Sign in to follow this  
jacksoldier

Why not add killstreaks to the game?

I think it would be cool if you could get killstreak rewards. Also the ability to customize them.

For example:

3 kills - UAV which reveals enemy locations from a remote camera

5 kills - cruise ship tomahawk missile which you can control and it fires from the edge of the map

10 kills - tactical nuke that you can use your map to pin point the location

What do you guys think?

bad troll, go back to your cave.

I'm serious. Right now there is no "reward" for killing people. There needs to be some kind of reward system. If not killlstreaks than maybe XP and rank increases and stuff

I'm serious. Right now there is no "reward" for killing people. There needs to be some kind of reward system. If not killlstreaks than maybe XP and rank increases and stuff

No thanks.

The reward is that you move towards completion of your set goal, that's what these games are about, if achieving your goals isn't rewarding enough then it's the wrong game for you :)

I agree. I also think maps should be 1 square km so that we can get those kill-streaks a lot faster and make commentary videos for youtube :31:

I agree. I also think maps should be 1 square km so that we can get those kill-streaks a lot faster and make commentary videos for youtube :31:

It's already going down the shooter route anyway. Why not just close the deal right?

Ok, you are pulling our legs... right ? Ha ha... haha.. that was funny.

LOL, You're in the wrong game forum. :coop:

This is a grown ups game where the idea is to help your team to complete the mission not brag about kills :p

Edited by EDcase

Well, depending on the type you killed, the rewards are either court martial or a medal.

Seriously, though, people should get away from the mindset they approach other games from. A fundamental issues that most of the 3/13 have is the concept of "game modes". There is no such thing in Arma. There are no fixed rules for mechanics within a mission. Want an example? DayZ.

Really, if someone wants a to create a "game mode" like Team Deathmatch, he creates a mission taht implements the rules of a team deathmatch. It's easy to add killstreaks to that, if you'd be crazy enough to want that. But that is nothing that is, or has to, be tied to the core mechanics of the game. DayZ certainly does not have killstreaks, and there is absolutely zero point in adding it to the game.

To reiterate, Arma has no game modes. It has missions, and each and every mission implements its own rules in addition to the rules that the base game mechanics implement.

Well in that case, I want to be able to jump from

. Right? Right!

I am a MilSim-fan too and enjoy the realism Arma has to offer.

But, why not let everybody play as they want. If I want a quick TDM match with my friends, why shouldn't it have some fun elements of BF/CoD. Thus I started scripting and this is what I have so far (kill streaks for TDM)

- it's not ready yet, I'm still working on it.

1. RPG

2. Magnified scope

3. AI subordinate

4. Mortar strike

You guys should stop taking it so serious. I hope BIS will never implement it into the core game but why not make a mod for those who like to play this way? In the end every Arma-player, no matter if MilSim-fan or "casual player" spent his money for a BIS product. And BIS can take the money to implement an even better MilSim core game.

You guys should stop taking it so serious. I hope BIS will never implement it into the core game but why not make a mod for those who like to play this way? In the end every Arma-player, no matter if MilSim-fan or "casual player" spent his money for a BIS product. And BIS can take the money to implement an even better MilSim core game.

You can add whatever the hell you want into the game. No one is stopping you, and people who want it will download it. We just don't want it in the core game.

You guys should stop taking it so serious.

You can have all you want in a mod, or in a custom mission. But the OP asked for it to be included in the game. And he seems to be serious about it (I still think he's pulling our legs).

Not take it serious when you hobby is ripped apart by bullsh*t like that ?

In the end every Arma-player, no matter if MilSim-fan or "casual player" spent his money for a BIS product. And BIS can take the money to implement an even better MilSim core game.

I paid for Arma, please give me Call of Duty ? There are things that can't be brought together, no matter how much money you put into it.

But, why not let everybody play as they want.

Because a) it's impossible without compromising other parts of the game

b) it will attract really really wrong kind of people to this game. It's already happening as you can see - let's not open the floodgates any more.

You can add whatever the hell you want into the game. No one is stopping you, and people who want it will download it. We just don't want it in the core game.

Same for me, I just don't like the rude attitude in the answers. For me this community here always seemed much more mature than in cod- or bf-forums. Let's keep it that way :)

You can have all you want in a mod, or in a custom mission. But the OP asked for it to be included in the game. And he seems to be serious about it (I still think he's pulling our legs).

Not take it serious when you hobby is ripped apart by bullsh*t like that ?

I paid for Arma, please give me Call of Duty ? There are things that can't be brought together, no matter how much money you put into it.

I think (or hope) BIS still knows where they come from and won't be easily persuaded into adding such kinds of casual shooter elements. Arma has to stay a sand box where you can do whatever you please.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Because a) it's impossible without compromising other parts of the game

b) it will attract really really wrong kind of people to this game. It's already happening as you can see - let's not open the floodgates any more.

There's no wrong or right people. People who play Arma gave their money to BIS and BIS is finally getting the reward they deserve. Just have to make sure there's mods to cater for casual players needs, so BIS will never think they have to implement things like that into the core game^^

The hostility comes from the fear that the flood of 'new' players will drag down the special gameplay that the ARMA series has to the level of CoD and BF.

Most of us have been playing this series for THE reason that its NOT like those games.

Ummm, you can make a mod for whatever the hell you want, as per the usual. Just dot waste BIS' development time on this bullshit.

why not make a mod for those who like to play this way?

Well, that is what everybody is saying. There is no point in adding something like that into the game. As I said, there are no "game modes", there are only missions. If someone wants to create a mission that includes kill streaks, they don't even need an addon for that. No need to ask that in the core game. I would certainly not want a tactical nuke in a DayZ-like game for killing six other players.

There's no wrong or right people. People who play Arma gave their money to BIS and BIS is finally getting the reward they deserve. Just have to make sure there's mods to cater for casual players needs, so BIS will never think they have to implement things like that into the core game^^

Yes there are wrong people. People who demand ArmA to be like CoD or its brethren are not interested in even comprehending what ArmA is and their demands can pose danger.

And if I pay for Call of Duty does that mean Activision should and will turn it into a tactical simulation the moment I demand it?