g00d69

PrimaryWeaponItem equiped on weapon in config.cpp?

hi

I'am actually configuring equipment for some units in the config.cpp

weapon doesn't have items equiped by default,but only in inventory ("optic_hamr" etc....)

is there a syntax for equip for example "optic_hamr" directly on the weapon in config.cpp? ?

here is a sample of my code :

weapons[] = {"FHQ_M4A1_BLK", "hgun_P07_F","Throw","Put","Binocular"};

magazines[] = {"30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShell"};

respawnweapons[] = {"FHQ_M4A1_BLK","hgun_P07_F","Throw","Put","Binocular"};

respawnmagazines[] = {"30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","30rnd_556x45_STANAG","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","16Rnd_9x21_Mag","HandGrenade","HandGrenade","SmokeShell","SmokeShell"};

items[] = {"FirstAidKit", "NVGoggles","optic_hamr","acc_flashlight","optic_carryhandle"};

linkeditems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier1_cbr","A_Hip_Beanie","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};

respawnitems[] = {"FirstAidKit"};

respawnlinkeditems[] = {"V_PlateCarrier1_cbr","A_Hip_Beanie","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio"};

Thanks for help

It doesn't work that way. If you want to add a gun with certain attachments, you have to do it by making a new weapon entry in cfgWeapons.

You would then add your new weapon to weapons[]. You don't need to mention the individual gun parts in the soldier config.

class arifle_MX_ACO_point_gripod_mzls_F : arifle_MX_F
{
	class LinkedItems
	{
		class LinkedItemsOptic
		{
			slot = "CowsSlot";
			item = "optic_ACO";
		};

class LinkedItemsAcc
		{
			slot = "PointerSlot";
			item = "acc_pointer_IR";
		};
	};
};

thats what a gun config looks like when you are simply changing the attachments. "arifle_MX_F" is the base model, you would add "arifle_MX_ACO_point_gripod_mzls_F" to your soldier and it would have the attachments from your custom gun.

It doesn't work that way. If you want to add a gun with certain attachments, you have to do it by making a new weapon entry in cfgWeapons.

You would then add your new weapon to weapons[]. You don't need to mention the individual gun parts in the soldier config.

class arifle_MX_ACO_point_gripod_mzls_F : arifle_MX_F
{
	class LinkedItems
	{
		class LinkedItemsOptic
		{
			slot = "CowsSlot";
			item = "optic_ACO";
		};

class LinkedItemsAcc
		{
			slot = "PointerSlot";
			item = "acc_pointer_IR";
		};
	};
};

thats what a gun config looks like when you are simply changing the attachments. "arifle_MX_F" is the base model, you would add "arifle_MX_ACO_point_gripod_mzls_F" to your soldier and it would have the attachments from your custom gun.

Thank you very much for help, its working now :)

hey guys,

I am trying to get that script to work with the other custom stuff I have done to a weapon. Can anyone see what I have done wrong? The item is showing in the VA with no errors, but the attacments are not coming up. I am trying to add a scope, flashlight, bipod and suppressor

class AEF_weapon_mx_sw_bk: arifle_MX_SW_F
	{
		scope = 2;   
		author = "Duck";
		baseWeapon = "AEF_weapon_mx_sw_bk";
		displayName = "(AEF) MX SW Custom";
    		hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1"};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"aef_weapons\arms\Data\aef_mxsw_blk.paa"};
		picture = "\A3\Weapons_F_EPB\Rifles\MX_Black\Data\UI\gear_mx_lmg_black_X_CA.paa";
		//compatibleitems[] = {"aef_arco_scope_F"};
	};  
	class LinkedItems
	   {    
		class LinkedItemsOptic
		    {     
			slot = "CowsSlot";
			item = "optic_Hamr";
		    };
		class LinkedItemAcc
		    { 
			slot = "PointerSlot";
			item = "acc_flashlight";
		    };
	   };
 };

Sorry to revive an age old topic but I'm having a similar problem, I'm only trying to add a torch but it just seems to not load, does the accesory have to be in the same config as the weapon trying to use it/them?