Sign in to follow this  
Antorugby

Question about Particle Effect

Hello,

i'm new to the editing, and i need some help, I'm trying to create a new mission and i was looking how to make a fireplace, or at least a car on fire without explosions that last forever.

Btw, i found an old topic, where they were talking about creating a init.sqf file with this code inside:

BIS_Effects_Burn=compile preprocessFile "\ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\burn.sqf";

But when I use this code, and the code in the object init of course, it said that there is no burn.sqf script.

I know that the location changed to \data_f\a3\data_f\ParticleEffects but even if I use this location I have the same results, so there is any way how could I check all the particle effects?

Sorry for my english, hope you can understand what I'm trying to ask. :P

Well, just if someone was searching for the same thing, for checking all the particle effects I opened the data_f.pob with a pbo extractor, but in the destruction folder there is no burn.sqf.

Hi,

scripted particle effects were moved to Functions_F\Effects. Most particle effects are defined in configs (Data_F\ParticleEffects\ParticleConfigs) in A3. There is a new script command for these config effects (it works only with some of them): setParticleClass

More info about fire/smoke effect: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149032-Spawning-fire&p=2344816&viewfull=1#post2344816