Sign in to follow this  
silentkiller*

Help with config

We have tried this configuration on our server with 100mbp (megabit per second) connection, i ask if somenone have any suggestion about make this config better because after 15-20 players the server lag a lot..

Any Ideas?

server.cfg:

hostname="HOSTNAME";
passwordAdmin="ADMINPW";
password="";
reportingIP="arma3pc.master.gamespy.com"
VerifySignatures=0;

//stuff about message who everyone don't care

voteThreshold = 0.20;
voteMissionPlayers = 1;
kickduplicate = 1;
disableVON = 1;
vonCodecQuality = 1;
logFile = "server_console.log";
timeStampFormat="short";
persistent = 1;

arma3alpha.cfg:

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=0;
Resolution_H=0;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
viewDistance=1000;
terrainGrid=10.000000;
MinBandwidth= 33000000;
MaxBandwidth=100000000;
MaxMsgSend = 1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1472;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 184;
MinErrorToSend=0.01;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.001;
MaxCustomFileSize=1000000;
Windowed=1;

Suggestions?

We've found that the crate filler script was killing our fps. We would get 0-5 fps on the server. When we removed that script, we would get 45-50 fps. Do your missions have that script in them?

Now we have co100_dynamic_war_sandbox, UNA_DM25, GTS_Evolution_V14_stratis, GIR_CTF40, Wasteland_106, Insurgency as my teammates reported to me.

I have now modify MaxMsgSend to 102400 (according to bandwidth avaiable (100Mbp)), MaxSizeGuaranteed to 1464 (MTU from our server to my router), MaxSizeNonguaranteed to 128 (for reduce "teleport" issue).

Arma 3 is a little problem in server because sometimes it simply doesn't start and sometimes it go running (without touching anything).

BTW we're now thinking to take another server with 24GB of RAM DDR3 and quadcore i7 920 because 2gb of DDR3 ram is really too low.. BTW until our month of this server end i'll try to learn ArmA server configurations as better as i can.. hope to find help here ;)