rediculous wastes of time in my opinion...

just make laser shaped models and texture them bright red/green and fire them like rockets

Hmmm.... mad.gif

Dont take other peoples models. If you want to have those vehicles in OFP then model them yourself. I'm sure all of the "gimme gimme" people will dissagree with me but i just hate the idea of people ripping off other peoples work. I know i wouldnt like it if someone used my models for this even if they were up for download. I guess it just comes down to the principles of it.... to me anyway.

Just my opinion dont stone me...nooo.... not the face!

woah woah, im not ripping anything off these are models that are free to be downloaded, im not passing them off as my own, this is just a diversion while texturing is going on with my other stuff, i also want to test how far the coding in o2 will go, the authors want people to use the models so im not gonna argue :/

Why reinvent the wheel? There are plenty of good free models that could be of use in OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ July 17 2002,23:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really dont see why you would go wasting your time and someones harddrive space with this crap. Go buy yourself a nintendo and play star wars, this crap dosent even look right in  OFP. I know it will never see itsself onto my comp, Star Wars and Stargate MODS are rediculous wastes of time in my opinion...<span id='postcolor'>

crap to you is treasure to another, none of your time is being wasted, maybe looking at it, but thats about it. like the huey, who cares about it? I sure dont, Iam sure alot of other people do, but I dont, but you dont see me complaning about it. and how about all these planes? ofp isnt a flight simulator, buy a real flight simulator for godsake.

Evis, u should do it not because I like many addons and stuff, but just cause maybe it could become an entire modification of ofp

murder is right!

let people download and reply where they interested in and not go say heh what a fu*king lame addon if you think that dont reply! mad.gif

well as i said its not just star wars there are some guns, a futuristic apc, a truck with a machine gun some other low poly models, and i went and got them because basically i cant make any more models, theres just no point theres noone to texture anymore than ive made at the minute and the ones im using are already textured i just need to add the coding for wheels and things like that...hopefully it will tide people over until the next major addon comes out, anyway some shots of the guns:

ssg.jpg

steyr.jpg

scout.jpg

Go for it Eviscerator, I forgot about that star wars mod, if they actually finish their mod those star wars vehicles would fit in nicely.

Do them after you've done the other ones first tho, a truck with machine gun sounds cool, hehe biggrin.gif

Evis,

I'd rather you apply your extensive moddeling talents to the things that would be better suited to OFP instead of Star Wars stuff. Things like BTR-60PBs, BTR-70s, BMD-1s, Warrior MICVs, etc.

You can go anywhere and get tons of stuff that deal with Star Wars, from books to movies to tons of other computer games. There is only one OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ July 18 2002,16:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Evis,

I'd rather you apply your extensive moddeling talents to the things that would be better suited to OFP instead of Star Wars stuff. Things like BTR-60PBs, BTR-70s, BMD-1s, Warrior MICVs, etc.

You can go anywhere and get tons of stuff that deal with Star Wars, from books to movies to tons of other computer games. There is only one OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

u r rather boring, a btr would be just like using a bmp and who much time do u spend in a bmp. I say more cool addons and less boring ones, atst's in mp oo yea and speeder bikes lotas fun, ihavent got resistance yet been delayed to 28th of july i thin funny that release date28th june delayed to 10th then 12th then 15th now 28th whoohoo. Delayed to 28december i bet and they will still miss that.

and with all this realism stuff sum realisms good but real life is rather boring even for fighter pilots where they says its 99% sheer bordom and 1% sheer terror and that was during gulf war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maveric|< @ July 18 2002,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm.... mad.gif

Dont take other peoples models. If you want to have those vehicles in OFP then model them yourself. I'm sure all of the "gimme gimme" people will dissagree with me but i just hate the idea of people ripping off other peoples work. I know i wouldnt like it if someone used my models for this even if they were up for download. I guess it just comes down to the principles of it.... to me anyway.

Just my opinion dont stone me...nooo.... not the face!<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I have to disagree with you...strongly..*looks for a big rock*.

If it gets it ingame, I don't care where it came from (as long as credits are given)...

can I chain you and stone you? please...! plz plz plz plz plz!

j/k

i'd say go for it. Although it may not fit woth OFP, it's nice to have some releif from modernday stuff.

anyway, how's your civilian jet coming?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ July 17 2002,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ July 17 2002,23<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really dont see why you would go wasting your time and someones harddrive space with this crap. Go buy yourself a nintendo and play star wars, this crap dosent even look right in  OFP. I know it will never see itsself onto my comp, Star Wars and Stargate MODS are rediculous wastes of time in my opinion...<span id='postcolor'>

crap to you is treasure to another, none of your time is being wasted, maybe looking at it, but thats about it. like the huey, who cares about it? I sure dont, Iam sure alot of other people do, but I dont, but you dont see me complaning about it. and how about all these planes? ofp isnt a flight simulator, buy a real flight simulator for godsake.<span id='postcolor'>

You are so wrong. OFP is a Combat Sim/Tank Sim/Flight Sim.

Oh yeah better throw in Boat Sim also.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ July 17 2002,19:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">murder is right!

let people download and reply where they interested in and not go say heh what a fu*king lame addon if you think that dont reply!  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ever hear of freedom of speech. I can voice my own opinion when I want. These forums are ment for that. And why do you feel that you must resort to swearing to get your point across?