Sign in to follow this  
Krecik1218

Trigger activation by specified vehicles

I got two empty vehicles named: vehicle1 and vehicle2 and two teams of opfor to get in them and drive to specified location, if there will be a alarm. And if the vehicles will be destroyed, objective will be completed. These things works fine, but i want failed objective when vehicles reach base. In trigger which activate objective completed i got

!alive

condition. I placed another trigger in base and tried this condition:

alive vehicle1 or vehicle2

but it doesn't work.

Your not quite right any of the following should work but obviously test different conditions

!alive vehicle1

alive vehicle1

!alive vehicle1 or !alive vehicle2

alive vehicle1 or alive vehicle2

!alive vehicle1 and !alive vehicle2

alive vehicle1 and alive vehicle2

you can mix them even more

!alive vehicle1 and alive vehicle2

ect.

In trigger where the vehicles is waiting i've got following condition:

!alive vehicle1 and !alive vehicle2

If vehicles are destroyed, the objective will be completed.

Now in second trigger, which is in base where vehicles are going i tried:

alive vehicle1 or alive vehicle2

When I start mission objective is failed (what is good) but vehicles are not in trigger area (which is not good)

In my mission there are two teams. One got objective to clear the enemy base, but if the raise the alarm the vehicles from another base will go support first base. I just synced the trigger with the vehicles crew and it's working. The second team got secondary objective to destroy enemy vehicles until the reach the main base. Here i've got the first condition and it's working too.

EDIT: Ok, I found solution: I placed function to fail objective in vehicle1 and vehicle2 waypoints. I also added there function to delete trigger which is completing objective after vehicles are destroyed (deleteVehicle triggername;). Everything is working fine, but i still don't know why triggers are working for every place on the map instead of trigger radius.

Edited by Krecik1218

that's happening because those types of conditions are returning true or false.

To include the trigger settings you need to do it like this.

blufor present

alive vehicle1 and alive vehicle2 and vehicle1 in thislist and vehicle2 in thislist

thislist is an array of all blufor units within the trigger area based on how you set it it up.

So if they are both alive and within the trigger are the trigger will execute the on act.